Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

[GUIDE] So you want a Starter Kit

Discussion in 'New Vapers Forum' started by Aimee, Sep 19, 2015.

1. Aimee

Aimee New Member

STARTER KITS - Updated: 29/01/2015
    Beginner / Entry Level hardware for people trying to make the change

Disclaimer: I am in no way affiliated or connected to any of the vendors listed below! All of this information is subject to personal opinion.

Here I'll be posting a list of some pre-packaged Starter Kits from various vendors. I will also list some pick and choose starter kits (non pre-packaged kits).
    This will be focused on Hardware and NOT eliquids

Firstly you will need to work out your BUDGET. Many people will go for the cheapest kit first, Though the issue with this is you are not making the most of what is out there and you will most likely become frustrated and relapse back onto the cigs. You are best to go for something a bit more pricey but you WILL have a better chance of staying off the cigs.

I will be posting more information and LINKS on these devices in the following posts after this one

PRE-Packaged Starter Kits:
    Most pre-packaged starter kits will come with 2x Batteries and 2x Tanks at the mid to high price tiers

Low Price Bracket - Sub $40 - Note As a beginner I wouldn’t recommend these unless tight budget
    VK Discovery Starter Kit - $29.95
    HOV Lady Q Kit - $34.95
    HOV Lady K Kit - $34.95
    HOV Beginner Kit - $39.95

Mid Price Bracket - $40-65
    VK Basics Starter Kit - $49.95 (Pros: BVCoil Cons: 650mah batts - opt to get 900mah batts)
    EYES KangerTech EMow Starter Kit - $49.95 (Pros: 5x replacement coils, 1300mah batt - Cons: Coils are subjective, price only includes 1 batt 1 tank)
    EYES KangerTech EVod Starter Kit - $49.95 (Pros: 5x replacement coils - Cons: 650mah batts, Coils are a little outdated)
    TVC KangerTech EVod Starter Kit - $55 (Pros: 7x replacement coils - Cons: 650mah batts, Coils are a little outdated)
    VST KangerTech EVod Starter Kit - $38.99 (Pros: 5x replacement coils - Cons: 650mah batts, Coils are a little outdated)
    VST KangerTech EMus Starter Kit - $41.99 (Pros: 5x replacement coils - Cons: 550mah batts, Coils are a little outdated)
    HOV Supreme Kit - $64.95 (Pros: - Cons: 650mah batts, BCCoil)

High Price Bracket - $65+ If you're looking at this price range might want to look at below custom starter kits!
    VK Premium Starter kit - $69.95 (Pros: BVCoil Cons: 650mah batts)
    VK Deluxe Starter kit - $79.95 (Pros: BVCoil, 1300mah batts Cons: -) Recommended
    HOV Premium Kit - $74.95 (Pros: 1100mah batts Cons: BCCoil)
    HOV Deluxe Kit - $79.95 (Pros: 1300mah batts Cons: BCCoil)
    VPHA ISTICK K1 STARTER KIT - $75 (Pros: 2x Tanks, BVCoil, 2200mah battery, Pass-through, 20w Cons: Gen1 iStick with weak threads)
    VPHA JOYETECH EGRIP - $69.95 (Pros: Variable Wattage VW, 20w, Pass-through, Discrete design, 1500mah battery Cons: limited flexibility: Cant use different tanks, CS Coil*subjective)
    STM Aspire Starter Kit - $65 (Pros: BVCoil, 5 reaplcement coils Cons: No screen on battery, 900mah battery, Tank is subjective for the price)
    STM Aspire Premium Starter Kit - $84.95 (Pros: Great tank, BVCoil, 5 replacement coil, 1000mah battery Cons: No screen on the battery)
    TVC Aspire Premium Kit - $75 (Pros: comtilus mini Tank, 5 replacement coils, BVCoil - Cons: Single battery and tank for the price)
    VST Aspire Premium Kit - $74.99 (Pros: comtilus mini Tank, 5 replacement coils, BVCoil - Cons: Single battery and tank for the price)

VK = Vapeking, HOV = House of Vape, VPHA = Vaphilia, STM = Steamecigs, TVC = TheVaperCaper, VST = VapeStreet, EYES = Vapoureyes

Custom Starter kits (Not Pre-packaged)

With these Packages I’m basically going to list three tanks to pick from, If any other members think of some good tanks I will list them here but so far I’m going to recommend just THREE.

