Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

I wanted to quit, but do not do so well .

Discussion in 'Vape Talk' started by ventus, Mar 12, 2016.

1. ventus

ventus New Member

Device:
    computer
    Juice:
    apple
    I smoke daily 3 cigarettes per day. i want to some body to help me. thankyou

2. Hedonologist

Hedonologist Member

Device:
    PC
    Juice:
    n/a
    Some say that it's easier to quit when you smoke lightly, but on the other hand even cutting out 1 cigarette per day is a 33% drop in one go. Personally I have found that if you quit cold turkey, when you finally give into cravings you will need less than you did before.

3. Acheno84

Acheno84 Member

Device:
    Ego pen
    Juice:
    Blueberry
    It's very hard to kick the habit for sure. I went from half to 3/4 pack a day. I picked up a vape pen and have cut down to 2 cigarettes a day. Today, I had 1 and half of one from yesterday. It gets easier in time.

4. Jack Benoit

Jack Benoit Member

Device:
    iTaste MVP 2.0 iClear 30
    Juice:
    Snake oil from Seduce Juice, pear/coconut/cream
    I еnjоy thе рhysiсаl асt аnd dоn't rеаlly think I'll lеt gо оf it. It саlms mе еvеn оutsidе оf thе niсоtinе аsресt. Thеn thеrе's thе rituаlistiс sidе оf rеbuilding. I'vе оnly bееn vарing fоr а yеаr аnd а hаlf but аt this роint in timе I dоn't rеаlly hаvе аny рlаns in quitting vарing. It hеlрs mе fосus аnd givеs mе аnоthеr thing tо dо nоwаdаys

5. artyarson

artyarson Member

Device:
    e-cigarette
    Juice:
    cherry
    Do you mean 3 packs or just three regular cigarettes? If the latter, you're probably one of the luckiest persons here, as your addiction level is very low.

6. Stopcigarettes

Stopcigarettes Member

Device:
    eGo-t
    Juice:
    RY4
    It happened to me, I stopped for a month and then stupidly asked a cousin of mine for a cigarette and got hooked again. The funny thing was that when I started again I smoked much less then I did before.

7. rz3300

rz3300 Member

Device:
    Laptop
    Juice:
    Apple
    When it comes to stopping smoking the good news is that there are so many resources and options out there that you can really plan ahead and make it easier on yourself. That said, we all know that it is a difficult feat and will not come without stress and anger and all of that, but it can be done. I would say do your research and look for resources that you think will help you keep that motivation to quit.

8. AboveTheSmoke

AboveTheSmoke Active Member

Device:
    Volcano All Day
    Juice:
    Lock Shock & Barrel
    The trick is simple! You add another 5 minutes at a time between cigarettes. So if you have 1 every 3 hours each day, you make it 3 hours and 5 minutes. Then 3 hours and 10. Then 3 hours and 15. Then 3 hours and 20.

Every day, you just separate the distance, push each cigarette farther from yesterday, and that makes you better at resisting the craving.

After 12 days, you'll be at 4 hours between cigarettes. Then 4 hours & 5 mins, eventually to 5 hours. By then, you have dramatically strengthened your ability to resist cravings and it becomes much easier.

9. Lynk

Lynk Member

Device:
    Aspire Nautilis
    Juice:
    Mt. Baker Vapor Pineapple Peach
    When I gave up cigarettes, I used an app on my phone that tracks how long you've been quit and a variety of health stats like what percent my risk of various health problems had decreased. I got down to one cigarette a day and kept resetting the app every day. It became powerfully frustrating for me and I started to feel like... just waiting for that one daily cigarette was torture! I finally knocked it off and have been vaping exclusively for a few years now (except a drunken occasion here or there). Honestly I felt like smoking one cigarette a day was harder than smoking none!

So... I don't know if this was helpful but you are getting so close! Keep trying, maybe try an app, or anything to reward or motivate you for not smoking! You can do it!

10. Steve Dawson

Steve Dawson Member

Device:
    Diamond Mist
    Juice:
    Blend & Bottle Blackcurrant and liquorice 12mg/ml nicotine
    I went from 20 cigarettes a day, for over 20 years, and managed to cut down to about 5 a day for the last year that I smoked. It was those last five that I really couldn't quit. That was when I tried vaping, one month after that I had given up cigarettes for good. I fully intend to give up nicotine as well because its so much easier to cut down little by little with a vape. If you havn't read it before, theres an excellent book called 'Allen Carrs easy way to give up smoking', its not very long, should take you a couple of hours to read and it may help, Allen Carr had a different approach to giving up smoking to many others who had written similar books and you should find reading it to be a very positive experience. Best of luck, and never give up trying to give up, you'll get there in the end.

