Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

NEW MEMBERS: Introduce yourself here!!!

Discussion in 'New Vapers Forum' started by bedi, Sep 27, 2015.

1. drip

drip New Member

hi I am mickg the love child of pottski from manchester, as you can see from my picture, nice to hear from you dad?

2. Ethiopian ruler

Ethiopian ruler New Member

Like father like son

3. nguyen5966

nguyen5966 New Member

RTS Vapes is good

4. baboli

baboli New Member

Hi guys, we are Esigarettanews, an Italian blog on the world of electronic cigarette! We hope not to have violated the Regulation introducing we here! We are three partners: a girl who takes care of video and two guys who run the platform and Articles.

Greetings to all

[​IMG]

5. nivyguity

nivyguity New Member

Gotta love the google translate button!

6. VikKing707

VikKing707 New Member

Hi all, I thought posting in here to introduce myself was a good excuse for
    a small, deserved break from my relentless uni assignments. I apologise in advance if my post is incoherent, sleep deprivation tends to make someone, psychotic...

My name's Chris and I live in a single bedroom 70's chic-esque run down apartment with my loving, supporting girlfriend and an annoying, wimpy, 'special', cross-eyed, greedy, smelly, misbehaving, malting hair bag of a cat (rant of the day) that somehow, for the life of me, i've grown attached to.

I first heard of 'e-cigs' back in 2009. A friend of mine with whom I was sharing an apartment with amongst many others (highly unsuggestable), told me about them, which back then they as far as i knew they were cheap cigarette look-alikes. This struck my interest as organic/bio chemistry is my passion and a more efficient, healthier route of administration, struck my interest. We were going to order one each but the plan never went into fruition. This was probably a good thing as I'm sure I would've been disappointed.

The e-cigarettes were always fresh in my mind but due to commiting myself to a pitiful excuse of an income for the forseeable future, and what I had read about the laws, I never did by one. I didn't want to spend what small amount of money I had on something that would be seized by customs and never reach my mailbox.

Flash forward to late 2011, and the uni has decided to prohibit smoking on campus grounds for 2012 (I'm suprised it took this long). So I thought I'm going to do it, I'm going to buy one. So I search google and my salvation and determining factor are these forums. I eventually get around to it when I get back to uni and the novelty of walking ten minutes for a 3 minute smoke wears off and gum just doesn't cut it. I look through threads and forums and see that the equipment can be purchased incomstralia. Even better, in my residing town. I look through and see that available PV's have evolved so much and that GH1 will guarantee delivery, so I take the plunge and buy the 31 assorted flavours (which is too close to baskin robbins advertisment for my liking), or as they call them 'favours' :D, from GH1 and an eGo-t starter kit and assorted cartomizers from vapebar, as well as an extremely overpriced bottle of 90mgml^-1 50ml nicotine solution. Initially, the variety and quantity of products was quite overwhelming, but if you ask me anything now I'll answer without hesitation (when something catches my interest it becomes an obsession. It's my downfall and redeeming characteristic). I anxiously awaited my parcels and would check tracking data pracically hourly. In retrospect, the 31 chinese flavours was a bad idea as all they do now is take up fridge space and precious 5ml bottles.

So I start vaping and love it, I smoked one cigarette on the night of my first day vaping after dinner, and then one two days after that and have not touched one since. I had occasional cravings and sometimes still do, but I could never go back. After a few days I got sick and tired of the eGo-t system as the mouthpieces would flood with juice, they were inconsistent, leaky and just too much maintenance. I ruined one atty as I hadn't quite grasped the idea of a dry burn and did one with the wick still in place. Carto's were good but they were too much hassle for me. I decided to buy a liquinator tank and purchased some stardusts while I waited for it to come. The stardusts were much better than the eGo setup and the liquinator was a step above and beyond that. I decided to by a lavatube mini as I want a provari and thought that it would be a good intermediate tube mod, and it is. I'm glad I did as the liquinator on a eGo battery looks like a textile spindle and just plain silly.

So now I'm using a mini LT with liquinator + EPM tanks and for the most part, I'm satisfied. My only issue is the current output of the LT as you can feel it dropping and won't go any higher after a certain point. The current limiter is much lower than advertised. I'd buy a Provari, but my Mrs would kill me becomse I've spent far too much money on vaping equipment already! Everytime I order something I get that look, and every time a parcel turns up It's the same, becomse according to her, there are too many to keep track of.

So now she uses my eGo batteries and stardusts and I'm glad she does, becomse she began smoking when she met me. I remember one time when she looked at me with a rollie hanging out of her mouth and a puppy eyed look on her face and I thought to myself, what have I done.

