Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Newbie needing help in choosing between 2 products! Please help!

Discussion in 'Vape Politics and Media' started by Wagon Burner, Jan 20, 2016.

1. Wagon Burner

Wagon Burner New Member

Hi I am new to vape and having troubles choosing between two products can anyone advise please. I am in between buying VK Deluxe Starter Kit or Kanger EMOW Mega Starter Kit. I understand that a dual coil system is better and I am not sure the VK kit has it. Also I am a heavy smoker for 20 years and I want to use vape to quit. Any more advice I would appreciate. Thank you in advance.

2. zeshawn

zeshawn New Member

If you are a heavy smoker you will need some thing better than you have mentioned I would suggest as a minimum an Istick 30 and a couple of kanga pro version 3 mark 2 tanks with single coils as a start with a juice at 12-18 mg any vender you find on this site will have this gear at good prices the e juice with nicotine you will have to import from overseas we have juice venders listed on the site as well .
    It would help to know your location as we have many members who are happy to help you along your quit campaign. Welcome to the site please ask any question you think of Vaping is not easy to get into but we are all here to help.
    Cheers MarK

3. xewophe8w

xewophe8w New Member

I don't agree with wedgtail in that I successfully started with a lesser kit than either of those. Mind you, having said that:

• It required a higher nic. level (than other, better equipment) to produce a satisfying vape.
    • I moved on to better equipment (similar to what you described) around 6-8 weeks after starting vaping, and after a couple of months, abandoned that for even better gear, more along the lines of what wedgtail was suggesting.

If funds are tight, I would recommend going with one of them, so..

OK.. we're comparing VK Deluxe Starter Kit to Kanger EMOW Mega Starter Kit?

Although I've had good experiences with the Kanger products, and that combo. of tank and battery looks great.. I'd go for the VK kit, simply be.comse it allows to screw other tanks on top. If you get into vaping, it is likely you'll be wanting to try a few different tanks (possibly with different coils).

4. KellyFort

KellyFort New Member

If not, there is always the tried and true ego twist batteries, which come in starter kits and are ridiculously cheap if you dont mind waiting (on fasttech.com).
    One thing I will say is dont skimp on the juice, find somewhere that is reputable (heaps are mentioned in the forums) and find a couple that you think you'll like. Don't just go with a Hangsen/Dekang be.comse they are on the same site you are ordering your equipment from, I've known people that have been put off at the first hurdle be.comse they didnt like these juices (I was almost one of them) and went straight back to stinkies.
    Best of luck to ya mate, if you are in WA, I'm happy to lend a hand.

5. Sadecedivx1

Sadecedivx1 New Member

IMO the best starter kit is an istick 30W ( battery life is fantastic, I get very close to 2 days on a single charge) with a mini .comtalis tank, just very hard to go wrong. Great battery life and and great flavour from the tank as well. I have set up 4 people with this set up and they love it.

As far as juice if you can't be bothered to mix your own juice ( like me) The Vape Shop NZ has some great juices.

6. naci

naci New Member

30watt istick, with a Silo Tank, and a packet of replacement coils.
    It will last you months.
    Fill out your location in general settings please guys.
    It helps if we know where you are.

7. xxhello13xx

xxhello13xx New Member

Thank you again for all your great feedback! Such an amazing group of people. Its hard when you start I feel overwhelmed by the amount of gear and options available but all your comments have helped me so much. :)

8. dull_sux

dull_sux New Member

Ok everyone so far this is what I am getting for my setup: istick30 with .comtilus Mini Tank will get some cheaper kanger tanks just to see how I go too. I will be getting the e-liquids from NZ shop soulblu, any recommendation with the strength of nicotine . Just read some where to start with the lowest 6ml necotine to avoid throat burn? Any recommendations on the strength and any flavours? Thanks in advance! 