11. Ladyferoz

Ladyferoz Member

Device:
    Vape Master
    Juice:
    Mango Lassi
    Great work man, keep remaining strong.
    To the original poster, there is an app my boyfriend used called Quit now. It also helps to be accountable somewhere online, join a group that is trying to quit smoking, it will help you achieve your goals. You can do it.

Attached Files:

Steve Dawson and AboveTheSmoke like this.
  12. AboveTheSmoke

AboveTheSmoke Active Member

Device:
    Volcano All Day
    Juice:
    Lock Shock & Barrel
    Wow @Ladyferoz amazing, never heard of that. I had a huge support circle which I always forget to mention, stuff like friends telling me they were so glad to see me beating the sticks, even though a lot of them are opposed to vaping too, it doesn't matter when they know you're headed in a better direction, especially when you could spend $500 on vape products and quit that too and still be better off for life

13. missvape

missvape Active Member

Device:
    Pen Type
    Juice:
    Milk Man
    Hmmm... There are some ways of quitting that has helped a lot of people:
    • Quit cold turkey. It just simply means you quit smoking. You won't be buying anymore and refrain from smoking even just one cigarette a day. Lots of people has had success quitting cold turkey. I think it might work for you if you just smoke 3 cigarettes a day.
    • Use of nicotine patches. Although not a guaranteed way, this has worked for 10% of people who have tried it.
    • Switch to vaping. You can use nicotine juice for the first few weeks and months and gradually lower that dose.
    Good luck!

Steve Dawson likes this.
  14. roger1003

roger1003 Member

Device:
    mini 60W Box Mod
    Juice:
    Pancake Man
    You can do it! You can quit smoking! You may switch to vaping then gradually lower the nicotine dose. I know it's hard because I've been through that. The key is for you to always try quitting. Even if you feel that there's no chance for you to be able to stop smoking, still, don't stop trying.

15. ZXD22

ZXD22 Member

Device:
    Joyetech Ego One
    Juice:
    Atmos watermelon
    Very hard to quit but it takes determination and gradual foot steps. Slowly decrease your smoking count then gradually vape along the way and hopefully the transition would be easier.

16. mauricioq

mauricioq New Member

Device:
    Pen Style
    Juice:
    Apple
    That's not much, so it's way easier to stop. Just throw away everything you got, and when you feel the need to smoke just distract yourself with some other things... It's all psychological

17. genevb

genevb Member

Device:
    VaporFI Rebel II
    Juice:
    Apple
    If you're at the point where you're smoking only 3 cigarettes per day, then just go cold turkey, it shouldn't affect your system as bad as if you smoked half a pack per day. Also if you can't you might want to look into Alan Carr's book, his story might help you, I know a lot of people who've been helped by that. I'm pretty sure you can find it on the internet so you won't have to pay any money for it, just read it and you'll change your whole view of cigarettes. Also apply the 4 months rule, after you quit if you ever want to try one again, just one more, tell yourself that you'll smoke everything you want after 4 months (that is the time the brain needs to rewire the damaged synapses). After 4 months I assure you that you won't want it anymore.

18. rajesh

rajesh Member

Device:
    MODs
    Juice:
    Gorilla Juice
    At first, you will experience many mental problems after you stop smoking. You will experience something known as 'Withdrawl Symptoms'. Again, don't be afraid of these symptoms. You need not to worry about the withdrawal symptoms because they are temporary. They will fade out over time. You can do it, You can quit smoking, my friend! :blush:

19. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Device:
    JAC vapour
    Juice:
    Real Tobacco
    As others have said, if your only smoking 3 cigarettes a day then you should be able to quit cold turkey, and your withdrawal symptoms won't be all that bad.

I'd still rather turn to vaping though if I was you because sometimes it's the quitting the final last few cigarettes that can be the hardest.

20. Okaviator

Okaviator Member

Device:
    Joyetech
    Juice:
    Lemon
    You will have to gradually quit smoking to switch over to vaping. Since you body is used to smoking, it won't be easy to switch over to vaping.