Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Vandy vape phobia v2 review

Discussion in 'Vape Reviews' started by wiz4vape, Sep 24, 2018.

1. wiz4vape

wiz4vape Member

Device:
    Aegis and zeus
    Juice:
    Heisenberg
    Phobia 2 comes in few different colors:

- Matte black
    - SS
    - Gun metal
    - Rainbow

[​IMG]

Specification:

Height: 25.2mm
    Diameter: 24mm
    Capacity: 1ml

In the package:

- Phobia 2 RDA
    - User manual
    - Accessory bag
    - 810 drip tip
    - PEI 810 drip tip
    - 510 Drip tip adapter
    - Coil lead guide
    - Tools

[​IMG]

Phobia 2 is designed by Alex from youtube channel Alex from vapersMD and Vandy vape, just like previous version of phobia. The new version of phobia is very different than previous one, base is similar, but everything else is different. You can use Phobia 2 RDA with 2 coils or you can use it with one coil if you like to use it that way.
    Phobia 2 rda comes in very nice package, with a lot of things inside, which I like of course. In the package you will receive even 3 different 810 drip tips and two coils which is really good.

I can say that I like the design of this rda, it looks very nice but this is subjective, phobia 2 rda is made out of stainless steel and build quality is good, there is no sharp edges or anything that bothers me with build quality. You can separate here top cap and chamber. You can see some details on this rda, on the top cap you can see engraved "Phobia II", on the chamber you can see egraved wavy detail and from the bottom of the base you can see the serial number and you can see engraved "Phobia II rda" and some branding.

When you receive phobia II rda it will come with pre installed delrin 810 drip tip. This drip tip has really interesting design and you can see some details that makes this drip tip different from the others, you can see gear design at the bottom of the drip tip, someone will like this style of drip tip someone won't, but I like to see something unusual. In case that you don't like this drip in the package you will receive 2 more 810 drip tips, one that you will receive is ultem 810 drip tip and this drip tip is very short and basically you can only touch it with your lips, this drip tip covers completely the top of the top cap. The last drip tip that comes in the package is frosted 810 drip tip and this drip is more usual than previous 2 drip tips. Basically you can use here other 810 drip tips without o rings and drip tips stands very nice on this rda and you can use your own drip tip if you like. O ring in the top cap that holds drip tip is good. In the package you will also receive 510 drip tip adapter and you can use 510 drip tip here if you prefer that way. Personally I can use any of 3 drip tips that I received in the package, but I prefer delrin drip tip, cuz Im the one that likes different drip tips.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So, you can take off the top cap and on the chamber there is o ring that holds the top cap. On the top cap you can see 6 airflow holes, you can see 3 holes from one side and 3 holes from the another side. Airflow adjustment works very well, there is no any problem here, we don't have a stopper here but it will not be a problem when you want to take off the rda from the mod, I will write later why. What you adjust on one side it will be the same on the another side.
    You can simply twist the top cap and adjust your airflow, you can close one hole on each side and use this rda with 2 holes opened on one side and on the other side and you can use 3 holes on both sides, while you still can open holes more or less. Because of the design you can open one hole on each side but there is no point to do so because it will not work.

On the chamber you can see 3 holes for airflow on each side and air will go through that holes and hit the coils. Airflow holes that are placed in the middle are placed at angle and rest of the holes are placed also at angle and kinda sideway because that way air will hit the coil directly and very precise, you will see this little bit better on the picture that I posted. Also because airflow slots are placed at angle it will be hard to make this rda to leak, which is always a good thing. Earlier I said that here we won't have a problem with unscrewing rda from the mod and this is because on the chamber we have two notches and chamber will be locked with the base, so you can pretty much easy take off the rda from the mod. Chamber is very reduced and airflow is precise which will improve the flavor.

[​IMG]

On the base there is one o ring that holds the chamber and from the bottom of the base you can see protruding 510 gold plated pin. Threads on 510 connection are very good and clean. Juice well is deep 8.8mm and it can hold 1ml of e liquid. Also on the base from the inside you can see engraved "Phobia II" on both sides. Build deck is very simple to install your coils, considering that with this rda you will receive coil lead tool and if you use this tool you can cut the coil leads where you need to, it is engraved on the coil lead tool where you need to cut the coil leads. Screws are good and screws locks the coil leads very good in the place.
    So, here we have 4 holes where you need to place your coil leads, you can use this rda in dual coil configuration or you can use it in single coil configuration. You can place pretty much easy two coils here and even easier one coil, coil lead tool helps a lot with that because you will know the right place where to cut your leads and after that just place your coils and tight the screws. Wicking is also very simple and you can wick it without any problems.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

You can use this rda with regular mods and you can use it with squonk mods and basically it works very good with both.
    When you use this rda with regular mod and you driping through the drip tip, e liquid that falls between the coils will end up on both sides of juice well which is good.
    When you use this rda with squonk pin, liquid will go from the bottle in the middle of the base and again go on both sides of juice well.

WIth this rda you will receive two coils, which is a big pro, on the bag you can see which coils you received, resistance of the coils and there is even recommended power for the coils.
    I tried coils that I received in dual coil configuration and I tried this rda with single coil configuration with 3mm coil. In my opinion this rda works way better in dual coil configuration because that way flavor is better and vapor is more dense. Flavor is very good in my opinion ,definitely above the average, liquids that I use every day tastes very good. Coils that I received in the package are triple fused clapton coils with 3mm diameter, resistance of one coil is 0.3ohm, which in dual coil configuration will be 0.15ohm, and coils are made of ni80 wire.
    When airflow is fully open there is a lot of airflow, more than I like and it needs higher power that way, 75-80w. When I reduce the airflow a little bit than I use coils from the package between 60-65w and results are great for me.
    Honestly I can't pick anything bad on this RDA, something that may bother you is that sometimes is possible when you want to take off the top cap you can pull the chamber with it, but anyway this is not a con in my opinion, you just need to be careful and hold the chamber when you want to take off the top cap.
    We have here a lot of pros, very good build quality, even 3 drip tips in the package with 510 drip tip adapter, very reduced chamber that improves the flavor a lot, very easy for coil placement, 2 coils in the package and many more.
    In my opinion this is very good RDA and I would recommend it.

Vandy vape phobia 2

[​IMG]