Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

What Have Doctors Said To You About E-Cigs?

Discussion in 'Vape Politics and Media' started by OkeyDokeySmokey, Feb 28, 2016.

1. tskier01123

tskier01123 Member

Device:
    iTaste MVP with Nautilus Mini Tank
    Juice:
    Vaporleaf - Fire & Ice (Cinnamon / Menthol)
    My brothers a doctor who lives in Pennsylvania. He knew how bad smoking was for me and how hard it was for me to quit. So when I visited him after six months of vaping he was super impressed and has suggested it to his patients who are unsound but continue to smoke day in and day out. To him, it wasn't the perfect solution but so much better than smoking. Any efforts to get people off of something that's pretty much guaranteed to kill you is worth it in his estimation. Can't say that I disagree.

2. missvape

missvape Active Member

Device:
    Pen Type
    Juice:
    Milk Man
    Some doctors are way too traditional and don't update their knowledge on the latest studies and technologies. So because of that, they tend to become very close-minded about innovations like electronic cigarettes. And that's very dangerous, because as a doctor, they need to be constantly updating their information.

Every four or so years, medical books change many things in a topic so much that the older version cannot be used by students anymore. This just goes to show that science and medicine is an ever-changing field. New theories, information and topics are added every so often that depending on your very first edition book isn't even good enough.

So such doctors who prefer cigarettes over vapes? Well, I would dare say that they aren't up to date with science and medicine. And if that's the case, it's better that you change doctors ASAP.

Here's proof though that a lot of medical organisations are actually supporting the use of vapes instead of cigarettes:

http://moveorganization.org

Good luck, guys and keep on spreading the good word!

3. tgthewriter1

tgthewriter1 Member

Device:
    sr-elit
    Juice:
    tobacco
    Doctors are probably right when it comes to vaping. But, it is so relaxing to vape and calm down. There are so many stupid people that a person has to deal with. It can get to a point where you feel like your going to fall out. It’s like the movie “Wanted” where the guy was stressed out because his boss yelled at him for missing a dead line. Being humiliated is a real stress kicker. If you quit vaping, you better find an alternative because you just might snap and kill somebody. Keep your mind under control or you will do something stupid.

4. FenWoFon

FenWoFon Member

Device:
    VaporFI Rebel
    Juice:
    Pineapple
    I have been told by a family's doctor that it is not bad to vape and that it is way more healthy than a cigarette, he also said that if he was me I would rather vape than smoke and that is somehow true, if the doctor says it, I believe it, no matter what other people say, it is not cool to stop doing what you like.