Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Sorry if I'm wet behind the ears, but what is hookah?

Discussion in 'Vape Talk' started by Kezzy, Apr 22, 2016.

1. Kezzy

Kezzy New Member

Device:
    Totally wicked resolve
    Juice:
    Bubble gum
    hi guys, I've never heard of hookah until I started on here, and it's been mentioned a few times. Would someone mind explaining to me what it is? I can't find anything about it anywhere! Is it an American thing? We don't have it in the UK and if we do it must have another name. Thanks

johanrobert likes this.
  2. Destinyosbourne

Destinyosbourne Member

Device:
    Box Mod
    Juice:
    Cappuccino
    Uh, like a hookah?

[​IMG]

It's a bong with a hose used for smoking herbs... such as, tobacco and marijuana.

If you're talking about some new vape term... I have no clue. That's the only hookah I know.

3. elatedmist

elatedmist Member

Device:
    Ranger SUBVOD
    Juice:
    Chocolate, Orange Crush
    At first I though was a slang term for "Hooker":D. But It seems that is a term for narguilé stuff. My neighbor go one of these. But only I saw assemble it during reunions and parties. These devices are quite large and seem a bit complicated to assemble and burn tobacco.

4. genevb

genevb Member

Device:
    VaporFI Rebel II
    Juice:
    Apple
    The only hookah I know it's the one from the above image, it's very popular in Asiatic cultures, generally they are used more in countries like Egypt by Arabs. Hookah are nowadays used mostly for relaxation, you can even find hookah flavor at the local shop, it might contain or it might not contain nicotine, depending on your budget and tastes. On the top of it you place two heated coils, which heats the flavor they are standing on, and you inhale through that hose, the water from the bong starts to vaporize, and you can blow out lots of smoke combined with water vapors.

5. ZXD22

ZXD22 Member

Device:
    Joyetech Ego One
    Juice:
    Atmos watermelon
    I actually never knew or even heard about a hookah as well. Thanks guys!

6. vaperlover

vaperlover New Member

Device:
    Cloudmaker Whiteout DNA200
    Juice:
    Cuttwood
    Hookah is a traditional smoking activity that originates from the Middle East. The bottom portion is a tank that holds water. The upper portion is the bowl where the tobacco is placed. There is also an outlet to which the hose attaches. The tobacco used in Hookahs is called "sheesha," which is a combination of tobacco leaves, molasses, and natural flavors, such as fruit. Heated coals (made of charcoal or compressed coconut shells) are placed either directly on top of the tobacco, or on aluminum foil with a series of holes in it.

carlyrose284 likes this.