Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Vandy vape pulse x kit

Discussion in 'Vape Reviews' started by wiz4vape, Sep 9, 2018.

1. wiz4vape

wiz4vape Member

Device:
    Aegis and zeus
    Juice:
    Heisenberg
    Vandy vape pulse x kit comes in few different colors:

- G10 black
    - G10 red
    - Frosted green
    - Frosted red
    - Frosted cyan
    - Frosted amber
    - Frosted black

[​IMG]

Specifications:

- Size: 82.6mm x 54.8mm x 27mm
    - Power range: 5-90w
    - Resistace range: 0.05-3ohm (vw) / 0.05-1.5ohm (tc)

In the box:

- Pulse x BF kit
    - 8ml squonk bottle
    - Usb cable
    - User manual
    - 18650 battery adapter
    - 30ml silicone refilling bottle optional
    - Accessories bag
    - Airflow cap
    - 2 coils

[​IMG]

Pulse x kit is the new squonk kit designed by Tony B and Vandy vape. Mod is the new version of very popular pulse squonk mod. This kit comes in different colors, actually panels are different and drip tips.
    Package that I received contains very nice bottle with 30ml capacity, you can buy that bottle separately. Bottle is very interesting and it has two different tops, one you can use for dripping and the other one you can screw on the mods connection and fill the bottle from the top, you don't have to take out the bottle to fill it, which is really nice.

Pulse x rda

Pulse x rda comes in black mat color and in my opinion it looks very nice. On the top cap you can see nice engraved details, on the barrel you can see pulse line engraved and also you can see engraved "pulse x". On the first look rda looks very quality and when you hold it in the hand you can feel the quality. From the bottom of the rda you can see engraved "pulse x", serial number and branding, also on the base you can see two o rings. Diameter of pulse x is 24mm, height is 31mm. In the box you will receive both, regular 510 pin and squonk pin. In the package you will receive one more transparent top cap which is really good.

On the top of this rta there is 810 drip tip, without o ring on it, drip tip is pretty much comfortable for using. Color of drip tip is matching with color of panels. In the package you won't receive spare drip tip but you can use here any other drip tip without o ring and on the trasparent top cap there will be very nice shaped drip drip and comfortable for using.

Engraved details on the top cap helps a lot with airflow adjustment and you can see one o ring on the top cap. Top cap has very good shape, conic shape that improves the flavor. On the top cap you can see slots for airflow, slots are placed at angle and air that way can hit coils very precise and it is harder to make it leak through the holes.

[​IMG]

On the barrel you can see 12 airflow holes, 6 on one side and 6 on the other side. From the inside you can see two notches that fits with the base and barrel will be locked that way, so when you are adjusting airflow barrel will stay in the place and it will be easier to unscrew the rda from the mod.
    You can adjust your airflow very easy and you have a lot of airflow options, for example, you can open 6 holes on both side, you can open top 3 holes on both sides, you can open bottom 3 holes on both sides or you can combine it, 3 holes on the bottom and 2 holes on the top and so on, you can adjust the airflow the way you like it and there is a lot of options, what you adjust on one side it will be the same on the other side.
    Transparent top cap from the package is all one pece, you can't remove the drip tip but as I said drip tip is very comfortable. On this top cap you can't adjust the airflow, it has 24 holes for airflow, 12 on one side and 12 on the other side, holes are little bit smaller than on the black barrel. Holes here are also angled down so it will be little bit harder to make it leak, but of course you can make it leak if you overs quonk or over drip, just be careful and you won't have any problem. On this top cap there are notches as well to prevent top cap from moving around.

Build deck is very interesting and here you can place your coils in horizontal or vertical position. On the deck you can see 4 holes for coil leads and it is very easy to place coils inside. Screws are good and holes are big so you can place even bigger coils here.
    So, when you place your coils and tight down screws, you can use your tool to place coils in vertical or horizontal position, it is very easy. Also if you like you can use here even 4 coils. On the build deck you can see two holes on the top and when you squonk e liquid will go through that holes directly on coils, which is very good. On the bottom of the deck you can see two more holes and through that holes liquid will go back to the bottle. This system works great and this is probably the best squonk system. You need to be careful to not put the cotton over the holes because cotton will block holes.
    In the box you will receive two triple fused clapton coils, on the bag you can see specs of coils which is very good. Resistance of the one coil is 0.41ohm, diameter of the coil is 3mm.

[​IMG]

Considering that in the package you will receive both, squonk pin and regular 510 pin, if you don't have squonk mod you can use this rda without any problems with regular mod, cause airholes are placed at angle and juice well is deep, so if you are just a little bit careful there will be no leaking.
    With black top cap when you open all holes, you can expect a lot of vapor production and very smooth airflow, same is for the transparent top cap. This rda can produce massive vapor.
    My favorite airflow adjustment for this rda is when I open 3 bottom holes on both sides, that way airflow is restricted and flavor is really good. With that airflow I use rda on 50-55watts.
    This rda has a lot of pros, personally I really like this rda, only thing that I dont like is that it gets hot when you chain vape, it is normal for rda, but everything else is just amazing, very good build quality, build deck with perfect squonk system, probably the best out there, I like that you can use vertical, horizontal or even 4 coils here, it is very easy to install your vertical or horizontal coils, very good flavor and huge pro that in the box you will receive one more top cap.

