Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Does tobacco flavoured juice defeat the purpose?

Discussion in 'Vape DIY Juice / Recipes / Mixing' started by Dilof, Mar 19, 2016.

1. Dilof

Dilof Member

Device:
    Pen
    Juice:
    Tobacco flavoured
    I personally use a tobacco flavour juice and it's always come across to me that it kind of defeats the purpose. I know that vaping is supposedly safer than smoking but using pretty much the exact same thing as smoking aside from blackened lungs does seem counter-intuitive to someone trying to quit smoking.

2. knitmehere

knitmehere Member

Device:
    Vaped Nano
    Juice:
    Unicorn Milk
    I see how it could be seen that way, because it's not really getting rid of the craving if you're still used to getting that same taste all of the time. At the same time, I think avoiding the blackened lungs is cause enough to stick to the tobacco flavored juice as long as you don't ever plan to go back to cigarettes.

3. lexinonomous

lexinonomous New Member

Device:
    box mod
    Juice:
    anything with fruit
    I don't think it defeats the purpose at all. If you enjoy the taste of tobacco, but do not want to inhale smoke, than everything is fine. If you're allowing yourself to get that flavor and you're dedicated to sticking to a non-smoking plan, then good for you. The only time that you'll be defeating the purpose is if you're picking up a cigarette and smoking alongside of your vape use. :) I wouldn't think too much about it.

4. rz3300

rz3300 Member

Device:
    Laptop
    Juice:
    Apple
    Well I guess, but then again not really. It is just another flavor that some people might enjoy, for whatever reason. I have not tried it, or even seen it now that I think about it, but to each their own and all of that jazz. I would not think that it would be that great though, and that is one thing that I do not miss about smoking is the taste, so I cannot see why I would want to go back down that path.

5. Acheno84

Acheno84 Member

Device:
    Ego pen
    Juice:
    Blueberry
    I don't think it defeats the purpose one bit. I actually recently bought a 0mg Tobacco just to add to my menthol to take away some of the overpowering taste, and it worked really well. It's all in your personal preference. I just bought a Blueberry Menthol today and I absolutely love it. I get tired of the same flavor and get bored with it so it makes me want to have a cigarette, but I've done just fine as long as i'm switching it up and not getting burned out.

6. AboveTheSmoke

AboveTheSmoke Active Member

Device:
    Volcano All Day
    Juice:
    Lock Shock & Barrel
    I think it's useful to have. The idea of tobacco flavor makes sense from a business perspective because people want that naturally. If you take the flavor away, there might be some people that just go back to smoking, so it has its place. The real problem is when it just becomes another thing on top of smoking.

7. RobPonders

RobPonders Member

Device:
    G Pen
    Juice:
    Switch it up
    That really depends on what you consider as to the purpose.
    If the purpose is want to keep being a smoker but want to reduce the harm, then absolutely not!
    Some people enjoy the tobacco smell and flavor, but if they can enjoy that but have it be a lot safer then lighting sticks of tobacco on fire then it suites that purpose quite well!

8. Sirvapealot

Sirvapealot Member

Device:
    Flowermate Pro
    Juice:
    Gummy Bear
    Smokers, myself being a former one, are also addicted to the flavor of cigarettes. That may sound disgusting, but it is very true. Myself, I would not really care for tobacco flavored vape liquid. I prefer the fruit flavors the most.

9. Lynk

Lynk Member

Device:
    Aspire Nautilis
    Juice:
    Mt. Baker Vapor Pineapple Peach
    I don't know how it could possibly defeat the purpose? The purpose to me is a safer, less toxic way to enjoy nicotine and the feeling of smoking without exposing myself to the poisons in cigarettes. The flavor doesn't matter in regard to the purpose. Some people find it easier to use a flavor they are used to and there is nothing wrong with this. Most who stick with ecigs find other flavors they prefer but who really cares? In terms of harm reduction, the flavor is irrelevant.

10. CaptainOblivious

CaptainOblivious New Member

Device:
    e-cigarettes
    Juice:
    Vape Wild
    My opinion is that whatever helps you to quit smoking is a good thing. The purpose is to save you from the effects of smoke in tour lungs and I think that purpose is not defeated regardless of what flavor of juice you prefer.

Cheers

11. Dilof

Dilof Member

Device:
    Pen
    Juice:
    Tobacco flavoured
    I think I'll try to distance myself from Tobacco flavoured from now on. I really don't know what got me in to the taste, maybe it's just the association of the taste with the physical act of smoking and the nicotine. I'll stick to Menthol from now on :p

12. puneeth8994

puneeth8994 Member

Device:
    E-cigarettes
    Juice:
    chiku
    I don't think it defeats the purpose. The prevention of blackened lung in itself is a huge bonus.

13. elatedmist

elatedmist Member

Device:
    Ranger SUBVOD
    Juice:
    Chocolate, Orange Crush
    If it causes revultion to you in some degree, then yeah, stick to menthol from now on. Maybe you are not technically defeating the purpose since it's obvious you are not smoking a tobacco or cigarettes. But may happen that the constant remind of the taste will cause you to backslide .

14. ejorman1010

ejorman1010 Member

Device:
    Tesla
    Juice:
    Johnson Creek
    Some people like the tobacco flavor, but don't want to inhale the 2000 different chemicals in cigarettes. So I don't really see it as defeating the purpose. I see it as a good alternative.