Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

How concentrated is 24 mg of Nicotine in 1 ml Fluid? Can I concentrate it?

Discussion in 'Vape Modding and Technical' started by cs_player, Aug 29, 2015.

1. cs_player

cs_player New Member

I have a 5ml bottle whose contents are 24 mg of nicotine per 1 ml fluid (50% water, 25% propylene glycol, 25% glycerol). How can I determine how much nicotine, as a percent, makes up each ml?

Also is there a way I can safely concentrate it so that I can get more nicotine per puff? Perhaps boiling a tiny bit of fluid away? Will the nicotine evaporate away with it? Will any of the other chemicals be altered by heating it and make something potentially poisonous?

2. Dipielay

Dipielay New Member

I'd just buy some stronger juice. Maybe some 36mg ? use the lighter stuff for late at night

3. Crydayhah

Crydayhah New Member

For custom mixing you can refer to this:
    http://www.todmuller.com/ejuice/ejuice.php

24mg is pretty high - how many analogs were you smoking a day?

I'd recommend NOT trying any of the hocus-focus you mentioned. Nicotine is cheap enough, just import some 48/60/100mg juice and use the calculator to mix down.

4. zoeynow44

zoeynow44 New Member

Thank you for your input.

Why are you saying 24 mg is pretty high, I used to smoke 40 analogues daily and still feel the need for more since I switched to e cigs.

5. abobbypetrovay878

abobbypetrovay878 New Member

If you "boil" it, you're effectively vaping it, so the nic will go with the rest.

There are plenty of ways to dilute it, but I cant think of any method to concentrate it.

6. letterstoheather

letterstoheather New Member

24mg is rather towards the upper end. Middle of the road vaper is probably somewhere around 12-20 mg... Light being 0-11 and heavy being 21-36mg+ (just as a vague guide)

at 40 smokes a day you may very well need 36mg nic, however everyone is different.

another option...Have you tried low resistance atomisers / cartos. The vapour is warmer and they tend to give you more kick in the back of the throat

7. Datchate

Datchate New Member

Nobody smoked more ciggies a day than me, = a 50gram packet of Drum each & every day.
    If roll your own ciggies last three times longer tailor mades, that equates to 150 analogues daily.
    I started vapeing on 24mg juice, my second juice order was only 16mg to see if I could drop the nicotine content.
    For the last eleven months I've been on 16mg and haven't even felt like smoking an analogue.

8. Elektra M

Elektra M New Member

I used to smoke 40-50 rollies a day and found I was chaining on 24 so I went to 36. Dropped from about 9-10ml per day to 3-4 and its been stable ever since.

Strokes for folks, but if you're struggling on 24 there's no good reason to switch up for a few days to see if it sorts the problem.

9. roroperez

roroperez New Member

24mg/ml equates to 2.4% of the liquid. I don't know of any method to concentrate the liquid.

For me, I would use 5ml of liquid in 1.5 days so I think you may be expending a great deal of effort on something that is of a very short term benefit. As the others have said, buy some higher nic juice if you think you need it.

I started on 26mg then went to 18mg after a few months but am currently bouncing between 22mg & 18mg as I decide. On the analogues I was smoking 35 Dunhill Blue/day and had done so for 40 years. Been clear of the analogues since 3 May 2010 using my method.

Cheers.

10. ArTeMiSs

ArTeMiSs New Member

I was wondering how you deduced it was 50% water ? I can't imagine it would vape very well as the water holds the atty heater at 100C and the PG needs more like 170 to evaporate.
    5ml .. throw it in the bin. Not worth the hassle to think about.