Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

[GUIDE] So you want a Starter Kit

Discussion in 'New Vapers Forum' started by Aimee, Sep 19, 2015.

1. AlegeNerPlult

AlegeNerPlult New Member

2. AR8151

AR8151 New Member

F*ck me $150 for a shithouse cig-a-like, don't buy from that guy dude, giant rip off to say the least...Heaps of vendors on here will sell you better gear, give you better advise and will cost you less money.

3. cumcunt

cumcunt New Member

Thanks guys. D'oh! It sounds like I have to go back to the drawing board. :(
    There's just so many device options + replacement heating coils etc, and then where to get nic and liquids without too much faffing about or running risks with getting it through customs etc. I think I can get the device right. Is there somewhere recommended where I can buy pre-mixed liquids so all I have to do is put it in and vape it?

4. Bloodrush

Bloodrush New Member

Try The Vape Shop NZ; The Vape Shop NZ | E-LIQUID | VAPING SUPPLIES | ELECTRONIC CIGARETTES for high end juice, a bit pricy but very convenient and easy. Plus Michael is a good guy and will look after you.

Otherwise a reasonably priced good quality US vendor is Good Life Vapor; Good Life Vapor Their prices are good but the exchange rate is not so good at the moment, so it may not be much cheaper than the NZ shop above. Good, strong, straightforward flavours though. I always get the expensive shipping becomse I'm impatient and it usually takes between 5-10 days.

Have a look at the Juice section and the vendor sections of the forum for other recommendations as well.

Good luck. :)

5. Peargohag

Peargohag New Member

6. geeko

geeko New Member

House of Vape site looks really good for me. I understand the tobacco flavours and they seem to be a one stop shop for me for hardware as well, all except for nic. I assume "ready to vape" option in their juices means I don't have to add anything else apart from nic? So I still have to find that and work out how much to add... Any pointers there?

The Vape Shop sure have some weird flavours I'm not sure I want to take a risk on first up. Prefer something that emulates a cigar or strong cigarette and save the experimenting for down the track. ;) Their pre-mixed options might be the go but they only seem to go up to 18mg which may or may not be enough, which makes adding my own nic to a base juice desirable, but they seem to be out of stock of nic with no ETA.

Good Life Vaper have a few tobacco flavours I might take a risk on and can be ordered with up to 24mg. Could be the go to get me started, until Vape Shop get their nic out of customs then I can try some of their juices, as well as from HOV when I need more coils or a second battery or tank etc.

7. maxiustop6933

maxiustop6933 New Member

Where do you live.
    Please fill out your location.

8. Tornadom

Tornadom New Member

North Brisbane. The home of "To report the sale or possession of electronic cigarettes containing liquid nicotine, call 13 QGOV (13 74 68)". :(

9. Cracker Jack

Cracker Jack New Member

Ready to Vape is a bit confusing? I might be wrong but I think it's only for people who don't use nicotine? Not sure about that one so can't really help you.

First up, if you think you are going to get a vape juice that tastes like tobacco you will be very disappointed. The base of e-juice is sweet, and the tobacco/cigar flavours are mostly artificial so they don't really taste like a cigarette at all. I don't want you to get your hopes up. This is why people move on to other flavours after a while, or else they go searching for a really good naturally extracted tobacco juice (like the El Toro range at House of Liquid in the UK and others).

The strength of nicotine you need will mostly depend on how much you smoked combined with the type of gear you choose. If you buy sub-ohm gear 18mg will be more than enough. It might be enough anyway if you were a moderate smoker. I smoked a lot and found 18mg too strong for me right from the start. So don't discount 18mg juice cuz I think it will more than likely work for you.

Good idea. El Kamino is a pretty popular tobacco flavour of theirs. :)

10. Your Next Ex Wife

Your Next Ex Wife New Member

I just got my Goodlife ejuice (awesome turnaround from the USA in just 10 days from when I ordered), tried my first vape (English Bulldog 24mg) and was bowled over by the strength. Coughed like crazy! This is totally going to work. I might even have to dial it down a little. The taste is awesome too! Like tobacco but with a sweet taste.
    Had a little trouble getting the comtilus tank open but got it eventually.
    Thanks everyone for your advice! I think we have a win. :)

Edit: Shout out to House of Vape as well. My Aspire Premium Starter Kit arrived within a day or two of ordering. Pity these guys can't do nic as well!