Since moving from the ego's to the LT and tanks It's amazing how many stares and questions I get. Everyone either thinks I'm doing drugs or will ask a hundred questions. The latter I do not mind, I hope many people begin vaping as it's clearly the future for smokers and will only comse lower prices and better products. I hope that tobacco only serves as a nicotine extraction material in the future and that some day I might contribute to the vaping community and produce an efficient synthesis method for nicotine and related alkaloids. I only hope this interest will not bring more negative attention to vaping from the government and anti-smoking groups.

I love that I have the nose of a blood hound, my fingers are no longer brown, my teeth are whitening, I no longer stink and I've now realised how badly I did stink, and A flight of stairs doesn't leave me gasping for air. It tastes great too!

Well I best get back to work, it's getting late, I have an assignment due tomorrow... I mean today... I hope I haven't rambled on too much and thank you for these forums and to everyone who contributes to them!

Happy Vaping!
    KritiKal

I probably shouldn't swear!

7. cahScoofe

cahScoofe New Member

nice post krit, I expect you will end up introducing more people to ecigs than most of us.
    The no smoking anywhere is really starting to get up my nose..

8. dumpling

dumpling New Member

Looks like a really great blog... if i could read Italian i would probably enjoy it more.

9. Egocentric Superman

Egocentric Superman New Member

I'll have to edit that post after I finally get some sleep, few things have comght my eye. One kind of works though.

too close to baskin robbins advertisment for my licking :p.

I've been trying to convert a few friends, some seem interested but are poorer than I, so probably won't for some time to come. Others thoroughly enjoy it but they wouldn't put the time and effort into it. They may buy a kit and play with it for a week or two then something will eventually break in one way or another most likely due to neglect or, they'll run out of liquid Then they'll go back to smoking just becomse it's easier.

10. kunerss

kunerss New Member

Hello Vaping community.

Dimo is the name (got it as a kid.) Just wanted to say hi to fellow vapers. And a big thanks to member chilli for supplying some of his batch to me to hold me over till my own arrives.

As a mechanic I'd smoke up to 2 packs a day. Depending on my stress level. And going out for coffee would see another 10-15 smokes. Really glad i found this alternative.

Just a checklist of some of the things i tried, Champix (1 day and i felt sick,) the little droplets you put on the filter, the quit smoking book, gum, toothpicks, cold turkey, rollies...

Anyways Ive attached an image of my "beginners setup"

View attachment 2114

11. The Pussycat Dolls

The Pussycat Dolls New Member

Hi Dimo,

Nice set up your have there :)

Welcome and good luck!

12. RiffGymmecy

RiffGymmecy New Member

Welcome mate, enjoy your stay and sorry to hear your from NSW, we all have our crosses to bare ;-)

13. danit-t <3

danit-t <3 New Member

Welcome. :)

14. deenuepat

deenuepat New Member

welcome to the community dimo..

15. olybgsg4d

olybgsg4d New Member

Welcome!!!

16. leelou

leelou New Member

Hi all.

My name's Doug.

I discovered e-cigs through a friend and got myself one, just for interest.
    I've used it at home at night in front of the keyboard since Oct last year, mainly becomse I chain smoke then and it wasn't unusual for me
    to go through 20 cigs in an evening.
    The Wed before the easter break I got up and went for the e-cig instead of an analog- first time I'd done that..
    so I threw my cigarettes in the bag and took the e-cig to work.....haven't touched a cigarette since!!!

I have to point out that I've smoked about 35 a day for 40 years and had absolutely no intention of giving up !!!

To say that I'm gobsmacked would be gross understatement but I don't want a cigarette any more (there is a packet on the desk now that hasn't been touched for over 2 weeks.)

Bonus is the extra money that always seems to be in my wallet now that I don't keep giving $50 notes to the tobacconist.....

17. Angry Grandma .

Angry Grandma . Member

Welcome aboard Doug and well done on the change over mate...Hope you enjoy our little den of smog and iniquity ;)

18. cannot_remember_chit

cannot_remember_chit New Member

Boomerang g'day Doug.

This vaping caper certainly sneaks up on you, today is the first cigarette free day for me, and as I had no intention of giving up either, I'm surprised too!

Congrats and welcome mate.

19. ShiningKnight

ShiningKnight New Member

Welcome Doug!

20. bigestpimpin

bigestpimpin New Member

g'day Doug, that's awesome you have been able to throw away the old darts like you have. I too never intended to give up completely, but now I think about it I reckon it was becomse I thought I couldn't.

Pretty amazing how the whole vaping thing works, still spins me out that I have no desire for a smoke, especially after being a pretty hard core smoker for way too long.