Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Where would you vape but not smoke?

Discussion in 'Vape Talk' started by chip53, Oct 24, 2015.

1. chip53

chip53 New Member

It has occurred to me that there are times and places that I wouldn't smoke, yet would vape.

I carry my PV on a lanyard so it is always handy. As such, I've found myself vaping at times and in situations where I would not have smoked, even if it were legal. Part of it is the psychological block against wastage, so there were times I did not light up simply becomse I thought I'd not get to finish it. Since I did not want to carry around 'stubbed out' cigarettes, and did not intend wasting part of a cigarette, I'd wait to light one.

These situations include:

• Waiting at the lights when expecting to be inside a shop within the next few minutes.
    • Walking around generally. I cannot recall if there was a time in my youth when I'd actually walk and smoke at the same time (I quickly got too breathless to make that practical), but now I'll happily walk and vape.
    • Going to the loo (yeah, I know it disgusts some people, but I figure you're breathing, so you may as well add some PG to that inhalation - it is an antiseptic).
    • Waiting outside a shop for an order to be filled. Waiting outside the doctor's surgery. Waiting outside a train station. Just, any short wait where I'm in open space, really.
    • Refilling the car at the petrol station? I'm pretty sure there has long been a fire ban near petrol, but PVs (that don't burst into flame) should be fine. That is more an hypothetical one, since I don't currently own a car.
    • In windy situations. Anyone for vape motorcycling? (I hate motorcycles, but if I had to ride a bike, I'd have a PV set up for use with it.)
    • While cooking...
    Where & when would you vape but not smoke?

2. uhwuhzb3z

uhwuhzb3z New Member

I used to smoke while riding m/c so eventually when I get my bike back from mech
    i will be vaping depending on how far I am going.

I would vape wherever and whenever I please if there was not so much negativity
    about it from tards who think they know everything except the facts.

3. smallfeetz

smallfeetz New Member

In my room.
    At the computer.
    Inside generally.
    In the car.

4. Dacia1300

Dacia1300 New Member

Heh.. My computers have always been 'smoking friendly'.

Really? Oh right.., I forget about people that actually share a residence with other people.

Here, the spiders don't mind and the cockroaches abstain from voting. :smug:

5. maximsdarkay4704

maximsdarkay4704 New Member

It's funny that when I came back in OZ, I was still smoking and noticed that even in your own home, if you have people over, you feel obliged morally to go outside or next to a window. While in France, if you had people over who didn't smoke, which is very rare, THEY would stand on the balcony, and I saw this many times.

Vaping, I vape where i can and when it does not disturb anyone. I now smoke at home, whoever comes over. I also now vape in the car, where I would not before.

6. kammy

kammy New Member

In my house. It has always been a smoke free zone... very vaping friendly now :) My outdoor setting doesn't get anywhere near as much use as it used to.

7. cannot_remember_chit

cannot_remember_chit New Member

Mostly inside. But even then, my girlfriends not a fan of me doing it, so not very often. If I'm out and about, I only really vape where I would have smoked anyway.

8. MiyokoCarrillo

MiyokoCarrillo New Member

while your right about petrol stations, if the mod where to decide to explode or play up at that very time things could end badly.

9. Morgan Wood

Morgan Wood New Member

Device:
    Kangertech Subox Mini
    Juice:
    Juishy Arctic Grape
    If I'm walking down the street or to school I usually vape instead of smoke, especially if the place I'm going to is close. It's easier and faster to take a few hits off a mod than to light a cig and smoke it all before going inside. I also prefer to vape inside. I don't like the smell of stale cigs stuck to clothes and furniture, and also my parents don't know that I smoke, and the smell would obviously give it away.

10. oportosanto

oportosanto Member

Device:
    Vape Pen Endeavor
    Juice:
    Churrios
    Basically everywhere. Smoking is forbidden pretty much everywhere, so basically I would vape at restaurants, inside my home, the car, close to another people, sports clubs and why? Because I would not be bothering anyone as it's just water coming out! The smell of cigarettes is just terrible!

11. missvape

missvape Active Member

Device:
    Pen Type
    Juice:
    Milk Man
    That's a good question. When I was smoking, I'm pretty careful where I do it. I'd go to isolated open spaces and make sure that no one's inhaling my smoke. So for me it would have to be:

1. I'd vape in an open space, away from people but not really isolated.

2. I'd vape while walking, just making sure that no one's too close to me.

3. I'd vape while on the terrace of my room.

12. AboveTheSmoke

AboveTheSmoke Active Member

Device:
    Volcano All Day
    Juice:
    Lock Shock & Barrel
    My house near the window! Totally different, the bounceback of smoke used to settle back in the room so I'd always step out, vape just dissipates away :)

13. artyarson

artyarson Member

Device:
    e-cigarette
    Juice:
    cherry
    Well, smoking in public areas is kind of forbidden where I live. That's right. Vaping, however, is not. So, I can easily vape pretty much everywhere. Some people actually appreciate the flavor and think it's kind of air refresher. LOL.

14. JenP

JenP New Member

Device:
    Apollo
    Juice:
    Menthol
    Mainly in the house. Since you can not smoke in bars or restaurants here in Colorado I would take my vape to those establishments as well, but some bars here are now not allowing vape either.

15. Pablo Diaz

Pablo Diaz Member

Device:
    Vaporfi Platinum Pro
    Juice:
    Vaporfi afternoon delight
    At bars. I wouldn't smoke in bars even if it was allowed because I found the smell to be disgusting and I didn't really want to bother other costumers. But vaping is practically odour-free and I just try to aim my smoke so as not to bother anyone and so far I've never received a complaint whenever I vape at bars with friends; as I'm sure I would have received had I been smoking instead.

Also, in my house while in my computer or in general. I used to smoke on a window or even outside because the smell would cling onto furniture and other stuff. But now I just vape in my couch or in my desk with no problem.

16. Healey

Healey New Member

Device:
    E-Go
    Juice:
    Banana Flavored local brand
    Yeah, basically the places I used to want to smoke cigarettes, but not stink up the place... so my car and home. I try to hold off on it when I'm in public (sometimes by just not bringing it with me) but the idea that I can lean back in my office chair and feed my fixation is probably one of the main reasons I made the transition.

17. SapnaTheBaller3

SapnaTheBaller3 Member

Device:
    ELeaf
    Juice:
    O.C
    You basically hit it on the nail when saying vaping in spots where you don't have much time since you'll be inside soon. I personally think that's the biggest pro, however I'm not one to smoke much in public anyways as I still find it a bit awkward.

18. artyarson

artyarson Member

Device:
    e-cigarette
    Juice:
    cherry
    At the restaurant, I suppose. Nobody really pays attention there if I use my e-cig. Probably at every other public place where it's okay to eat and drink. I've even vaped in class and nothing happened, whereas if I was smoking... I could probably get punished severely.

missvape likes this.
  19. missvape

missvape Active Member

Device:
    Pen Type
    Juice:
    Milk Man
    Unfortunately, schools here are pretty strict, even with smoking and vaping as well. So if I did that in school, I'd be suspended, lol. They don't even allow students to not wear their ID inside the school. And we cannot even have the hems of our skirts above our knees. So I think students right now cannot do this as well and I doubt they will in the future. Schools are pretty traditional and conservative here.

20. roger1003

roger1003 Member

Device:
    mini 60W Box Mod
    Juice:
    Pancake Man
    I vape inside my room! I would not smoke there because I don't want the bad smell to linger. Vaping is better because you have more option on where to vape as compared to where to smoke.