Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

I heard that Vaping is Bad for you?

Discussion in 'Vape Talk' started by John Lacy, Mar 6, 2016.

1. Steve Dawson

Steve Dawson Member

Device:
    Diamond Mist
    Juice:
    Blend & Bottle Blackcurrant and liquorice 12mg/ml nicotine
    I always find that strange, when Mobile/cell phones were first introduced I seem to remember reliable scientific research showing that mobile phone use 'cooked' peoples brains and then, when mobile/cell phone use really took off, and almost the entire World bought and began using mobile phones within the space of a decade the story seemed to just disappear. That could be due to safer technology being introduced since those early days but its quite hard to find any reliable information on the subject now. I always use a hands-free kit when making or taking calls anyway, its much safer that way.

2. oportosanto

oportosanto Member

Device:
    Vape Pen Endeavor
    Juice:
    Churrios
    That's the bottom line here, vaping is better than smoking and the majority of ex smokers knows that, that is why we have made the change. ;)

3. artyarson

artyarson Member

Device:
    e-cigarette
    Juice:
    cherry
    I got you perfectly. Yep, we are doing that stuff at our own discretions as (young) adults. So, the whole media concern is kind of out of place.

4. artyarson

artyarson Member

Device:
    e-cigarette
    Juice:
    cherry
    And I usually don't hold my phone anywhere close to my ear when waiting for an answer. I've heard it's the most dangerous moment of the whole conversation. Though, I'm not sure it's completely legit or valid. But I'm okay with that. The vibration usually lets me know when the other side is ready to talk.

5. artyarson

artyarson Member

Device:
    e-cigarette
    Juice:
    cherry
    I agree! Enough said.

6. missvape

missvape Active Member

Device:
    Pen Type
    Juice:
    Milk Man
    I would agree that vaping is definitely better than smoking. I have yet to find a valid study stating the harmful effects of vaping. And yet there are tons of articles and studies validating the harmful effects of smoking to our body as well as to passive secondhand smokers. But then, how come smoking is legal and more easily obtained? How come the better alternative is never seen in ads and promoted by the government as an alternative? And the answer is there right at our face. Because the tobacco companies are manipulating the government itself.

7. oportosanto

oportosanto Member

Device:
    Vape Pen Endeavor
    Juice:
    Churrios
    Well I cannot imagine the government attacking one of their income sources, meaning tobacco taxes. They make billions with it so it's on their best interest to stay still...

8. roger1003

roger1003 Member

Device:
    mini 60W Box Mod
    Juice:
    Pancake Man
    Vaping might be bad for us, but I know it's a lot safer and cheaper than smoking. Vaping is my way to transition to a non-smoking life. There's no reason to ban vaping, then smoking is still legal.

missvape likes this.
  9. missvape

missvape Active Member

Device:
    Pen Type
    Juice:
    Milk Man
    Yup, vaping is definitely the better choice. I wouldn't necessarily call it the lesser of two evils, because for me, it isn't evil at all. But you're right, it might still not be fully and completely good. But the fact remains that it is safer than smoking! And would you choose the one that can supposedly give you cancer or respiratory diseases? I hope more studies can be done to truly prove that vaping doesn't have any short or long-term health risks.

10. fizzybabe18

fizzybabe18 New Member

Device:
    Snow Wolf
    Juice:
    Southern Bread Pudding
    Of course inhaling a foreign substance into your lungs is bound to do some sort of damage. But, if you switched from cigarettes to vaping or are using vaping as a way to quit smoking, you are far better off. Cigarettes are riddles with poison and many carcinogens while vape juice hasn't has any conclusive data show that it is harmful.

11. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Device:
    JAC vapour
    Juice:
    Real Tobacco
    I don't think that anybody who vapes is going to try and turn round and say it's good for you, or even that in some way it isn't bad for you because we're all aware that it is.

The fact remains though, that it's better for us than smoking, but would people who are writing these negative articles prefer me to ditch the vaping and go back to the cigarettes again? They'llmore than likely say well we don't want you to do either, but that's just tough and its not going to happen. I've been smoking for that long, and tried to quit that many times and can't, that's why I've chosen to vape instead so out of the two options, I vape or I smoke cigarettes, what's the better choice?

Exactly, vaping is so they should just let us get on with it.

12. Acheno84

Acheno84 Member

Device:
    Ego pen
    Juice:
    Blueberry
    I truly believe the same thing about how tobacco companies are starting to feel it, which is why cigarette prices are on the rise again. The money I've saved already has paid off a good chunk of my debt, and to think that I could have been helping myself out both physically and financially for a long time now, but didn't. I've never heard of antifreeze in juices either. I mean, there are some strange chemicals in the K2 knock off stuff from what I've heard, but not the stuff you can get at any store.

13. ZXD22

ZXD22 Member

Device:
    Joyetech Ego One
    Juice:
    Atmos watermelon
    Vaping isn't as bad to you as cigarettes or chewing tobacco. I mean yes if you vape a lot it can be very bad for you, but too much of anything is bad anyhow. You must regulate everything if you want to live a healthy and dependable life style.

14. genevb

genevb Member

Device:
    VaporFI Rebel II
    Juice:
    Apple
    Vaping it definitely doesn't do good for you, at least not vaping nicotine. However, it's a lot better than to smoke the actual "thing", the cigarettes, looked at it from this perspective vaping is healthier, but I don't think someone ever said that vaping is a healthy thing and someone should do it on a daily basis. So the articles you read, might in fact be very true taking vaping alone, but when comparing it to cigarettes its false. We all chose vaping (at least so I believe) as a healthier alternative for nicotine intake to cigarettes, we don't vape because we believe it does us some good.

15. ejorman1010

ejorman1010 Member

Device:
    Tesla
    Juice:
    Johnson Creek
    I'm learning everything and anything is bad for you. You just have to decide which is less bad for you. Find the lesser of two evils and run with it.

16. ejorman1010

ejorman1010 Member

Device:
    Tesla
    Juice:
    Johnson Creek
    Tobacco companies will do anything to stay afloat. You have to be real careful about what studies you read and who are funding these studies. I wouldn't be surprised to see tobacco companies funding anti-vaping studies and research.

17. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Device:
    JAC vapour
    Juice:
    Real Tobacco
    I wouldn't put it past the tobacco companies to resort to under hand tactics like that either to be honest, as like you say it's all about making money for them.

It would only take one or two independent studies to prove that vaping is a lot healthier for you than smoking cigarettes and I think then we would see a sharp decrease in smokers as more and more people would make the switch to vaping.

18. Stopcigarettes

Stopcigarettes Member

Device:
    eGo-t
    Juice:
    RY4
    Exactly, it really comes to how you feel, if you feel healthier because of vaping instead of smoking, then why would you smoke. It's natural that vaping isn't the miracle cure but it's far better for you then smoking.

19. divinemaredi

divinemaredi Member

Device:
    eGo-type
    Juice:
    PG
    Although not anything is perfect, I reckon vaping is not that much of a negative impact towards the human body, especially considering what smoking can do to you!

20. AboveTheSmoke

AboveTheSmoke Active Member

Device:
    Volcano All Day
    Juice:
    Lock Shock & Barrel
    When it comes down to it, if someone is struggling to quit, vaping will make it easier. People don't give that aspect enough credit, it is just this criticized thing. But it's a magnificent tool when used properly for even the hardest case nicotine addict, great way to save money, etc. "Bad for you" is too broad, it depends on how you're using it.