[​IMG]

Pusle x

Pulse x is made out of good quality plastic, size of the mod: 82.6mm x 54.8mm x 27mm. New version of the mod can work up to 90w and it is compatible with 3 types of batteries, it is compatible with 18650, 20700, 21700, on the previous version you are able to use 18650 and 20700 batteries. In the box will be adaptor for 18650 battery.

On the top of the mod you can see stainless steel connection which is screwed from the top and 510 gold plated pin, threads are very good. From the back of the mod you can see Vandy vape logo, from the sides you can see beautiful panels. On one panel you can see engraved "pulse x". You can buy panels separatelyand also you can use panels from previous version. Both panels has only one magnet and magnets are strong, so panels stays very nice in the place, even when you shake the mod panels won't move around.
    From the front of the mod you can see screen, up and down buttons, fire button and usb port for charging and upgrade. Up and down buttons and fire button are very clicky and I didn't have any problem with buttons. Under the panels you can see egravings, from one side you can see engraved "a Tony B project" and "Manufactured by Vandy vape", from the other side there is engraved "pulse" and "vandy chip".
    Under the panel you can also see the bottle, that bottle is the same as on previous version of pulse. Capacity of the bottle is 8ml of eliquid, but I would suggest not to fill it till end because you may cause it to leak, just leave a little bit of space inside and you will be fine and there will be no leaking. Next to the bottle you can see the battery slot and battery orientation is engraved and you can see it clearly. Basically you can very easy place inside 21700 battery and when you need to take the battery off, take off the second panel and just push it with your finger.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. wiz4vape

wiz4vape Member

Device:
    Aegis and zeus
    Juice:
    Heisenberg
    To turn on the device you need to click five times on the fire button, to turn off the mod you need 5 clicks on the fire button as well.
    To switch between modes you need to click 3 times on the fire button, then you can cycle through the modes with up and down buttons, when you choose the mode that you want to use just click on the fire button.
    Modes:
    - Wattage
    - Voltage
    - Bypass
    - Tc ss
    - Tc ni
    - Tc ti

You can lock the device when you press the fire button and up button in the same time for 2 seconds, do the same to unlock the device. When the device is locked you won't be able to use up and down buttons, but you still will be able to vape.
    To flip the screen left or right you need to press the power button and down button.
    If you are in power mode, when you hold up and down buttons, you will enter submenu:
    - Diy
    - N-H
    - ID
    - Version
    - Settings

If you are in tc mode, when you hold up and down buttons, you will see:
    - Diy
    - Resistance set
    - TCR
    - ID
    - Version
    - Settings
    To adjust the power in tc mode you need to click 4 times on the fire button.
    On this device you can also create a custom curve, to do that you need to choose Diy mode which can be customized and you can create your custom curve.
    With n-h option you can activate boost mode, when you choose H (boost mode) click 4 times on the fire button and you can adjust boost power.

This device has one more very good option that I would like to mention, if you don't want to use some of modes, you can simply remove the modes from the menu and when you click 3 times on the fire button removed modes will not be there. So for example if you don't like tc mode, but you like power mode and bypass mode, in the settings you can remove tc modes and when you cycle through the work modes tc won't be there (or any other that you remove).

Every time when you screw atomizer on the mod, it will ask you is it new or old coil, if you select that it is the new coil chip will suggest you power for that coil, also if you press two times fast up and down buttons you can check the resistance.
    You can change brightness of the screen in settings.
    Anyway this device has a lot of settings that you may like.

Protections:

- Overtime protection
    - Low-battery warning
    - Short circuit protection
    - Overcurrent protection
    - Open circuit protecnion
    - Overheating protection

Pulse x squonk mod is pretty much comfortable in the hand, I can use the fire button with my index finger or my thumb. Build quality is very solid and everything is as it should be, nice and clean. Chip is good, I didn't have any problems and ramp up time is fast, very fast. Mod has a lot of settings so if you want to play and if you like to adjust everythnig you can do it here for sure.
    Pulse x is very similar with previous version but here you can use 3 kinds of batteries which is really good, especially if you like to use 21700 battery and mod can go up to 90w.
    I would like to give you an advice for bottle, actually this is an advice from Tony, I earlier said that you don't fill the bottle to the top and to leave a little bit of space, so when you fill the bottle, just squeeze it a little bit before you screw the top of the bottle, that way bottle will suck the rest of e liquid that is left in the tube and when you put bottle back in the mod it won't leak.
    Basically, this is very good mod, there is not something that I can complain about, everything is done pretty well. I like to use this mod with 21700 battery and battery life is good, so if you want good quality squonk mod with 21700 battery you may consider this one.

Vandy vape pulse x

[​IMG]