Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Still not approved by the FDA

Discussion in 'Vape Politics and Media' started by faye1232212, Apr 18, 2016.

1. faye1232212

faye1232212 New Member

Device:
    g pro
    Juice:
    grape
    Hi everyone! I just came across some information online regarding Electronic-cigarettes/vapor and the FDA has yet to approve it. I have heard a lot of good things about e-cigs (besides it blowing up in the guys face) but I also see the very negative feedback on the internet. We all know smoking traditional cigarettes are harmful but why when there is something that can potentially curtail the large amount of smoking related deaths each year, is it shunned? The excuse is that there isnt enough research out there to say it is safe...SO why not do some research then? Why just continue to shun it but keep real cigarettes out on the market? I do not understand this concept at all. It makes no sense.

2. Lynk

Lynk Member

Device:
    Aspire Nautilis
    Juice:
    Mt. Baker Vapor Pineapple Peach
    I think they are still working on it. If you look on the FDA website, they do say they would like to regulate electronic cigarettes. Unfortunately, I don't have much faith that you will see any sort of impartial scientific studies from the FDA! I think there is a lot of pressure from both the tobacco and the drug company lobbies to keep e-cigarettes from being approved and keep the government from condoning them officially.

3. genevb

genevb Member

Device:
    VaporFI Rebel II
    Juice:
    Apple
    For the exact same reason for which cigarettes and alcohol which kills millions of people yearly are legal, and marijuana which hasn't had any death linked to it since forever isn't legal. The government want people to be sick, want people to be needing the pharmaceutical stuff, and after that they need people to die in order to sustain the economy, as if there wasn't a clear rate of young people dying yearly, the economy wouldn't sustain so many people who went out into retirement, if they ever caught that age.

4. AboveTheSmoke

AboveTheSmoke Active Member

Device:
    Volcano All Day
    Juice:
    Lock Shock & Barrel
    Need more time for anything like this. When there are lots of potential problems that have specific causes, you have to find patterns and just sort of see where it goes from there. They don't have enough data to say it one way or the other so they leave it off the table to cover for themselves just in case.

5. Sirvapealot

Sirvapealot Member

Device:
    Flowermate Pro
    Juice:
    Gummy Bear
    The FDA approves things already that aren't healthy for you. At the moment I would take that with a grain of salt. Unless some major study comes out saying otherwise. Even then you have to be weary of who is posting the study. It could be one funded by big tobacco to try to take down this industry.

6. elatedmist

elatedmist Member

Device:
    Ranger SUBVOD
    Juice:
    Chocolate, Orange Crush
    Time will tell. The poor judgement towards vapers is a proof of popular ignorance for new devices. The same happens to marihuana, nobody has died or even reach a overdose's level of weed. But still is most regulated than alcohol and cigarettes. I'm hopeful that will change in the future. Now regarding FDA, well, as any gubernamental institution, you can't take anything for true until there is at least ten or more other studies that agreed with their claims supported by strong evidence.

7. ejorman1010

ejorman1010 Member

Device:
    Tesla
    Juice:
    Johnson Creek
    They are still gathering information. I don't have a problem with them not giving it the stamp of approval just yet. They are relatively new and it's not like they have banned it.

8. faye1232212

faye1232212 New Member

Device:
    g pro
    Juice:
    grape
    Thanks for the responses. I see that there is more time needed to conduct thorough research, but will they continue this trend until no one cares anymore and evetually never gets approved due to lack of research? I hope that doesn't happen but I feel like it will.

9. FenWoFon

FenWoFon Member

Device:
    VaporFI Rebel
    Juice:
    Pineapple
    This isdefinitely what I mean, they're somehow against vaping and there are no reasons for it, they should just approve it right away.

10. epaultspm

epaultspm Member

Device:
    Aspire K3
    Juice:
    Green Apple
    There definitely needs to be more conclusive research, but the most likely case is that big tobacco is doing some back alley dealing with the stalling of approval. I say this with absolutely no evidence at all, but It would explain why the tobacco companies are not trying to get into the e-cig market.

11. elatedmist

elatedmist Member

Device:
    Ranger SUBVOD
    Juice:
    Chocolate, Orange Crush
    But Big brand tobacco companies are constrained by state taxes and regulations. What kind of lobbying chances they have right now? For me, they have to adapt or die if vaping becomes a greater phenomena, and I think They can't do nothing about it If that (hopefully) happens. I believe they are making a big profit yet to worry about vaping market. And also they have resources to change their current business scheme into vaping's market.