Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

unique tank

Discussion in 'Vape Reviews' started by Leo, Nov 16, 2015.

1. Leo

Leo New Member

"the unique tank by ashdog"

View attachment 4347 View attachment 4348 View attachment 4349

I purchased this tank from Ashdog on the UK vapers forum It cost me 35pound,
    Shipping was very quick and Ashdog was excellent to deal with, Really helpful and responded to PM's Very quickly.
    a blurb on the tank and Ashdog from UK Vapers

Ashdog started making vaping accessories in 2011. His first adventure was making unique drip shields for 510 atty’s. My friend Cat in America was one of the first people to get my unique drip shields. She introduced me to the lava tank and encouraged me to make my own unique version. The lava tank was designed by JonboyUSMC ; an inspirational design combining the top cap and tip into one piece with a matching bottom cap. It was such a great idea! Cat contacted Jon and told him we would be making a unique version of his design so more people could enjoy a wonderful, easy way to vape with the bonus of vaping through a unique work of art. Jon agreed he can’t keep up with the demand and had no objections. Thank you Jon!

The unique difference between the “Lava tank” and our “Unique tank” is that each top cap is a different style with its own unique personality; and be.comse they are hand turned, we have something to offer in the individual styling that is possible to achieve when turning by hand.

The top and bottom caps on our “Unique Tanks” are made in a variety of colors and patterns. There are new colors already on their way. In an effort to stay away from the lava tank colors, we found a Polyester material that is completely safe and used for a variety of purposes from buttons to baby’s teething rings and although not as flashy as some of the acrylic blanks that are available we feel confident supplying a product that has a proven track record.

The tube is made from a PMMA material that again has food safe certificates and has the added advantage of being more resistant to some of the tank cracking juices. It is a little more brittle than polycarbonate but again we feel this is the right material to use.

We are using X type o-rings giving a double seal between the caps and the tank body, the carto seal is provided by a standard O-ring. Each tank comes with a back up o-rings set.

These are truly the definition of “made by hand.” Expect minor differences. Each tank has its own unique personality and you will have the only one"

So I was in the market for a Jon Boy Tank but after being on a list for quite some time I stumbled across Ashdog on the UK Vapers forum I made contact with him and I got a hold of one..
    The tank came in a really nice black pouch and was shipped with a spare set of Orings which is really fantastic.
    It takes a standard size Carto and the Tank holds around 3mls of juice
    as you can see on the Provari photo the bottom cap seat nicely. they come in a nice variety of colors

My thoughts on the tank..

The tank it's self is b.comtiful the colors are fantastic it maybe a little hard to see but it has a silver speckle that sparkles and shine's and is just awesome
    Crafting and build quality is really fantastic the top cap which is hand turned def has that "hand crafted" feel and look but not for one second make's it feel like a lesser quality
    The workmanship is second to non and although hand turned it really gives the tank a Sophisticated Elegant feel a look which is hard to find in a lot of vape products

onto the build quality the tank Orings for the Carto are very firm and once the carto is seated I have had no issues screwing or unscrewing the tank from any of my devices
    Ive had the tank for a few weeks now and have gone through about 5-6 cartos and the Oring is holding up extremely well and still seats the same as the first time I loaded it up
    This Oring is extreemly strong and you may have a little bit of trouble getting the carto out (but that's a good thing)
    The Orings for the Tank is where I got a little confused, The first time I loaded it up the Orings didn't seem to hold at all a with a slip trying to re adjust the tank it fell apart and juice went everywhere :(
    I cleaned it all up and re filled it and was very carefull on putting it back on the Provari I had a quick vape set it aside and when I came back I had notice that the Orings were rock solid
    I contacted Ash and he told me thats how the X style Orings work so for future reference you need to set the tank aside for 20-30sec and its all good after that I could easily pick it up from the tip on the Provari
    again nice strong Orings once I worked it out..
    The Seat for the carto in the top cap is perfect it neither too tight or too loose and provides an excellent seal
    I have had no issues with leaking at all and the overall air flow is very good.
    The drip tip cap is very nice and is very comfortable in the mouth allowing for a nice seal and a extremely nice vaping experience.

Vaper, Throat hit & Flavour really is down to the juice you use

The tank is a little pricey and wont be for everyone but if you are in the market for a all in one style tank system that is well crafted very strong with looks that will make your vape buddy's envious then this tank is def a option for you.

Thanks to those that read I'm not a professional reviewer just thought it would be good to give this item a shout out

2. Melilya

Melilya New Member

Nice review & looks like a nice tank if you like the one piece topcap style.

3. ArdomioRR

ArdomioRR New Member

Holy crap! I love the leopard print one!

4. Liekdueve

Liekdueve New Member

The middle photo ?? all three photos are the same tank it different on all side's

5. Corn

Corn New Member

Seriously? I thought they were two different tanks too!
    Can you show us a pic of a side view showing both sides?

6. Lola

Lola New Member

Wow!!! I thought they were 2 diff tanks!