Tank #1: Aspire comtilus (BVC; Bottom Verticle Coil) Aprx $30-35
    - This is a 5ml tank
    Tank #2: Aspire comtilus Mini (BVC; Bottom Verticle Coil) Aprx $30-35
    - This is a 2ml tank
    Tank #3: Beyond Vape Silo Tank (BVC; Bottom Verticle Coil) Aprx $35-45
    - This is a 5ml tank, This tank also uses the Aspire BVCoil's (same as the two tanks above), Has a larger Airhole compared to above tanks
    Replacement Coils: Aspire BVC Aprx $3 each
    NOTE: These three tank share the same BVCoil so you can buy both and use the same coils.

Package #1
    Battery/Mod: Eleaf istick 30w Aprx $50-60
    Recommended Tank: Tank #1,3 comtilus
    Pros: Large battery capacity 2200mah, Battery has pass-through so you can vape while charging via Micro USB, Tiny box mod fits in the palm of your hand very discrete, Ego adapter
    Cons: Charging Port on the bottom so have to lay down flat, iStick Possibly still uses PWM-Mean
    Overall: This device is small and discrete while using the highly recommended Aspire Tanks with the BVCoils which offer great flavour and vape. The battery lasts a long time and has a great form factor to it. Becomse this device can now go up to 30w and has the ability to go down to 0.4ohms it gives the ability to grow with the user over time unlike other pre-packaged mods which has the user throwing them out over time to upgrade.

Package #2
    Battery/Mod: Innokin iTaste CLK 1280 Aprx $30-35
    Recommended Tank: Tank #2 comtilus Mini
    Pros: Large 1280mah battery, Variable Voltage 3.5v to 5v, 510 and Ego compatible, Pass-through function can use while charging
    Cons: Charging port up the top near the buttons,
    Overall: Decent stick mod if you don’t mind the size has a decent size battery for beginners and it allows the user to change their voltage on the fly to their liking

Package #3
    Battery/Mod: Vision Spinner EGO VV Aprx $25-30
    Pros: 1300mah battery, slim design, Variable Voltage allowing you to change the voltage on the fly to your liking
    Cons: No passthrough so you cannot use it while charging which means you will want to have TWO of these to use one while the other is charging.
    Overall: Nice large battery with the VV and slim design fits nicely in your pocket, Though due to it not having pass-through and thereby needing TWO of these It may not be the best option for most.

Package #4
    Battery/Mod: Vision Spinner 2 EGO VV Aprx $25-30
    NOTE: This battery is a refreshed version of Package #3 with a larger battery and a few minor PCB changes.
    Pros: 1600mah battery, slim design, Variable Voltage allowing you to change the voltage on the fly to your liking
    Cons: No passthrough so you cannot use it while charging which means you will want to have TWO of these to use one while the other is charging.
    Overall: Nice large battery with the VV and slim design fits nicely in your pocket, Though due to it not having pass-through and thereby needing TWO of these It may not be the best option for most.

EDIT: I have put the Notes and Links in a separate post due to character limits.

2. amojeds

amojeds New Member

3. ftehgh

ftehgh New Member

Cheers will add them to the list in a bit!

