Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Want to something usfull with your Ipod??

Discussion in 'Vape Modding and Technical' started by Blackwell doesnt care, Oct 18, 2015.

1. Angry Grandma .

Angry Grandma . Member

I have recently received a bunch of goodies from China. Its stuff I have been waiting for from DX and other places. I really should not drink when looking around Alibaba and Ebay!! My problem is that I skip over the specifications of the electronics and have ended up with a few boost modules that are below par for their intended use. Never mind some stuff turned out well.

I found over in Ireland some very interesting wooden snuff boxes that were just crying out for some electronics. I think it was CCC who has recently had a unit from the states which is very similar to what I had in mind.

Last month I found some Ipod and camera batteries cheap. I have been Vaping on a couple of parallel wired 580mah for a couple of days now and they are holding up very well and they are just the right size for my snuff boxes. To get away from the big firing buttons I have used before, I fitted a touch switch. This is just a couple of metal contacts, that when touched, fire the atomizer. It took me a while to figure out how to wire the mosfet, but they have been used before and heaps of information on ECF. For want of anything better the contacts are thumb tacks as its all I had!!

There is one up and running with a Vision Stone tank, and its doing all I need. I have a couple more batteries, so I will see what I can come up with?
    View attachment 2382

2. moleking82uk

moleking82uk New Member

well done, looks like you did a great job. Nice idea using the ipod batteries too.

3. fvfv81

fvfv81 New Member

Great stuff :) You have piqued my interest - do you have part numbers, links etc so an electrical dumbo like myself can follow behind?

4. flyboy490

flyboy490 New Member

Hmm, thats a tricky one?

My local Jaycar had a few different Lithium Ipod and camera batteries for sale. The ones I picked up were 580mah and a couple of 1400mah camera types. I just keep an eye open for stuff like that. They worked out around ten bucks each. The Mosfets are IRL3103 and available on ebay pretty cheap. From memory 10 for thirteen dollars. The boxes came from www.mrsnuff.com. They are based in Ireland and very easy to deal with. Boxes around $23+postage

The circuit is per the image less the LED, which I didnt have. Maybe next time?? I cant claim anything I have nailed together as original as plenty of others were there before me!!!

5. imdu1fuvm

imdu1fuvm New Member

to ask what will be a really dumb question - how do you charge them?

6. Becca

Becca New Member

Not dumb at all. With a little work with snips, wire and a soldering iron, I was able to use an Ego charger after connecting a 510 battery connection. I am just waiting for it to go flat to see if it will charge now its built into the box. I have a feeling a little more work will be needed to fit an separate charging port. Maybe not??

7. chip53

chip53 New Member

Excellent, even I can follow that (and though it may not be original, it's the first time I've seen it so thanks mate :))

8. Big

Big New Member

That is really impressive Rob. And i think it was Ingrid that posted that pic of the box mod from the states a couple of days ago.

9. reloaxode

reloaxode New Member

The set up will work with real batteries as opposed to the ipod and camera stuff. For a first shot, you are better going that route as the Ipod stuff takes a little work to get them ready. I was trying to utilize the small boxes, and this seemed the way to go.

10. guzoulidis

guzoulidis New Member

Oops sorry!!!

The old mind isn't what it used to be!!! (It used to be sober!!)

11. gadresm

gadresm New Member

Sweet work Rob they look great..Much better then Shipo's shouse mods mate.

12. zicken

zicken New Member

Looks great, nice choice for the boxes.