Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

First time you heard about e-cigs

Discussion in 'Vape Talk' started by genevb, Apr 4, 2016.

1. genevb

genevb Member

Device:
    VaporFI Rebel II
    Juice:
    Apple
    How did you heard about vaping? When was it that you first came into contact with this concept and what was your first opinion regarding this? For me it was 4 years ago, my cousin came back from Germany with an e-cigarette. I was very intrigued by it, but once I tried it, it was very different from the cigarette, I never thought it could replace a real cigarette. However after a time, I learned about resistances and liquids, and I was able to make a vaping device that actually replace my habit of smoking cigarettes with a habit of vaping all day.

missvape likes this.
  2. erook7878

erook7878 New Member

Device:
    Ago G5
    Juice:
    Vapor Fi
    I think I saw some person the street with some type of vape device years ago. I was amazed by it and didn't know it was a vaporizer at the time. I just assumed it was some type of electronic smoking device.

3. ejorman1010

ejorman1010 Member

Device:
    Tesla
    Juice:
    Johnson Creek
    I feel like I saw one of those vaporizers back in the day and I didn't know what it was. I do remember seeing some of those old e-cig ads in magazines. It's amazing how quickly it got popular.

4. rajesh

rajesh Member

Device:
    MODs
    Juice:
    Gorilla Juice
    I used to smoke at least 10 cigars a day. I was not aware of the vaping devices. Roha, one of my friend suggested me that there is a 'device' which can give me the same pleasure as cigars. I tried the device and it became my favourite and I left cigars.;)

5. oportosanto

oportosanto Member

Device:
    Vape Pen Endeavor
    Juice:
    Churrios
    Actually the first time I heard about it I saw someone vaping at my job and I was surprised to see that because I thought he was smoking... :)

6. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Device:
    JAC vapour
    Juice:
    Real Tobacco
    The first time I experienced it was when I went round to a friends house and we went outside for a cigarette and he pulled one of those e-cigs out, and I remember thinking what the hell is he thinking!

When you expect somebody to put a cigarette in their mouth and out comes this electronic device, it certainly comes as a bit of a shock!

7. artyarson

artyarson Member

Device:
    e-cigarette
    Juice:
    cherry
    It was 2014. I saw a street advertisement. However, I stopped a complete stranger, who was vaping at the moment, to explain me everything about the thing she was holding in her hands.

8. missvape

missvape Active Member

Device:
    Pen Type
    Juice:
    Milk Man
    It was actually my husband's friend who first introduced vaping to me. Ever since we met, my husband has been telling me stories about this friend of his. I was quite intrigued with the so-called vape since I haven't personally seen one. So one day, I met his friend while they were playing basketball and I saw him vaping. He then explained the concept of vaping to me and what was it and how it's done. The very next day, I went to a vape store to try and find a device for me. Lol. Talk about envy.:p

Anyway, since then, I've researched a lot about vape and vaping and all that comes with it. But of course, if it hadn't been for my husband's friend, I wouldn't have known vaping. Okay... That's an exaggeration, I think I would know about vaping one way or another. Haha! But yeah, he's the first one I've seen who vaped and that's why
    I got into this whole thing.

9. oportosanto

oportosanto Member

Device:
    Vape Pen Endeavor
    Juice:
    Churrios
    That's the best thing, when we know someone that explains how it works and we can even try it, it makes it a lot easier to learn the "new" concept.

10. Stopcigarettes

Stopcigarettes Member

Device:
    eGo-t
    Juice:
    RY4
    The first time that I heard about e-cigarettes was when I went to the mall. There was a pretty lady with a stall trying to attract new clients. Most people just walked past her at first, because they didn't know what it was, but she slowly started getting clients.

11. moneyman

moneyman New Member

Device:
    eleaf TC 100W
    Juice:
    Cola
    I heard of e-cigarettes from a friend of mine. He just said one night when we were drinking beer that we should test them one day to quit smoking. After a couple of months I decided to give them a try. I started with those shitty e-sticks which weren't durable at all. However after investing a bit more to devices I managed to get some quality ones and was happy to reduce smoking.

12. tgthewriter1

tgthewriter1 Member

Device:
    sr-elit
    Juice:
    tobacco
    The first time I heard about vaping was at the library. I saw these group of kids using some weird drug device. Then I saw people leaving from a vaping shop. I decided to walk in the store and try my luck. I started using vaping every since. I was dealing with a lot of stuff man. I just wanted to escape from it. I just wanted to escape from the fact that my family doesn’t want me to go to college anymore. It’s a scary feeling when your family do not want you to go to school. When I have kids, I am going to support them no matter what happens. I’m not going to make the same mistake my parents made.

13. GamerLady

GamerLady Member

Device:
    Kanger Subox Mini, Tesla Two Submod
    Juice:
    The first time I heard about vaping was at the mall. There was this vendor selling e-cigs from a company called "Smoke Anywhere." My boyfriend at the time and I spent $250 for four cig-alike batteries, two atomizers, four cartridges, and some ejuice from China that I ended up being allergic to. Supposedly a cartridge was equivalent to 1/2 a pack of smokes, and the atomizer died on me the second day. The guy at the mall replaced it for free of charge, but it didn't take too long before we were upgrading to less crappy and cheaper kr-88 batteries and cartomizers.

Now, two people can get hooked up with two subohm starter kits and juice for under $250. Go figure! :cool:

14. FenWoFon

FenWoFon Member

Device:
    VaporFI Rebel
    Juice:
    Pineapple
    Well the first time I heard about e-cigs was at school when a random guy came in my classroom and offered it to me, I remember that I gave it a shot and since then I started liking it :D

15. rz3300

rz3300 Member

Device:
    Laptop
    Juice:
    Apple
    Well I really wish that I could see my face as I sit here and really think back to the very first time I heard about e-cigs. I am betting that it is not the most attractive face, but it just because I cannot really remember. It would have to be a while ago now, but I can say that the first time I really explored it as an option was when a coworker at my last job started to use them. I became more and more interested until I made the jump myself.

16. genevb

genevb Member

Device:
    VaporFI Rebel II
    Juice:
    Apple
    Wow, I guess you were really intrigued by it, how did that complete stranger respond to your questions? I mean, not everyone who uses something knows much about it, were those information accurate? As I'm thinking you researched on your own after a good period of time.

17. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Device:
    JAC vapour
    Juice:
    Real Tobacco
    As most other people, when we first got introduced to it I bet we never expected it to become as popular as it has done, I know I didn't anyway.

I was a little sceptical to be honest, and while I wasn't against it, I just didn't think it would catch on. How wrong was I?!

18. oportosanto

oportosanto Member

Device:
    Vape Pen Endeavor
    Juice:
    Churrios
    The first time I saw it I thought it was a trend to, but as soon as I learned more about it I knew it would not be the case as this is a healthier and cheaper alternative to smoking.

19. artyarson

artyarson Member

Device:
    e-cigarette
    Juice:
    cherry
    I was about to smoke in a special area. Then I saw a cute girl there who had a vaping device. I've seen that before but had no clue about it. So, I approached her and we had a conversation about many things including her explanation of vaping to me.

20. genevb

genevb Member

Device:
    VaporFI Rebel II
    Juice:
    Apple
    Were those information legit, or she only tried to make conversation? I remember how it used to be to know the feel of wanting a smoke exactly when you walk into a cute girl, I would always hesitate to get a cigarette, since I'm assuming smoking is a turn-off for most of the persons (because it is for me, and it was back when I was a smoker).

Last edited: Apr 8, 2016