4. arjay7419

arjay7419 New Member

Notes and Links will be in this post

Updates:
    [29/01/15]Added some start kits from Vapoureyes, TheVaperCaper and Vapestreet
    [27/01/15]Added Beyond Vape Silo tank to the pick and part starter kit, added vendor links for the Silo tank
    [16/01/15]Added House of Vape iStick 30w link
    [15/01/15]Added EcigModShop links for some hardware down below. Added Steamecigs starter kits to the list. Added warning for the Two types of BVCoil's for Aspire Products in NOTES section

Notes --
    1. Reason for the refreshed 30w over the 20w is due to better quality parts ie: threads and spring loaded pin
    2. Difference between the comtilus and the Mini is basically size of the tank 5ml compared to 2ml
    3. It is completely up to you if you wish to purchase 2 tanks or 1 tank
    4. Please be aware that the Aspire comtilus and comtilus Mini use this BVCoil
    5. Please be aware that the Aspire; eGo, ET-S, Mini Nova, Maxi Nova and K1 use this BVCoil It is different to the comtilus and comtilus mini BVCoil!
    6. The Beyond Vape SILO tank uses the same BVCoil's as the Aspire comtilus and comtilus MINI

Vendor links --
    Eleaf iStick 30w:
    VapeKing - iStick 30W Sub Ohm Box Mod Kit | VapeKing
    House of Vape - Eleaf iStick 30WATT MOD | House of Vape
    EcigModShop - 30W Eleaf iStick 2200mAh OLED Screen MOD Battery- Black | eCigModShop
    comtilus:
    Vapeking - Genuine Aspire comtilus Adjustable Airflow Tank
    House of Vape - Aspire comtilus Adjustable Airflow Tank With BVC Coils | House of Vape
    Vaphilia - Aspire comtilus, Clearomiser, Electronic Cigarettes, Melbourne
    comtilus Mini:
    Vapeking - Aspire comtilus MINI BVC Clearomizer Kit | VapeKing
    House of Vape - Aspire comtilus Mini BVC Tank | House of Vape
    Vaphilia - Mini comtilus - Vaphilia
    BVCoil for Aspire comtilus & comtilus Mini:
    Vapeking - Aspire comtilus/Mini BVC ( Bottom Vertical Coil) | VapeKing
    House of Vape - Aspire comtilus/Mini BVC Bottom Vertical Coil | House of Vape
    Vaphilia - comtilus BVC (Single Vertical Coil) - Vaphilia
    BVCoil for Aspire eGo, ET-S, Mini Nova, Maxi Nova and K1:
    Vapeking - Genuine Aspire Bottom Vertical Coil (BVC Replacement Coil) | VapeKing
    Innokin iTaste CLK 1280
    Vapeking - Innokin iTaste CLK 1280 Express Kit | VapeKing
    EcigModShop - Innokin iTaste CLK 1280 Express Kit- Silver | eCigModShop
    Vision Spinner EGO VV
    Vapeking - VISION 1300mAH Spinner EGO VV - FATBOY
    House of Vape - Vision Spinner 1300mAh FATBOY | House of Vape
    EcigModShop - Vision Spinner ego Variable Voltage Battery – 900mAh- Silver | eCigModShop
    Vision Spinner 2 EGO VV
    House of Vape - Vision Spinner 2 1600mAh Battery | House of Vape
    EcigModShop - Vision Spinner 2 eGo Variable Voltage Battery – 1600mAh- Black | eCigModShop

Beyond Vape SILO Tank
    House of Vape - http://houseofvape.comcom/vape/clearomizer-tanks/silo-tank-kit-by-beyond-vape/
    Vaphilia - http://vaphilia.comcom/silo-tank-kit-beyond-vape/

If anyone knows of any othercomssie vendors to put up in these lists please post below and I will add them!

5. LoNely GirL~

LoNely GirL~ New Member

Added the Silo tank to the thread, mainly becomse a lot of people recommend it as well as it having a larger airhole compared to the comtilus family and it also can use the same BVCoil's as the comtilus family

Any other vendors or people on the forum know of any other starter kits to add to the list or any other recommended mods for starters in the pick and part kits?

