Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

NEW MEMBERS: Introduce yourself here!!!

Discussion in 'Vape Politics and Media' started by ATHEIST IS TRUTH!, Sep 23, 2015.

1. ws cell

ws cell New Member

aww shes gone, i was waiting for her to say "whats a pv?" lol

2. enforse

enforse New Member

probably she's thinking of a different "pv"(personal vibra....)...lol:rolleyes:

3. mynewnick

mynewnick New Member

Hi everyone. I'm as new as they get! Got my vaping starter kit today! I feel this is my last hope to quit smoking, as I've tried almost everything and failed. I've been labelled as 'highly physically addicted' to smoking. I'm really hoping to have success with vaping, as I'm only breaking the nicotine addiction and not the "smoking" addiction. I have a an electronic cigarette before that contained nicotine, but it didn't last long before I was back to smoking nasty cigarettes again. Any advice from others that were highly addicted smokers?

4. maximsyandext2407

maximsyandext2407 New Member

Hi KitKat and welcome. What starting kit did you get?

5. pittswifty9151

pittswifty9151 New Member

I think it is safe to say we were all highly addicted smokers, now we are vapers, most of us still use nocotine, nothing wrong with that, it definatly helps the ciggy cravings, then one day you wake up after vaping only for a few months and cigarettes don't even enter your mind any more :)

6. glinio

glinio New Member

I got the 510 T starter kit. Figured it was a good one to start off with, plus was one of the cheapest... incase I fail! :/ I think that's what I'm finding hard already... the nicotine withdrawls! Normally smoke between 25-30 a day (which was actually already cut back from my 50 pack a day about 6 months ago). Have only had about 7 cigs in the past 24 hours since receiving my 510T... hoping to reduce that to 5 cigs over the next 24 hours... but I'm struggling!!! I know from a previous quit, if I can get to a 5 day mark of having no cigarettes at all... I'll be fine! But I'm highly addicted to the habit of smoking, so really hoping have the vapor will help me get through this.

7. LEAH.

LEAH. New Member

Well vaping 0nic is on par with cold turkey, you will be simulating the act of smoking but you will still be withdrawing from the nicotine and other chemicals in cigarettes. If you are able to do that it is great and kudos to you. There have been a few vapers here who have sucessfully started vaping juice with nic in it then gradually cut down the mg's bit by bit until they are on 0nic. That is your other option if you find going cold turkey too hard. I am very interested to see if that works out for you though. And don't be too hard on yourself if you do have the occasional smoke, the nico demon is very cunning. Good luck :)

8. olgupetrov1522

olgupetrov1522 New Member

HI KitKit, have to agree with CCC comments most vapers were once heavily addicted to smoking. Well I know I was, would go stir crazy and get really cranky when attempting to give the cig's up.

Although Nicotine is well recognised as being highly addictive, I personally believe you need to separate the Nicotine component with the smoking habit. For me it was the smoking that I wanted to give up, get off the horrible smell, the high cost and the well researched health benefits of not smoking.
    I found by keeping the nicotine level in vaping allowed a much easier transition off the smokes and onto ecigs as it met my dependent and psychological needs. As a 30 per day man in the past for many years, I found the 18mg level a close substitute for the Nicotine craving.
    Since then, nearly a year ago I've slowly (and I mean slowly) reduced the nicotine level to become less dependant on that. I'm at 6mg nic juice now and to me it's the same as the 18mg felt 12 months ago and I don't feel as if I've had to give any thing up to achieve that drop.

Anyway, just wanted to share with you how I moved to vaping and that your not alone in the difficulties of getting past the first step, but how much easier you will find it once you've done it.

9. FinaiseeminnY

FinaiseeminnY New Member

Thanks CCC. Yes, I am having a few drags of a cig still before butting it out. Finding if I have a few puffs on the vapor first, it makes the cig taste rather horrible and is turning me off the taste. Funny that.. been a heavy menthol smoker for a total of 10 years. Is there a stockist in Oz (even QLD if possible) where I can buy nicotine juice from if need be? I bought from eVape and they only sell Nicotine free juice.

10. agelasfrances1952

agelasfrances1952 New Member

Haha... Yes Gregds... I'm trying not to be a cranky bitch as much as I can. Trying to make the habit of whenever I feel cranky to drink a glass of water (something I never drink) and a vape like there's no tomorrow! Lol

Having a 2yr old and 5yr old that have decided to fight like crazy today isn't exactly helping the whole cold turkey thing! :p

11. BlackHawk99

BlackHawk99 New Member

Unfortunatly no, nicotine in liquid form is not legal for resale in canada. However we are allowed to import it for personal use. So your only option is to order some from overseas and wait a week or two for it to arrive. I would reccomend starting on 18mg.

12. coissomma

coissomma New Member

13. sandra

sandra New Member

Thanks CCC. That's a bummer. Might have to get some cartridges for my old e-cig from the tobacconist in the meantime!

14. Char

Char New Member

Yeah i would make an order asap if you want the nic juice, did your tobacconist tell you the cartridges contain nicotine?

15. halloim

halloim New Member

I am a tad slow but being male that IS to be expected..... Welcome aboard and enjoy your stay :) Oh I do understand your "highly physically addicted" comment..... I am like that with blonde moments :-(

16. coisadefazer

coisadefazer New Member

Thank you! :) I thought I would just give a quick update... Yesterday was a struggle! Cranky and snappy like anything.. even lost it at hubby (oops)! :p But... only had 4 3/4 cigarettes yestereday! Surprisingly... this morning, I felt good. As of now, I've only had 1 cigarette total, but even put off those first few puffs this morning for more than half hour! Feeling extremely proud of myself. By now, I would've already had at least 10 cigarettes!! The vaping is truly helping (even more surprising, as I'm aware mine is 0mg nic)! I do find myself chain vaping though!! Thank goodness I have 2 510T's, so there's always one of them on charge! :/ Lol.

17. pakelika

pakelika New Member

Thats really great KitKit. Keep us posted on your progress, and don't be afraid to ask for help if you need it.

18. milcas

milcas New Member

Hi just joined this forum tonight.
    Been vaping since February. Using a 3ml tank on a 808 XL manual slimline battery. Have been using the juices from V4L, just ordered more juices from Pinkspotvapers, has anyone used their juices before?
    Looking forward to chatting with some canuks.
    M

19. CB#32

CB#32 New Member

Welcome Margie.

Haven't tried Pink Spot as I am happy where I am.

RC

20. Tired Old Man

Tired Old Man New Member