Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Peppermint.

Discussion in 'Vape DIY Juice / Recipes / Mixing' started by Bad Mother F*cker, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Bad Mother F*cker

Bad Mother F*cker New Member

Hiya :) I received a peppermint juice as a sample and really liked it. My question is when mixing your own do you just use peppermint or add other flavours. I've purchased numerous flavours from JF have mixed nothing that really grabs me as yet. Do you have a peppermint juice mix that is A1?

2. clikege

clikege New Member

I have a love hate relationship with peppermint. I love it for about a day after I mix it then it either tastes pasty or metallic.

At the moment my mint of choice is inawera natural mint with koolada and menthol.

3. erideni

erideni New Member

Thanks XX. I would like to do one with pear have you tried something along those lines? I mixed one from the DIY recipes which had vanilla in it and the vanilla took over :(

4. kristof

kristof New Member

Can't help on the fruits with it. I use menthol and koolada with them (fruits)rather than add a mint . :(

5. Joyce

Joyce New Member

I'll try that. What percentage do you use? I'll give it a whirl.

6. louisays4

louisays4 New Member

For regular concentrates I work on a total of 15%

For the berries it would be 8% fruit, 5% menthol (reg strength) and 2% koolada
    For melons and light fruit bump up the fruit and reduce menthol.

When I play I premix all the individual flavours then add them in a recipe.

7. mrkia

mrkia New Member

What does koolada taste like

8. futhspeehealf

futhspeehealf New Member

It doesn't have a flavour itself it is more of an icy throat hit and a bit of fizz sensation on the tongue.

The only thing I should mention is that it sometimes neutralises some vanillas or custards

I use it a lot for throat hit when the menthols don't work

9. lru00

lru00 New Member

crisscross - which menthol flavouring do you use?

10. KaitlynMa

KaitlynMa New Member

I use a couple. Perfumers apprentice when I want a bit of the dencorub type and decadent vapors which seems to be a bit more tasteless. And of course I put a dash of mentholeucalyptus in a lot of my recipes. :D

11. r3zuuwll

r3zuuwll New Member

If you get a chance to play with my subzero clone, its strong but we are still devouring it after a few months. The horehound is the key ingredient.

12. simplicity778

simplicity778 New Member

im usually more into mint than menthol - the mint cig from yaeliq is one of my faves - but i might grab some of the mentholeucalyptus singler from vk - sounds v nice!

13. SOSED242

SOSED242 New Member

FA Peppermint 3%
    TFA Absinthe Double 0.5%
    Menthol how you like it (me about 3 drops/10ml)

Tastes like a Fishermans Friend or Stimrol chewy.

14. thyclemeperty

thyclemeperty New Member

Still a daily vape for me after 3 1/2 years.

I must have tried over 100 mint varieties over the years and they are slightly different. I have just discovered inawera and they have 10 variants LOL out of that batch, the natural mint is lovely.

15. ZaGorka

ZaGorka New Member

OK its cold and flue season, what brand of eucalyptus do you use, in fact what is your recipe. I figure if anyone has a good recipe for mentholyptus recipe its you

16. Rydia

Rydia New Member

17. alisaov69

alisaov69 New Member

Can I ask, whilst we're talking, I've noticed you don't like heavy mods which ones have you found are lighter and smaller, I have arthritis in my wrist and little hands. But I want to get a box mod with replaceable batteries but I'm not sure which

18. kagosa

kagosa New Member

That's a tough one as my issue is all about balance. I rest the mods button on my thumb and close my hand to fire so it has to be the right shape and balance with the button in the right place. The only box mod I have with replaceable batteries are my billet boxes.

My other box mods are MVP v1 and recently heatvape defenders. They don't have replaceable batteries.

My tube mods are byleo Mecha switch on aluminium tubes and at home provari minis and still use my vision spinners with my tanks for running around with.

All the other small mini boxes were actually too small and light and so I couldn't hold and fire them properly. I was getting stressed hands trying to hang onto them.

19. summergrl891

summergrl891 New Member

Thanks will try some of those concentrates. Still thinking about box mod. Istick 30 is good but eventually want battery one. I think it is trial and error.

20. SoorCk

SoorCk New Member

Sounds like I need to try a few of these, I really enjoy menthols and mints. Wouldn't be a ADV for me but I'd most likely get into them every week at some point, but have only at this stage Dekang, Hangsen and some VapeRevolution's mix.

Man, bad hands/wrists suck doesn't it and it's surprising how many folks I meet suffering. It sure makes you have to give thought to a whole lot of purchases and/or the entire way you go about doing just everyday things. I have arthritis and all sorts of tendon issues, can't close my hand right up or my ring fingers lock shut. Kind of like trigger finger.

Can't use thumbs much so I like box mods that I can use my index finger and find those the most comfortable to use for myself. Out of my mods that I can replace a battery in I like my Smok M65, though for me it's not perfect in my hands but pretty good. I have fairly large-ish bum scratchers so if things get too small it can get painful with a lot of use.

My fav though which works brilliantly for my hands and button placement, is awesome and saves me so much discomfort, owe that to Crisscross. I got her Dovpo DT-50 (least I think that's what it is), it's not tiny but the fit is pretty much perfect for my hands. But it's a built in battery, when the battery dies I figure I'll pull it open and just solder in a new one.

If I can't I'll have to buy another.