Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

FlavourArt From Vapour-Trails.com.au

Discussion in 'Vape Reviews' started by dumbo, Oct 10, 2015.

1. dumbo

dumbo New Member

On Tuesday Morning in September I ordered 4 10 ml Flavour Art flavours, 2 16340 Batteries and a drip tip with express shipping from Vapour Trails to be able to do a new vendor Review video. I put my work address in the system for a shipping address. I didn't receive a order acknowledgment or a ship notice. I emailed them back and asked if they received my order. They said they had received it but was unable to ship in the promised time so they would triple my flavour order to 30ml bottles. Nice gesture I thought. But if they are sending me real FlavourArt flavours. That would be a tad expensive. On Friday I still had not received anything and I emailed again. They were cordial and said it will come. canadan Post. What can you do? A week after ordering Express Post it arrived. But not to my work address that I put in the system. To my home address that is on my Paypal. I did receive the 2 batteries and drip tip which were the same Chinese ones that every vendor carries and was exactly what I was expecting to receive. The FlavourArt was another story. I mixed the Apple Pie just like I would if it was full strength from FlavourArt. I could smell it, but I could not taste it. I upped it incrementally until it matched the flavour profile of my apple pie that I mix at 5% with true Flavour Art. It took 25%. I then tried the Butterscotch. I gave up on that mix when the flavouring required past 50% of the total mix and still didn't reach the flavour level of real FlavourArt. I didn't try the other two flavours but verified that they were watered down also. After multiple emails where Vapour Trails assured me it was genuine Flavour Art from Italy. I finally told them it was not. The flavour was not there. I am not an expert. But I do have a little common sense. They told me then that they had found the problem. Quoted from the email "after i did some tests i can say that it does seem like it could have been from a missed shake." They said that is was not shaken up when they dispensed it. I then contacted FlavourArt and with the question about FlavourArt flavouring separating to the point that dispensing from a bulk bottle would .comse that level of weakening. I was told that it would not. I have found that to be the case with my flavour art from Italy. This ended by Vapour Trails still insisting that it is real but offering to replace the flavours that I found lacking. I declined that offer and decided to review based on the information that I have on the excuse that they gave. And since a picture is worth a thousand words. The FlavourArt Apple Pie directly from Italy is on the right and the Vapour Trails provided FlavourArt Apple Pie is on the left. I think that sums this up and is as clear of a review as I can provide.

[​IMG]

2. christopherkf69

christopherkf69 New Member

interesting info shane, thanks for sharing.
    one less vendor to share my currency with.

3. broongock

broongock New Member

A picture is worth a thousand words indeed.

4. kamelot

kamelot New Member

damage control fail

5. Angry Grandma .

Angry Grandma . Member

Thanks for the info.

I will not be ordering from them.

6. Tate

Tate New Member

How strange, all my flavours from vapour-trails have been great. Stuff direct from FA has been great as well as stuff from VT.

Flavours do change a little bit batch to batch but should never ever be that different.

Found this after a quick check of their website -

From here - http://flavourart.hesk.com/knowledgebase.php?article=15

Explains the colour difference at least. How old is your apple pie flavour anyway?

I have their apple pie and reckon it tastes great at 5-10%. Add 5% of caramel and you've got one of the best tasting juices ever IMO :) It has the same colour as yours. My caramel that I got from them is as dark as the other juice in the picture you posted.

7. Attaile

Attaile New Member

Yes.

I know ahh...nothing about that.

_>

8. milolabo

milolabo New Member

Soap opera remains soap opera....

9. geofot55

geofot55 New Member

And it will remain a soap opera until further word comes through from flavour art. Thanks for the video Shayne, although, id just like to point out that im not claiming our flavour is 100% FA anymore, there has obviously been some sort of fouling. Infact, except after flavour art gave me the go ahead i have always tended to trust my customers information and concerns. Remember, all i posted was the information that FA gave me after doing their tests. More problems arose, and as soon as they did i immediately looked to my customers for more information on the matter and it all became quite negative and abusive. As ive said previously and always maintained, we dont water down our flavours and at this stage i certainly dont know why our full strength FA Apple Pie is so weak - This im hoping flavour art can tell me soon. This time i went all out and sent them a copy of every single flavour we have purchased from them, and i will not accept anything except a full reasoning as to why my flavours seem to have been effected in some negative way.

As previously mentioned, you guys and gals will be the first to know when the information comes through.

Regards,
    Matt Nash.

10. giGtrish

giGtrish New Member

Could it be the clear bottles? I notice that the big bottle comes in brown? What do your bottles come in?

I know beer lasts longer on the journey over in brown bottles then it does clear. Something to do with the sunlight.

Could something similar have occurred here?

11. frabato

frabato New Member

I wonder if it has anything to do with age of the batch? As Jato says it could be something to do with the bottles they are kept in, although I wouldn't think it'd be such an effect.

So we've got -

'Normal' colour differences - as defined by FA
    'Normal' flavour differences - as defined by FA
    Differences between batch/batches
    Recipe tweak at some point.
    Type of container - glass/plastic/clear/shaded
    FlavourArt or distributor made some kind of mistake
    Vendor diluted flavour on purpose to increase volume.

and probably some others.

I still reckon the first four things on that list are most likely.

I was surprised at how dark the FA apple pie was this time, sorry if I doubted you on that before shayne!

12. Angry Grandma .

Angry Grandma . Member

i dont really wanna vape it smells horrible, compared to all the fa i have purchased from ecig sa which smell amazing

13. anedgids

anedgids New Member

I just had to go into Dispute with Vapour-trails as No delivery on an order placed over one month ago.

So far No response from them via Paypal.

14. Jack Benoit

Jack Benoit Member

Device:
    iTaste MVP 2.0 iClear 30
    Juice:
    Snake oil from Seduce Juice, pear/coconut/cream
    Hеrе's аnоthеr оnе.

Buttеr Rоllеd...

22% TFА сustаrd 15% Fа Buttеr

3-4% оf еасh: Fа Аlmоnd Fа Pаntоnе Fw Gummy bеаr Tfа Sаlt Wаtеr Tаffy Vz Сrеаm Сhаrlоttе VZ Gоurmеt Vаnillа Spоngе Саkе VZ Сhосоlаtе Trufflе Fw bасоn TFА саpасhinо Tfа Mаry Jаnе