Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Mixing lessons????

Discussion in 'Vape DIY Juice / Recipes / Mixing' started by bubblegum11, Sep 7, 2015.

1. Angry Grandma .

Angry Grandma . Member

Just pondering the idea of whether some of the extraordinary mixologists here would be keen to capitalize on n00bs that want to learn about concentrates/Doublers/triplers/pg & vg levels/nic levels etc via a more hands on approach. Opportune time to try new flavours and devices also. Could approach vendors for samples etc

I'd pay to learn that's for sure. If it were my specialty if charge $50 per person per workshop.

2. Dick Tator

Dick Tator New Member

I think VapingCobra has something like that in the works.

3. Hieron516

Hieron516 New Member

Well lucky for those in the vicinity of Vaping Cobra lol. I was thinking something a little more underground lol.

Melbourne has the suckiest brick n mortar stores ive no hope gaining interest from them.

4. Angry Grandma .

Angry Grandma . Member

I'd teach you fifth but the airfares might be more than $50 each way :p

5. Swobiacobby

Swobiacobby New Member

If only someone would dedicate a couple of hours to drawing up some conversion tables.....how to weaken nic from 100mg to 48,36,24,18,12, etc etc

And another table to compare vendors nic prices, including shipping, broken down to price per ml. Prove we're getting ripped off by our trans-tasman brothers. lol.

Im bored enough, but hopeless at math etc.

6. yuhlyzx7g

yuhlyzx7g New Member

I really hope that this isn't the way things go. It probably is the way of the world though. As soon as something new pops up, there are those who want to profit from it. Look at cupcakes! People are paying upwards of $100 for a 2 hour workshop on how to make and decorate cupcakes. Cupcake shops popping up everywhere.
    I'm no expert, and would never claim to be, but I can mix a decent flavour that works for me and MrGruffy.
    I'm happy also to share what I know with anyone who's interested, but I wouldn't dream of charging anyone for it.
    If you want to get into mixing, you'll need some micro pipettes and a few dripper atties.
    I have some pipettes I bought from Perfumer's Apprentice which were very cheap, and work out to approximately 80 drops per mL.
    So if you want to learn how to mix something nice for yourself, get a few things which manipulate flavours - ethyl maltol, tart and sour (Lorann) or Citric acid, menthol, koolada, caramel sweetener, flash, etc etc.
    Best way to learn? Take something which tastes like poo and turn it into icecream, drop by drop. Once you've done that, you will have a greater understanding of how flavours work together, and how those basic flavour enhancers work with various solutions.

I really hate the idea that individuals would need to start running workshops for profit.. surely we can help each other without making money out of it?

7. michelle a

michelle a New Member

Yes everyone here has been very helpful so far, but my introduction to pvs was a f2f hands on demonstration, I personally would pay for such a tutorial. Perhaps im a minority though.

Im really only interested in making tobacco flavours.....do I need synthetic flavourings - and where would I get those?

8. Angerry

Angerry New Member

9. Wake n Bake Grl

Wake n Bake Grl New Member

Oh, id never seen anything like it!!!

10. dineneuse

dineneuse New Member

I use Filbert's online calculator for working out how to dilute my nic for mixing.

Link to the post here

11. Awamoub

Awamoub New Member

fifthflo, where abouts in vic are you?

12. mvdgpcsjaqvj

mvdgpcsjaqvj New Member

Melb eastern suburbs - near Mitcham

13. florin210

florin210 New Member

It is so valuable to have hands on or in person experience when they start vaping, as it becomes tedious going back and forwards via forum asking question after question especially when newbies are not sure what certain things are or the "slang" of vaping.

14. StandForce7

StandForce7 New Member

Damn, I would offer to help (no charge) but I live in the west. Werribee area. Unless you feel like a drive... ;)

15. henrixon

henrixon New Member

Just a thought , tis the Interwebs and all that , quite often in Google hangouts , we talk about and demonstrate "stuff"
    Hell we see mods from Romania and the UK half the time :D
    It wouldnt take much for interested parties to get together and share the love via webchat with vision in real time ?
    If one of the Master Mixers is willing to set up a time , they could hold Vaping Masterclass utilising the Hangouts :)
    That way peeps from all over the world let alone canuk could pop in ( limited to 10 at a time lol )

16. steeda22

steeda22 New Member

I don't yet own a car - I could borrow my housemates but I'm petrified of driving through Melbourne traffic ESP round all the trams!!! Thanks anyway!!!

17. Mrs. Nick Jonas <33

Mrs. Nick Jonas <33 New Member

I hear ya, MrsG, but it's all supply and demand. I am more than happy sharing any tiny bits of knowledge I have gained so far with people who so far don't have those bits of knowledge. For free too. Not an issue.

And it's all lovely when we can all help each other etc.

But..if people are wanting to be paying someone for the pleasure, I would be first in line to take their money and say TYVM. Hell, I might even go and teach people cupcake if they are lining up to pay that much.

There will always be people who get on the latest fad (like cupcakes) and pay huge amounts of $ just to say they can. They will then go on to the next fad when that comes along. I have a cousin who has done it all..pilates, folk art painting, yoga, Jumba, the list goes on. I haven't seen her for a while, but I bet she is doing cupcakes classes now. She only does it be.comse everyone is doing it dahling, not be.comse she has a particular interest in any of it.

Vaping classes would be a bit different though, and could be a genuine way for people to get into it. Be.comse not everybody has the time, patience or ability to do what we have all done. If someone could go along to a two hour lesson, and walk away from it with a basic kit, and the ability to maintain their juice levels etc, I believe they would walk away with more confidence. And maybe there would not be as many drop outs from vaping.

And the bottom line with classes..when people pay for something, they.comtomatically have a notion that be.comse they have paid, the info they are getting must be better than what is out there for free.

You can have two identical products, side by side. One free, the other costing some money. Guess which one is going to be seen as the more worthwhile one to have?

So there will always be people who will pay for what we see as freely available.

18. BennyGaff

BennyGaff New Member

It would be especially ideal for those who want to wean off altogether - construct a program reducing nic intake by 10% every 2 weeks, and teach people how to make the suitable adjustments fortnightly.

Personally I'm interested in the whole concentrates business.

19. Happy Happy

Happy Happy New Member

Sad to say but I've often found things like this tend to work better when people are paying for it. If someone paid for a class\help they're often far more likely to actually take it
    seriously and try to get the most out of it. Free classes can attract a lot of people who are only vaguely interested with no real intention of following it through.

This may apply more to randoms off the forums. Someone bothering to come here, sign up and post would probably be much less likely to be a time waster.

20. ategorov

ategorov New Member

Ideally a vendor would run it - we'd bring our own nic and they'd charge a fee and supply Doublers, bottles, syringes etc. but as I said Melbourne vendors suck - well soulblu and vapourtron are the only ones I know of, everyone knows soulblu are a ripoff and vapourtron haven't responded to my enquiry about products sent 3 weeks ago.

Idk but I'd definitely pay - while it's nice to get help for free I think if someone were to take the initiative more formal training would sell.