Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Is it weird or socially unacceptable that I prefer 0% nicotine ejuice?

Discussion in 'Vape Talk' started by Pablo Diaz, Feb 21, 2016.

1. Pablo Diaz

Pablo Diaz Member

Device:
    Vaporfi Platinum Pro
    Juice:
    Vaporfi afternoon delight
    I used to be a smoker, but I've recently found that my mind and body don't really care if I am using 0% ejuice options. This is a good thing, right? I mean, I totally get off on the flavor alone and I have no cravings for nicotine that I am aware of. I feel odd now haha, but I don't want to continue buying anything but 0% now.

What do you guys think? Is it weird to use 0% exclusively?

2. npatel2

npatel2 New Member

Device:
    Eiffel T1 165w
    Juice:
    Tiger Stripe from True Drips
    No not at all, you should actually be proud of yourself that you finally have been able to get down to zero nic, as that is the goal for most people who use ecigs as an alternative to smoking.

3. JerPostr98

JerPostr98 New Member

Device:
    PC
    Juice:
    VapeWild E-juice
    This definitely shouldn't be something you should be ashamed of! Most people aspire to get down to zero percent nicotine. I have some friends who vape with zero percent and they are not considered socially awkward for doing so in our group. You do you.

4. AboveTheSmoke

AboveTheSmoke Active Member

Device:
    Volcano All Day
    Juice:
    Lock Shock & Barrel
    Yes you dirty mudblood. How dare you defy our nicotine god? For shame child, for shame.

Seriously though, while your concern is natural, most smokers/vapers would prefer to be able to go 0%, so you're kind of a role model for a bunch of addicts. It's a nice feeling.

5. Lynk

Lynk Member

Device:
    Aspire Nautilis
    Juice:
    Mt. Baker Vapor Pineapple Peach
    Yeah this is a great thing! I'm trying to get down to 0% too! I am down to about 4% and I am craving it a lot less than I used to. Congrats to you! So you do use your vape throughout the day still or just now and then?

6. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Device:
    JAC vapour
    Juice:
    Real Tobacco
    I think 0% is the aim of everyone who used to smoke but as turned to vaping, so your certainly not alone in trying to do it.

At the moment I'm only a couple of months into vaping myself, and after being a smoker for a number of years I'm still struggling with trying to give up the cigarettes completely.

Steve Dawson likes this.
  7. Davienna

Davienna New Member

Device:
    E-cigarette
    Juice:
    Orange
    This is very good,, you are headed in a positive direction. Sooner than later yu will no longer want to even vape!

8. missvape

missvape Active Member

Device:
    Pen Type
    Juice:
    Milk Man
    I'm in the same boat as you, no nicotine in my juices. I think it's not weird at all nor socially unacceptable. You're actually the hero in this story. You're able to quit smoking cigarettes through vaping and what's more, you can do it without nicotine juice. Some vapers cannot even let go of the nicotine in their juices. It's not bad since the nicotine in cigarettes are worse and are in higher concentrations. Anyway, I think you've done well and I congratulate you on beating your nicotine addiction!

9. JenP

JenP New Member

Device:
    Apollo
    Juice:
    Menthol
    Good for you! Not weird at all. Now me, probably not. But that is the ultimate goal right? No niccotine. I think it is awesome, keep up the good work.

10. Morgan Wood

Morgan Wood New Member

Device:
    Kangertech Subox Mini
    Juice:
    Juishy Arctic Grape
    Vaping 0 nic is not a bad thing! I vape 0 nic sometimes, it's nice just for the flavor.

11. Ladyferoz

Ladyferoz Member

Device:
    Vape Master
    Juice:
    Mango Lassi
    My boyfriend used to smoke casually whenever he went out with friends, smoking is common when friends hang out together in China. I do not like the smell of smoke, so we compromised, whenever he feels the urge to smoke, he can vape instead and so far so good. I bought him nicotine free juices and he loves them, I also think they taste better compared to the ones with nicotine.

missvape likes this.
  12. Healey

Healey New Member

Device:
    E-Go
    Juice:
    Banana Flavored local brand
    Socially unacceptable is kind of a silly term for this hobby, I think. I don't think it's anyone else's business that you're using 0%, if anything it means you probably have more of an oral fixation than nicotine addiction- which is great in terms of being able to put down vaping. I'd be proud you're not tethered to either one of these issues that some are!

13. artyarson

artyarson Member

Device:
    e-cigarette
    Juice:
    cherry
    "If you think it matters = it matters"

To me, that's not weird. Don't let anyone judge you, man.

I'd say it's a sign of you taking care about yourself more than people usually do.

14. missvape

missvape Active Member

Device:
    Pen Type
    Juice:
    Milk Man
    I wish my husband can be like your boyfriend. He has tried vaping a few times before but he cannot get satisfied with it. We tried increasing the nicotine content but he still cannot feel satisfied. So right now, he still smokes but I urge him to vape sometimes. He obliges especially when it's night and he feels too lazy to go downstairs and smoke, lol. Hmmm...I don't know if he will like the nicotine free juices though, we've never tried it with him.

15. Mike Hannigan

Mike Hannigan Member

Device:
    T3S
    Juice:
    ViPS Mint Ice Tea
    You should feel great that you're vaping no nicotine juices. It's a great thing, one I am trying to get to. The only thing that I dislike about 0 nic is that you don't really feel the punch to the throat the nic juices offer.

16. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Device:
    JAC vapour
    Juice:
    Real Tobacco
    I'm kind of in the same boat aswell. I've been a smoker for over 20 years and recently started vaping to see if I can quit. At the moment, while I have cut down on the cigarettes drastically from around 20 a day to maybe 2, I'm still struggling to quit completely.

17. VirtualBusyBee

VirtualBusyBee Member

Device:
    Fuchai
    Juice:
    Finleys 7
    No it is not weird at all, you should be very proud of yourself. Smoker's become addicted to not only the nicotine, but also the oral fixation. If vaping with zero nicotine satisfies your oral fixation, than that is keeping you satisfied and that is excellent. You overcome a very big step, you should be celebrating!

18. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Device:
    JAC vapour
    Juice:
    Real Tobacco
    The nicotine is obviously the addictive substance in cigarettes in the first place, so bring able to vape with 0% nicotine I'd a sure sign that you've managed to break that habit.

Your vaping now because you enjoy it, and not because your body is craving the nicotine, so that's obviously a good thing.

19. rz3300

rz3300 Member

Device:
    Laptop
    Juice:
    Apple
    That is not weird at all and I would say good for you and keep going. It all comes down to personal taste, and I have gone with 0% before and I have to say that I really like the taste so for that reason alone I might consider it. It is my goal to make it to 0% all the way but I am still battling my own issues here so that might be some time.

20. walty

walty Guest

Considering that vaping isnt so naturally good for you, decreasing your nicotine level and using none at all is goos idea. If you need to vape then going 0 nicotine is probably the best way.