Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Kanger Subox Mini Starter Kit by KangerTech

Discussion in 'Vape Reviews' started by GamerLady, Mar 13, 2016.

1. GamerLady

GamerLady Member

Device:
    Kanger Subox Mini, Tesla Two Submod
    Juice:
    The Kanger Subox Mini Starter Kit by KangerTech was the first subohm rig that I bought. I picked it up from a bricks and mortar vape shop, and I don't regret it.
    Before I get too much into my review, let's take a look at what you get:
    • A 510 Delrin drip tip
    • 4.5ml subohmm tank with three different levels of airflow control
    • 1 - 0.5 Ohm atomizer head for direct lung inhale between 15W and 60W
    • 1 - 1.5 Ohm atomizer head for mouth-to-lung inhale between 10W to 26W
    • 1 RBA deck
    • 2 premade RBA coils
    • Japanese cotton to wick premade coils
    • Output of 0.3 Ohms and will fire up to 50W
    • USB cable
    • A cute little screwdriver with extra screws
    You need an 18650 battery, which is not included, for this. You can charge the battery by buying a battery charger for the 18650 battery, or you can charge it via USB cable. It has passthrough capability, which means that you can vape while charging it. I recommend buying two 18650 batteries and a decent charger in case you are traveling and don't have easy access to a USB port.

I personally disliked the prebuilt atomizer heads because they flooded on me, died quickly, and the taste seemed muted to me.

I think the Subox's strong point is it's RBA deck that allows me to use coils that I make and wick myself. It's really easy to change flavors and my coils last me a couple of months with heavy vaping. I liked to wick my coils with the Japanese cotton that came with the kit, but I am currently using Cotton Bacon to wick my coils.

The tank will allow you to switch to almost any 510-compatible drip tip, but I like the drip tip that comes with it. Unfortunately, the tank is bottom fill; which may be a bit of a pain to some, but I'm used to bottom-filling tanks.

There have been some complaints about the tank leaking; however, I found that ejuice condensation gets underneath the atomizer head or deck and comes out of the airholes. I clean my tank regularly by opening the airholes to the widest setting, unscrewing the atomizer head or RBA deck from the base, rinsing it out in hot water, and drying it.

I also personally have trouble vaping over 30W with the Subox because the tank and juice get to warm for me. It might be how I build my coils, but I'm not the only person to encounter this problem.

Overall, I think it's a great way for people who are interested in subohm vaping to get started. The kit comes with everything you need, and there's a ton of information online to help people if they run into problems. Even though I bought a Tesla Two unregulated mod, I love building coils for my tank, and I still use my Subox daily.