Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Switch between vaping and smoking?

Discussion in 'Vape Talk' started by FenWoFon, Apr 13, 2016.

1. FenWoFon

FenWoFon Member

Device:
    VaporFI Rebel
    Juice:
    Pineapple
    I actually have a friend who does this, he vapes but he sometimes smokes a cigarette's pack per day, is switching between both things even good or not?
    Whatdo you guys think?

2. artyarson

artyarson Member

Device:
    e-cigarette
    Juice:
    cherry
    If he doesn't have a goal "quit smoking"... yeah, that's totally fine.

3. epaultspm

epaultspm Member

Device:
    Aspire K3
    Juice:
    Green Apple
    Not necessarily good for his health, but any time away from cigarettes is a positive thing.

4. Gemma Rowlands

Gemma Rowlands Member

Device:
    e-cig
    Juice:
    Strawberry
    I don't think it's "good for you" as such, but if he would usually smoke only cigarettes then any times that he vapes instead is a positive step. I have a friend who vapes, and when he accidentally forgets his spare battery or runs out of fluid he occasionally smoke cigarettes because they're easier to get hold of when he has a craving. But these times are few and far between now, and I know for a fact that he doesn't actually enjoy doing it - he just does so because he has that craving.

5. Sirvapealot

Sirvapealot Member

Device:
    Flowermate Pro
    Juice:
    Gummy Bear
    Some people use vaping as an alternative form to smoking. If that was the case with your friend then he is defeating the purpose. If he is doing both for enjoyment than that's ok too. Some people that smoke like vaping here and there for the different flavors it offers.

6. ZXD22

ZXD22 Member

Device:
    Joyetech Ego One
    Juice:
    Atmos watermelon
    It helps from smoking the majority of the time by replacing the vaping, but I would recommend having him switch to 100% vaping over a long term change over so he can stop smoking and save his health considerably. Little by little, day by day will help and he will be thankful for it as well!

7. genevb

genevb Member

Device:
    VaporFI Rebel II
    Juice:
    Apple
    Definitely not, I do not even want to think about all the things that are in his throat from tar combined with vapors of juice. This way a lot of people fool themselves they had let cigarettes, when in fact they just reduced their number, and got the surplus of nicotine from e-cigarettes. Anyway, I think that this might still be better than smoking only cigarettes all day.

8. FenWoFon

FenWoFon Member

Device:
    VaporFI Rebel
    Juice:
    Pineapple
    That is exactly what I have been asking him to do since a while ago but he does not pay me any attention, he loves doing both things at the same time, lmao

9. missvape

missvape Active Member

Device:
    Pen Type
    Juice:
    Milk Man
    When I was just starting into vaping, I alternate them. I would vape in the morning and by mid-morning would have a cigarette. Then another vaping session alternated with a cigarette. For a few weeks and months, that's what I did. It has never really escalated to smoking a pack a day, that's the good thing. Then at one point, I was just ready to quit cigarettes and moved on with vaping.

With your friend, I think it's a great start to vape. But maybe he still isn't completely sold on the idea of vaping because a pack of cigarettes a day is just too many. By now, he should have reduced that to at least half smoking and half vaping. I don't know if his intention is to quit smoking one day with what he's doing. But regardless, don't let him quit vaping and continue to observe his actions. If it's already a few months or a year and he's still like this, chances are, he's become addicted to both.:/

AboveTheSmoke likes this.
  10. Okaviator

Okaviator Member

Device:
    Joyetech
    Juice:
    Lemon
    Your friend most likely has picked up vaping as a hobby. Or he may be trying to eventually quit smoking altogether. Smoking addictions effect everyone differently.

11. ejorman1010

ejorman1010 Member

Device:
    Tesla
    Juice:
    Johnson Creek
    Smoking cigarettes at all is not a good thing. Vaping isn't the most healthiest thing in the world either, but is much better than smoking traditional cigarettes. If his goal is to quit, then it's not the best thing for him to continue switching back to traditional cigarettes.

12. ejorman1010

ejorman1010 Member

Device:
    Tesla
    Juice:
    Johnson Creek
    It is possible it's just his way of weaning off cigarettes. Smoking from a vape and smoking regular cigarettes are different in terms of the feel and the "burn." I guess it's not the worst idea to go in slow and not quit cigarettes cold turkey.

13. ejorman1010

ejorman1010 Member

Device:
    Tesla
    Juice:
    Johnson Creek
    Chemical toxicity is dose dependent, so it isn't ideal, but it is better to not smoke all day. Replacing some of the cigarettes containing over 2000 different chemical with vaping is probably a good thing. I do agree that it is best for him to just get off cigarettes altogether over switching on and off.

14. Stopcigarettes

Stopcigarettes Member

Device:
    eGo-t
    Juice:
    RY4
    I did that at the beginning but found that it wasn't helping me. I decided to put smoking to the side and now I only vape. I have had one or two cigarettes that friends have offered me but in general I don't smoke.

15. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Device:
    JAC vapour
    Juice:
    Real Tobacco
    I'd imagine that most people would do the same if they switched from smoking to vaping, and that's what I did myself until I managed to gradually cut down.

If a person is vaping aswell as smoking long term, then that's another issue that needs tackling altogether though.

16. AboveTheSmoke

AboveTheSmoke Active Member

Device:
    Volcano All Day
    Juice:
    Lock Shock & Barrel
    Some people are just like this...can't control their addictions. Best thing you can do is just tell them you are just down for them and would love to see them healthy, but hey, it's their life. Let em know if they ever want to quit you'll be down to help coach em through the withdrawal but that's about the best you can do sometimes

17. genevb

genevb Member

Device:
    VaporFI Rebel II
    Juice:
    Apple
    I also had a friend who did it your way, but the problem at him is that he still has a cigarette every now and then, he says that it's because of the gesture, and when he is with his smoker friends he simply find it weird to be the only one vaping, how did you get past these problems? Do you still have a cigarette every few days or completely gave up on them?

missvape likes this.
  18. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Device:
    JAC vapour
    Juice:
    Real Tobacco
    I do get that if they're the only one vaping in a group of cigarette smokers, then they might feel a bit self conscious, but the more popular vaping becomes, the less chance there is of that happening.

19. Gombafej

Gombafej New Member

Device:
    PC
    Juice:
    Orange
    Most people I know quit smoking by going into vaping and then quitting vaping as well. It's a much smoother transition that way.

20. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Device:
    JAC vapour
    Juice:
    Real Tobacco
    I think your right and for a lot of people that's the easiest way to quit altogether, although I think there's a lot now that enjoy the different flavours when vaping, so even though the liquids they use will be 0% nicotine, they'll still carry on vaping every now and again.