Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

The Making of a 3.7 Volt Boxmod 101

Discussion in 'Vape Mod Talk' started by Jekalend, Jun 2, 2015.

1. Jekalend

Jekalend New Member

This is a boxmod for the beginning PV modder. Not very sophisticated, But it works great and lasts for hours on a charge. And it should last a long time.

Tonite I built a 3.7v basic boxmod for my Granddaughter's Mother-In-Law (not sure what that makes her to me???) .. who wants to quit smoking and start vaping. I know there are a bunch of companies out there that make these things, but they are so easy and cheap to make, why would I wanta spend the money for someone else to make it?

I started out with a standard 2-AA battery box with master switch (a buck on Ebay)
    [​IMG]

I removed and relocated battery connectors to make it a 1-14500 box with the other battery position for my circuitry
    [​IMG]

I drilled holes for the horn button, LED and Atomizer connector
    [​IMG]

I then placed all the components into their positions, just to see that they fit alright
    [​IMG]

I next made all my solder connections
    [​IMG]

I installed a battery and tested the unit to make sure all my connections were good
    [​IMG]

To make sure the components were snugly installed, I used clear hi-temp hot glue to anchor them (hard to see, love that clear hot glue))
    [​IMG]

Here is the finished product
    [​IMG]

And does it work? yabetcha it does !!
    [​IMG]

Since I made it for a girl, I put in a pink LED ::)

Let's see, how much did it cost to make?

Battery box, $1, Ebay
    Horn Button, $1, goodprophets.com
    LED and resistor, .10, Ebay
    510 Battery Connector, $1, Goodprophets

Total (not including battery): 3 bucks

Time to assemble: about an hour

Retail for finished PV: $20-25 (depending on brand)

Hey, that's about $22 per hour labor!! Maybe I am in the wrong business!

2. xc3xzw02

xc3xzw02 New Member

Not bad for a first tutorial, if you would like I could make some suggestions for some constructive criticism

3. loser_hot_sexy

loser_hot_sexy New Member

Hi Skorne .. sure, suggestions appreciated. I didn't set out to make a tutorial, just took pics mainly to show my in-law, thought I might as well share it.

4. hdpoxhfwxlcl

hdpoxhfwxlcl New Member

Wish I could do the same stuff you do with the whole making mods and such.. I just spend money on em and have them sit in my room while some get tons of use and others are mad at me! haha Keep doing what your doing @ asnider123

5. Hobo Joe

Hobo Joe New Member

not trying to rain on your parade here ..more as an option to those that don't know what parts are needed to make one

madvapes sells the kits or assembled units also ..they are a modders one stop imo