Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

FDA Regulations for Vaping

Discussion in 'What's in the Vape News?' started by GamerLady, May 18, 2016.

1. GamerLady

GamerLady Member

Device:
    Kanger Subox Mini, Tesla Two Submod
    Juice:
    It's been a while since I've been on here, but I was really surprised to see that the regulations for vaping rigs and e-juice that the FDA is rolling out in August have not been discussed by U.S. vapers.

For those of you who are unaware of these new regulations, you can read about them here. To summarize, the FDA is saying that new rigs and e-liquids must go through a review process before they can be sold. It does not sound too bad until you realize that the FDA is saying that all e-liquid must go through the review process. For instance, most vendors offer e-liquids with different flavors, nic levels, and pg/vg ratios. The FDA is saying that every permutation of a single flavor of e-liquid is a new tobacco product, and must be reviewed and approved by the FDA before it can be sold. So, let's say a company offers RY4 with vg/pg ratios of 80/20, 60/40, 50/50, and 40/60. Plus they offer nic levels of 36mg, 24mg, 18mg, 16mg, 12mg, 8mg, 6mg, 4mg, and 0mg. All of these different ratios will have to be tested before they can be sold.

Granted, the FDA is giving vendors some leeway by allowing them 2 years to submit their products for review; however, I find this turn of events disturbing. These new regulations are going to limit what flavors will be available, what nic levels will be available, and what pg/vg ratios are available. It will drive up the cost of vaping here in the U.S., and possible prevent vaping from being a financially viable alternative to smoking.

What do you think? How do you think these new laws will affect you?