Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Tesla Vortek Tank.. TC or Not?

Discussion in 'Vape Tank Talk' started by GamerLady, Mar 2, 2016.

1. GamerLady

GamerLady Member

Device:
    Kanger Subox Mini, Tesla Two Submod
    Juice:
    Back in November of last year, I was talked into buying a Tesla Two box mod that came with a Tesla Vortek tank. I needed to buy some new atomizers for it a while back and noticed that there were two different types: temperature controlled and not temperature controlled. Since I wasn't sure about whether or not I could use TC atomizers with my tank and rig, I bought the "regular" ones.

I am pretty sure that the atomizers that came with the tank were TC since it seems that my tank gets warmer with these new atomizers; however, I don't know for sure because I got ticked off when the last atomizer was a dud and threw it away without a second thought. I'd go back to the B&M store I bought it at, but the guy who was knowledgeable about it does not work there anymore and the other guy seems less knowledgeable about it.

My search for a direct answer has yielded mixed results; some say that it sounds like it came with TC atomizers, but some say that the tank and mod aren't built for TC. I would prefer TC because I chain vape a lot and get worried when my tank really heats up; however, I don't want my tank or mod to blow up in my face because it's not set up for TC.

Does anybody have any ideas or suggestions?

2. Jack Benoit

Jack Benoit Member

Device:
    iTaste MVP 2.0 iClear 30
    Juice:
    Snake oil from Seduce Juice, pear/coconut/cream
    Fооd grаdе сеrаmiс соil, hеаlthy аnd еnvirоnmеntаlly friеndly. Lоng sеrviсе lifе, аnd соttоn сhаnging сараbility instеаd оf соil hеаd. Еаsy tо usе tор filling dеsign аnd bоttоm аdjustаblе аirflоw. 64.5mm hеight, 22mm diаmеtеr.

3. GamerLady

GamerLady Member

Device:
    Juice:
    Thanks Jack, but I don't think this is for the Tesla Vortek tank that I currently have. Upon further investigation, it is looking like the Tesla Two box mod is not temperature controlled, so I will keep buying the regular coils for it.

4. Jack Benoit

Jack Benoit Member

Device:
    iTaste MVP 2.0 iClear 30
    Juice:
    Snake oil from Seduce Juice, pear/coconut/cream
    Thе twо соils thаt соmеs аs stаndаrd with this tаnk аnd соmе with thе kit, аrе Ni200 соils. Thеsе соils shоuld nоt bе usеd in wаttаgе mоdе аnd shоuld bе usеd with а bоx mоd саpаblе оf tеmpеrаturе соntrоllеd vаping. Thе SX mini fоr instаnсе оr thе nеw SMОK X Сubе II аrе bоth gооd оptiоns fоr tеmpеrаturе соntrоllеd vаping.

5. GamerLady

GamerLady Member

Device:
    Juice:
    Thanks, Jack. Actually, two of the coils that I got were "freebies" thrown in when I bought the box mod and tank as a set. Both were Ni200 (also known as "TC coils"), the two that came in the box with the tank were Kanthal; which was why I was a bit confused.

Like I mentioned earlier, after looking into it I figured out that it was not a TC mod and decided to buy the Kanthal coils for it. I'm really not interested in buying a new mod since I actually like this Tesla Two mod.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2016