Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Former smoke success stories

Discussion in 'Vape Talk' started by Vaivata, Feb 22, 2016.

1. Vaivata

Vaivata New Member

Device:
    Shopping around
    Juice:
    Shopping around
    I've seen a few stories scattered around, but I'm just curious what everyone's story is. In an attempt to quit a few years ago, I bought a kit from a convenience store, and needless to say, it didn't go that well. I decided to try again and I'm doing a bunch of research on where to start and what to buy, but I need a little bit of encouragement, I guess. So... if you've used vaping to quit, I would love to hear about it!

2. Pablo Diaz

Pablo Diaz Member

Device:
    Vaporfi Platinum Pro
    Juice:
    Vaporfi afternoon delight
    I used to smoke (albeit not that much.. About a pack a week.) and since I started vaping I don't smoke at all and what I vape rarely has nicotine. Love 0% juices.

And my mom.... My mom was a different thing. She used to smoke way more than me and because of that she had difficulty when breathing, to the point where she had to use a bronquial inhaler be able to breathe 100% comfortably. She now vapes with 3mg nicotine and sometimes without nicotine.. She breathes almost perfectly and she is only 3 months cigarette free.

So yeah, it is possible to do the switch from cigarettes to vaping but it can be hard. But it is worth it. The best thing is that the benefits are short term. Do it man, you really can do it.

3. AboveTheSmoke

AboveTheSmoke Active Member

Device:
    Volcano All Day
    Juice:
    Lock Shock & Barrel
    Went from cigs to vaping in like 48 hours. I know some people have problems with the cig habit kicking back, but I just accidentally went cold turkey, had 2 weeks of utterly useless work shifts and forgot I wasn't smoking, like I thought about it maybe 2-3x a day but it was just weird. Boom, cured while eating dessert with my lungs

4. missvape

missvape Active Member

Device:
    Pen Type
    Juice:
    Milk Man
    Mine is also a success story! I was a smoker since I was in college. It's mostly due to peer pressure than turned to a habit. And since then, I can smoke a couple of sticks a day.

I discovered vaping through my friends. I was literally a newbie with vaping then. I researched online and saw that it is possible to quit smoking with vaping. And so I bought my first kit and tried.

It was history from then. Now, I smoke zero percent nic and I was able to quit smoking completely.:)

VirtualBusyBee likes this.
  5. VirtualBusyBee

VirtualBusyBee Member

Device:
    Fuchai
    Juice:
    Finleys 7
    Two and a half years ago I decided that I wanted to stop smoking cigarettes. I decided to replace smoking with vaping, but was not confident that I would be able to cross over. I have to say that the first week was torture and I did not think that I would be able to do it. After I got past the first week, it was a piece of cake and never went back to cigarettes. Vaping has truly been a blessing and I am so proud of myself for quitting cigarettes.

AboveTheSmoke likes this.
  6. AboveTheSmoke

Device:
    Volcano All Day
    Juice:
    Lock Shock & Barrel
    Yeah, almost identical story with me. Once you're over the hill and there's not a lot holding you to keep smoking, there's almost 0 reason to go back. If someone feels better, why would they keep smoking? It's all about getting rid of that initial dependency, finding comfort without cigarettes and then making a smooth transition to vaporizers.

VirtualBusyBee likes this.
  7. artyarson

artyarson Member

Device:
    e-cigarette
    Juice:
    cherry
    Back in the day, I used to have some typical teen issues that got me really nervous. I've been introduced to cigarettes by a friend of mine who used them as a means of relaxation. We both were like 16-17, or so. At first, it all worked great for me. But then the initial power went off. It left me trying to smoke more to achieve the same result I used to have when I just started. So, it's pretty much safe to say that I was caught in a trap where 99.9% of you have been and, probably, still are.

A couple of years ago I saw a cute girl vaping. I had no idea of what she was doing, so I asked. She explained me the whole concept and even let me try. She was a very open-minded person. We even went out to buy me a device.

After that, I didn't let myself take a cigarette on purpose within 2 weeks, initially. During that time vaping became my new habit, replacing smoking. Yeah!

missvape and AboveTheSmoke like this.
  8. AboveTheSmoke

Device:
    Volcano All Day
    Juice:
    Lock Shock & Barrel
    @artyarson and thus, the birth of a vaper and a vape salesgirl. She has no idea how much money her talent is worth, lol :) This business is booming and she's converting people for free?! Nonsense, lol

9. karmelyn

karmelyn New Member

Device:
    hp 17 touchscreen laptop
    Juice:
    don't have one yet
    I tried a vape once, wasn't a fan. However if I found the right flavor like Dulce De Leche I'd be a fan. I'd probably divorce Newports!!!

AboveTheSmoke likes this.
  10. Vaivata

Vaivata New Member

Device:
    Shopping around
    Juice:
    Shopping around
    So many great stories! Thank you guys! I've known a couple of fairly heavy smokers who said that it just flat out didn't work for them - but maybe they didn't wait long enough to get over that "hump" some of you mentioned, or perhaps they just didn't use the right device for them. This, though, is very encouraging!

11. missvape

missvape Active Member

Device:
    Pen Type
    Juice:
    Milk Man
    Wow, I love your story! And I love that approachable girl as well, lol! Too bad you did not end up together. It could have been a love story all bought about by vaping. Haha! Kidding aside, it's nice that another vaper introduced you to vaping with no hesitations and setbacks. Apart from that, she is a stranger and she helped you. It makes me believe in the humanity again.:)

12. AboveTheSmoke

Device:
    Volcano All Day
    Juice:
    Lock Shock & Barrel
    It was flavor that did it for me too. At first I was just kind of swinging for the fences, but now that I have found a bunch of different places with unique flavors, I pretty much have a low-key stash of some of the best juice that I know of. Haven't pushed towards the more expensive side of things yet, but I definitely want some higher-q juice in the fyooch.