Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

NEW MEMBERS: Introduce yourself here!!!

Discussion in 'New Vapers Forum' started by bedi, Sep 27, 2015.

1. BMWbuyerGoGo

BMWbuyerGoGo New Member

hey welcome mick77 and JerryRister

2. infinitesky49

infinitesky49 New Member

Welcome Jerry and good luck

3. Angry Grandma .

Angry Grandma . Member

4. davidmartin

davidmartin New Member

No not yet. I just wanted to see how the starter kit goes before expanding into that area. The starter kit comes with 5 cartomisers (with nic flavour). I will look to order nic from the US, as I believe can be done.

5. u4fu6

u4fu6 New Member

Hi I'm KC. I am a Malaysian but lived in Perth for 4 years sometime ago. Came across this forum while at nu-vapors hehe. Been vaping for about a year. using mech mods.

6. x860

x860 New Member

hello all names josh only new to vaping but enjoy it alot been off analogs for 3 weeks now

7. coneeded05

coneeded05 New Member

I got that starter kit to start with too, unfortunately it's quite expensive and not really compatible with standard gear.
    Vaping Cobra E-Liquid E-Juice Electronic Cigarettes will sell you a similar kit for a lot less and it is compatible with standard stuff and also comes with clearomisers which are really the standard for new vapers, easy to use and refill.
    It is likely that without nicotine you will find it's not really that useful, those cartomisers are tricky to refill; I managed to do so but only by half emptying them using the "Reverse Taryn Spin" method before refilling; only 2 out of 4 worked and really there are much easier ways! I quickly moved on to better gear and am vaping like a train and off the smokes.
    At the very least get yourself some clearomisers from that e-cigs place.

8. fetishgirl2011

fetishgirl2011 New Member

I must say this is an awesome site, keep up the good work!

Seriously though, I thought I should say hello and introduce my self to the forums and say thanks for all the good info..
    I have been vaping for just over 3 months now , leaving a 20 year filthy habit behind with out a second thought.
    I spent many hours on these forums looking for information and honest advice. This helped me start out successfully with a bit of confidence, I still want to learn more and hopefully I can return the favor and contribute to this community with what I have learned.
    I think its funny now in such a short time since quitting, I cant get it out of my head that people are still smoking tobacco, why wouldn't they be getting into this?

Cheers!

9. Jefrey

Jefrey New Member

Why not indeed. Its good to see the hours you have spent lurking haven't been wasted.

Welcome oogieman and have fun.

10. Angry Grandma .

Angry Grandma . Member

Welcome one and all ... :D
    Great to see such a diversity of people showing up ... jump into the forums with any Q's you might have , or just to let people know you are about .
    AVF is a great community , getting stronger everyday :)

11. Jaisioliply

Jaisioliply New Member

Another newbie here. I have been lurking around here since just before xmas and learning a lot. I haven't touched a dirty stinky cig in 3 weeks now thanks to this forum(after 19 years of smoking). So far vaping is working out expensive as there are so many awesome devices, mods and juices I want to try. I'm sure i will slow down on the spending as soon as I find my feet, but then I'm sure there will be plenty of new toys always popping up that I cant resist.

12. legionfalls

legionfalls New Member

G'day HSV and welcome mate...Congrats and with a name like that you'll get on well with a certain few of us ;) Cheers and enjoy

13. nagexia

nagexia New Member

Welcome HSV, always good to have another Holden man amongst us.
    The more reading you do, the less likely you are to waste money on unwanted gear.
    Or you can just ask Noe, he'll noe what you need to buy, he usually does !

14. usevanam

usevanam New Member

That's something we need to remember. There's probably a lurker who doesn't post for each one of us who does. There's probably 5 vapers who aren't online for every one of us who is. Only the very tip of the iceberg is represented in this online community. Last week, I met a man at my local shops who was vaping on an old scratched up battery, with some sort of gizmo atomiser on it. He told me he'd been vaping for two and a half years. He and his wife were switched on to vaping from someone in their community. He gets his nic from a friend in the community, and said that he'd converted around 100 smokers to vaping since he discovered it. I asked him whether he knew about the online community and he just looked at me blankly. He doesn't have a computer. Up until the time they discovered vaping, the man and his wife had been smoking 7 packs of tobacco cigarettes per day!

He had seen me puffing away on my provari, and comght up to me as I went back to my car, down this creepy laneway, and I got that feeling someone was following me. He sort of stuck his gear out at me as a greeting when i turned around to see who was following me. The big grin and the PV he was holding reassured me he didn't have any sort of malevolent intent. Funny how you can feel it when someone is following you, eh? Anyway, we had a lovely chat. He told me (with a real pride) that his son told him he could buy a new car every year with the money he saved from giving up the ciggies. That was my first experience out in public meeting a stranger who vaped. It's really exciting to be at this early stage of vaping, when we'll be able to remember the time where it was worthy of mentioning that you saw a stranger vaping. oh dear, I'm getting all ranty so I'm going to stop now.

15. The Clown Prince of Crime

The Clown Prince of Crime New Member

Provaris attrack creepy people.
    I loved the story when you told me :)

16. Beatle Susie

Beatle Susie New Member

Great story MrsG....No one ever follows me..Cept cops:(

17. Aperpolla

Aperpolla New Member

Thanks Old Dog. I did find Noes list after my first few orders, but I think I have done well and have plenty of spares should I get lazy and not order for a while. I started with an ego usb passthrough kit with some v2 stardusts. I then tried v3 stardusts and the draw was too tight, since then Ive got a few Novas, some commets, an F16 Boge tank and a few of the Kanga BCC. I like all of the bottom coil stuff and the Novas seem pretty reliable. Also bought a Vamo for home use (its too big and heavy for out and about). Loving it so far, and this has been my most successful attempt after trying Champix 3 times, patches, Allen Carrs Easy way to quit to name a few of my attempts. I do still forget most mornings that I Vape now and spend the first few minutes of the day looking for my pack of smokes before I remember I don't smoke anymore.
    Its a great community here and I'm so glad I found this place, it is literally a life saver.

18. ermy

ermy New Member

Sounds to me like you're off to a great start, the habit of looking for the smokes will take a while to disappear as will a lot of things ciggy related..After all it's something you've been doing for a long time. I smoked for 40+ years, tried everything and failed, now been smoke free since May 2010..Believe me it just gets better and better..I do feel I'd not be here typing at the moment if not for vaping, saved my sorry arse..Enjoy your new lease on life :)

19. dizzyjnry6041

dizzyjnry6041 New Member

Hi, my name is Lee and I'm from Victoria,comstralia.
    I'm 45 and realised I've been smoking for most of my life. I'm not a hardcore smoker (a pack a day, wake up to smoke..) but I smoke about 10+ rollies a day and a lot more on the weekend. I'd really like to quit. I don't try becomse I'm fearful that I won't know what to do with myself. My work and life is puncuated with cigarettes.
    I clicked on a link for ecigs that had been flashing in my peripheral vision for months. This lead me to investigate further. Shooting over to Youtube and other websites that sell and promote these electronic cigarettes.
    I've seen them before but only at the front counter of a $2 shop. I thought, like most things in a $2 shop, it'd be rubbish.
    But after more information, I reckon I might give it a crack.
    I really don't know where to start.
    I guess, from what I've learnt so far, any recomendations on the best starter kits, liquid flavours and best vaper volume would be very much appreciated.
    Cheers everybody!
    Lee