11. JenP

JenP New Member

Device:
    Apollo
    Juice:
    Menthol
    Who knew finding a Vape kit would be so confusing lol. I thought you got the device and put the juice in and smoked it. The more I read about it, it seems so complicated.

12. Pablo Diaz

Pablo Diaz Member

Device:
    Vaporfi Platinum Pro
    Juice:
    Vaporfi afternoon delight
    Nice guide man, I love that you included the custom starter kits - as not all newbies are willing to do all that research on custom kits and would rather just buy a prepackaged kit. I hope most people start vaping and don't get lost with all the info, models, kits, tanks, everything available. Thanks for your contribution!

13. MiMi

MiMi New Member

Device:
    e-bull
    Juice:
    mint
    Wow nice!!! This is seriously detailed. Thank you.

14. Ladyferoz

Ladyferoz Member

Device:
    Vape Master
    Juice:
    Mango Lassi
    You can buy it from a health food store, or a Walmart nearby. It normally says 100% food grade glycerine. You can normally find it in the beauty care aisle.

15. LKami

LKami New Member

Device:
    JAC 510
    Juice:
    Raspberry Jazz
    I was looking for something like this! Thank you very much. I'm just about to begin with vaping, after being a long time smoker, so I am trying to absorb any info I can get.

I hope it will help with my smoking addiction, since I'm starting to see&feel some consequences.

16. OkeyDokeySmokey

OkeyDokeySmokey New Member

Device:
    Vuse
    Juice:
    Cinnamon
    I had no idea there was so much to choose from when vaping. I have kinda got my eye on this one and wondered if it would be suitable for a beginner? It just looks like it would be compact and easy to take places with me and the red one is to die for! lol

https://vaporhq.com/kangertech-topbox-mini-starter-kit

17. GamerLady

GamerLady Member

Device:
    Kanger Subox Mini, Tesla Two Submod
    Juice:
    The Kanger Subox mini starter kit was my first venture into subohm and rebuildable atomizers. I have since bought a Tesla TWO with a Vortek tank, but I still love my Subox! I know that the Subox and the Topbox are different: the Topbox can go up to 75 watts, supports temperature control, has dual airflow adjustment, and comes with a top-fill tank while the Subox can go up to 50 watts, does not support temperature control, has airflow control on the bottom only, and the tank is a bottom-fill tank; however, it's appearance, RBA deck, and ease of use seem similar to the Subox. Based on my experience with the Subox, I am pretty confident that the Topbox is another good intro to subohming for beginners.

It sounds like you are new to subohming, so there are a few things that you need to know about subohming before you jump into it. Here is a guide that I found helpful when I was making the decision to "subohm or not to subohm:" https://www.misthub.com/blog/tutorial-guide-sub-ohm-vaping/

I also found a video on YouTube that shows the Topbox being taken out of the box, provides a few explanations on how to get started with it, and shows you how to build coils for it.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. I'm not an expert, but I've learned a few things that can make the transition to subohming a little less intimidating.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2016
  18. SCSullivan

SCSullivan New Member

Device:
    kik
    Juice:
    coconut
    Maybe this isn't the correct place to ask this question, but couldn't find anywhere else - is there a sticky post somewhere that explains what all the basic terms are such as tanks, coils, mah etc? I'm new to vaping and would find this extremely useful to understand where I should start. I have a basic kit atm, but still learning how it all works, and interested in knowing if there is another more suitable, but still unsure what all the lingo is about.

GamerLady likes this.
  19. GamerLady

GamerLady Member

Device:
    Kanger Subox Mini, Tesla Two Submod
    Juice:
    I found this website that would be a good start for you, I think. http://www.ecigarettedirect.co.uk/a...tte-college-guides-tutorials-information.html

It has all kinds of information, and should give you some information about the "lingo." If you have any questions, feel free to post them on here; we have a pretty good group of people who are more than willing to answer any questions.

20. Acheno84

Acheno84 Member

Device:
    Ego pen
    Juice:
    Blueberry
    Well, this was just what I needed to read. I am looking to get a good starter kit, but not sure what I need. this list definitely helps me out a lot. It all seems so confusing at first. So many types of tanks, coils, no coils, etc. I'll get used to the lingo soon enough! Thanks for doing the research for people like me who need a little assistance :)