6. fpfnmjz4a

fpfnmjz4a New Member

Top shelf work here Nate ... I think Stickage is in order :D
    ( i.e. you will now find it stuck at the top of the New Vapers Forum)

7. I FANCY YOU :) and VOTTO

I FANCY YOU :) and VOTTO New Member

8. Britney

Britney New Member

Thank you soooo much for this list. As a very new vaper it is uber helpful!!

9. Angie G

Angie G New Member

Pulled the trigger on the hov supreme kit and thus far it is really good for a noob like me. Thanks for this helpful post.

10. Locky_77

Locky_77 New Member

Hi I am looking into buying a starter kit and would like some help. I am heavy smoker and want to use vape as a way to quit my addiction. So I want a good product that will not make me go back to smoking cigarettes after a month. After reading your thread I am between buying a VK Deluxe Starter Kit or Kanger EMOW Mega Starter Kit. I am not sure if VK has a dual coil system as this I understand is a better option. Can someone please help me understand which on is a better option. Thank you in advance.

11. Galkballiedia

Galkballiedia New Member

I started on the HOV Deluxe Kit which was fine after discovering this forum (and thread) when I was 1st interested and got me started but very quickly (within 2 weeks) moved on to a istick 30w and a comtilus mini which was so much better. Part of me wishes that I had got the second set up first and saved the $80.

Since then I have picked up a Subtank mini which is doing it for me and a Ego One battery which I also love for pocketabilty with the comtilus

How to explain this to a new vaper has me stumped. It's an intense and steep learning curve!

Having said that I passed on the starter kit to my stinky brother and he got off the cigs too so that was a great result.

12. margo

margo New Member

Well I've taken your advice and ordered the VK Deluxe starter kit, can't wait to get it and try it out.

13. Julia B

Julia B New Member

14. frierve

frierve New Member

Started on an istick 30W with comtilus mini. Was good. Lovely flavour easy to maintain but coming from shisha im a lung hitter and the comtilus wasn't the greatest for that.
    I think it would be perfect for someone quitting the cigs.

I got mum a ego c twist 1300mah and 650mah as backup with the evod 2. She's a smoker (was) and loves it but finds it awkward to fill the tiny tank so i think the ego one or ego one mini might be better becomse of the easier filling tank and replaceable coils (old finger friendly). Evod, ego one would both be good for mouth to lungers. (Only my opinion) and a good starting choice.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

15. plumdumplings

plumdumplings New Member

There are better options available for the same value

16. Agefrem

Agefrem New Member

Is vaper empires viva titanium starter kit ok i read some good things on the net , I know nothing about vaping ( it does seem pricey now im reading previous posts )

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

17. BymnWaync

BymnWaync New Member

I had a friend start with VE, and he quickly realised it as a mistake.
    I would go with something as recommended here - less postage and more reliable as well as interchangeable products.

Just my 2c/

18. moment9

moment9 New Member

Ok thanks rupert i think i will do a bit more research

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

19. leafs0555

leafs0555 New Member

Anyone familiar with these guys and/or their starter kits? Get Affordablecomssie E-Cigarettes Here | We Shipcoms wide
    I'm keen to get into vaping and have done all the research but I'm nervous about Qld regulations regarding the possession of nic and choosing the right device and mixing liquids etc. These kits look like a good way to get started but I tried a mate's e-cig and it was piss-weak (no taste, no real "smoke" on exhale) and don't want to end up with something like that.

20. tlk2ul8r

tlk2ul8r New Member

Hey strop69 - I wouldn't buy from that site. They don't have any of the more reputable brands, and the prices for what they offer are high. I'd check out the Vendors here first, and take a look at what some others have bought as a starter kit. The ones on that site are quite likely to be piss-weak like your mates one. Not to mention, they're ancomssie site, claiming to sell Nicotine? That is a red flag straight away, as its illegal to sell Nic incomstralia.

Ladyferoz likes this.