Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Newbie getting confused. Got a VaporFi Pulse

Discussion in 'Vape Politics and Media' started by urgelsCer, Jan 17, 2016.

1. urgelsCer

urgelsCer New Member

Hey everyone. Firstly thanks for all the information I've found already on this forum.
    I recently put a bunch of research into this whole vaping deal, with the view to kicking the "analogues". I have smoked for about 35 years, and just received my first vaporizer. In my search, the Vaporzone/VaporFi Pulse got loads of top reviews, so I went all out and that's what I got. I got my first lot of juices from the same vendor too. I found it pretty weird to get used to initially, but I'm getting on top of it now and the smokes are done for. I'd be really grateful if someone could get me pointed in the right direction on a couple of queries though.
    1) With the Pulse, am I limited to using the genuine accessories and upgrades with this, or can I use generic/aftermarket parts/upgrades? I can't seem to get my head around all the options out there, and if they are suited to my unit.
    2) The first 100 or so puffs of the Pulse seemed pretty good, and I figured I'd get used to it pretty quickly. After about 200 or so, I'm finding the vapor level dropping off, and getting a burnt taste to it. If I lay the unit on its side for a while and let the wick soak, I get a decent hit again. I've tried cold sucking etc to prime, but just can't get it to work very well. Have I just made a really bad choice in devices, or is it most likely just a bad atomizer?
    Next, I'll try some DIY juice, but I'll get on top of the device and it's options first. Thanks for anyone that can shed some light for me.

2. plumdumplings

plumdumplings New Member

As a rule of thumb, 68 reviews on the site selling it, are likely to be less than helpful.

I suspect it would work well enough, but it looks to be little more than an ego\vivi nova combo with a not very helpful screen and silly charger.

Tilt often to keep the wicks wet, sucking to prime will probably not achieve much.

Spend some time wandering around the forum and you'll probably find many better options.

Lately the aspire .comtilus bvc seems to be regarded well.

3. vulcan

vulcan New Member

Just watched a vid review of these , and it looks to me like the tank is a standard ego fitting ... so you can fit any atomiser that uses the ego connection ... you could try an EVOD tank or similar

Couldnt see inside the actual battery connector , but if it is internally threaded , then it's probably OK for any 510 atomiser ( such as the .comtilus , Aspires, etc etc ) but you might need to find a b.comty ring to cover up and add support

4. FootFanatic

FootFanatic New Member

The coils gunk up and over time will get worse. They'll need to be replaced when they start to taste bad. As the juice in the tank gets low they wont wick as well and need to be tilted to assist with wicking.

5. semimimi

semimimi New Member

Dont sweat it ,your in the right place for advice and help.
    IMO try EVODs,easilly available in.comst/cheap/you can but packs of atomisers/and can also be rebuilt with a little knowledge.
    Sounds like your coil is cactus ,and looking at your device ,its probably proprietory ,meaning you cant buy just the silver part inside the cartomiser.
    Post your whereabouts and maybe a kind local sole will assist/demo/or share some goodies.
    Good and reasonably priced starter gear is available In.comst,much cheaper than Vaporzone . Good luck.
    Dont be shy ,we all started some where, and these guys will give great assistance.

6. Dususals

Dususals New Member

sweetfa65, Sign me up's comment applies to all atomizers. If the atomizer you have doesn't allow you to
    replace the head (aka coil) then it's disposable. Anything from 1-4 weeks and the vapour & flavour fall off
    and you turf it.

Most modern clearomizers allow you to dispose of and replace just the head. And unless you have
    unusual gear atomizers & batteries are pretty much mix & match.