9. dragon

dragon New Member

I used to smoke a pack a day of 8 mg. I vape 12mg, anything stronger and it blew by head off, anything lower and it didn't satisfy me enough. I'm a mouth to lung vaper, I believe you need lower nic for straight lung hits but I wouldn't know be.comse lung hitting doesn't interest me. I'm in it to stop the stinkies not change the weather:biggrin-new:

How did I find out what nic strength I should vape? I tried a few different ones. I may cost a little more buying different nic strength to find your sweet spot but once you do it's happy days.

Try The Vape Shop NZ they have a good range of premium juices, lots of yummy ones in there.

10. absoppy

absoppy New Member

Hey man, maybe try a 6 and 12 to see which suits you better. I vape 6mg, some of my own batches i mix to 9mg just for a bit more hit, but its all personal pref. Let us know how you go though!

11. MentalMonad

MentalMonad New Member

ah, the joys (not) of tablet life

Im a PC :)

12. EileenSin

EileenSin New Member

Yeah the tablet was a financial choice $150 from target!

13. xadal

xadal New Member

In terms of travelling, you can put it in your hand bag or carry on, it doesn't really matter. I take mine with me everywhere i go and i travel a couple times with my e-cigs with no issues. I also use mods and they get shocked by the size be.comse I use a Segelei 100w mod it's really big compared to the ego pens they are used to seeing but yeah they let it go pass security so it's all good.[/QUOTE]

itslilox what about the juice, did u have any problems with them in your hand luggage?

14. AlafeKew

AlafeKew New Member

Hi Alex, I carry one with me in my hand luggage and the rest with the 25 - 30kg luggage.

15. Mitch G

Mitch G New Member

Check the destination country and their regulations. Singapore, I believe, they will not allow ecigs..? Am I correct here?

16. miko

miko New Member

Hey Alex, I'm not sure about the regulations overseas, but best to just use .comtion where possible. I brought my iStick 50w, Atlantis v1 and a few juices back from Bali in my hand luggage without a problem. I just had the juices in a sandwich bag in my toiletries, the mod in its box and the atlantis (full of juice) in another sandwich bag. The Atlantis leaked pretty bad in there due to the changes in pressure, so just make sure you have everything nice and airtight.
    Smelt amazing though!

17. Stammany

Stammany New Member

Thanks Sol!!! :eagerness:I didn't even think of putting it in a zip lock bag to avoid leakage, thanks for the tip! The juice was not confiscated then at the gate? I thought we are not aloud to take liquids with us. At least I will be able to vape once I get in Dubai. Could u vape in Perth airport waiting for your flight? Also were do you get your juice? Do u have any flavours that u could recommend? Thanks in advance!

18. plokokolc

plokokolc New Member

Yeah the zip lock saved me big time! It was the wife's idea though, she's a clever one.
    I dont know if you are allowed to vape at the airport here, but I didnt, just in case.
    I didnt get any problem with juice, I suppose it would just look like cosmetics or something when it shows up on the scanner.
    I get my juice from Juicefactory, waiting on some from nicoticket, some from a local guy who makes doublers and I DIY a bit (not that great but getting better).

19. Jack Benoit

Jack Benoit Member

Device:
    iTaste MVP 2.0 iClear 30
    Juice:
    Snake oil from Seduce Juice, pear/coconut/cream
    Thе Kаngеr ЕMОW Mеgа is а mоrе pоwеrful аnd vеrsаtilе upgrаdе оvеr thе pоpulаr ЕMОW vаriаblе vоltаgе vаpоrizеr frоm KаngеrTесh.

Thе ЕMОW Mеgа bаttеry сrеаtеs аmаzing vаpоr аt 1600mАh саpасity, with thе оptiоn tо сustоmizе vоltаgе frоm 3.2 vоlts tо 4.8 vоlts by simply twisting thе bоttоm diаl. Сrаftеd frоm thе finеst mаtеriаls, thе slееk ЕMОW Mеgа is аvаilаblе in blасk, silvеr, rеd аnd bluе