Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Has anyone started vaping that never smoked cigarettes?

Discussion in 'Vape Talk' started by tess82, Mar 20, 2016.

1. tess82

tess82 New Member

Device:
    Nautilis Mini
    Juice:
    VaporFi Reserve Moroccan Gold
    I often wonder when I see certain people vaping if they have ever even tried a cigarette in their life or if they picked up vaping just to be cool. I can't imagine why anyone would start vaping that hasn't smoked. It seems kind of pointless to me. Just curious if anyone has done this and if so why.

2. lexinonomous

lexinonomous New Member

Device:
    box mod
    Juice:
    anything with fruit
    I don't think that everyone picking up on vaping that has never smoked prior is doing it to be cool. Some people try it out and enjoy it, just like people pick up on cigarette habits. I think the whole point of picking up a vaping habit is due to the enjoyment of nicotine. It's not very pointless if you enjoy the feeling that nicotine gives you. This is why cigarettes are so addicting in the first place. I didn't choose to vape in order to quit smoking. I simply tried it out and preferred it over smoking cigarettes.

3. Geeka

Geeka New Member

Device:
    eGo ONE
    Juice:
    Apple
    I couldn't imagine that either. And I certainly hope no one would do that just to be cool. How extremely bizarre that would be?! That would just be very mighty strange if anyone were to do that. I can't think of anything more mind-blowing than this.

4. Stopcigarettes

Stopcigarettes Member

Device:
    eGo-t
    Juice:
    RY4
    The main difference is that while all cigarettes have nicotine not all the juices do. So if someone is going to start vaping I hope they do it with nicotine free juice.

5. missvape

missvape Active Member

Device:
    Pen Type
    Juice:
    Milk Man
    Not me but I know someone who started vaping as to be part of a group. Anyway, prior to vaping, he didn't smoke although he did drank alcohol even back then. I guess he really wanted to be a part of that group and he had no choice. Up to now, he still vapes and I don't know if it's because of that group still or he has taken it as a habit. To be honest, it was through him that I learned about vaping since my husband told his story to me. And that's why I got curious with vaping, thanks to him. Lol.

6. ZXD22

ZXD22 Member

Device:
    Joyetech Ego One
    Juice:
    Atmos watermelon
    My friend did. He told me he was pressured by his friends to vaping rather than smoking cigarettes and that was how he got hooked into the world of vaping. I consider it much more safer than smoking cigarettes so I give him credit.

7. nergaahl

nergaahl New Member

Device:
    eGo
    Juice:
    Kiwi juice
    I had this classmate in middle school, a girl whose uncle owned a vaper shop. On her 14th birthday, her mother offered her an e-cig as a gift, given the fact that she had never smoked before. She used to bring it to school, until one of the teachers caught her and confiscated the cigarette. They saw it as a "mature toy", and I don't know why would anyone think that a vaper is suitable for a 14-years-old, but each to their own. Needless to say, the girl started smoking one year after.

8. roger1003

roger1003 Member

Device:
    mini 60W Box Mod
    Juice:
    Pancake Man
    I don't know anyone who vapes without being a smoker first. I do agree that it makes no sense. However, if in case someone does, I hope he starts with 0 nicotine.