Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Do you vape more than you smoked cigarettes?

Discussion in 'Vape Talk' started by tess82, Mar 20, 2016.

1. tess82

tess82 New Member

Device:
    Nautilis Mini
    Juice:
    VaporFi Reserve Moroccan Gold
    I smoked a pack and half a day and now that I'm trying vaping I feel like I want to constantly do it. Like before I'd smoke a cig and at least wait a while for another. Now I just want to keep puffing away on my vape. How do others handle this and is this harmful?

2. lexinonomous

lexinonomous New Member

Device:
    box mod
    Juice:
    anything with fruit
    This is completely normal. When I first switched to using my vape, I noticed that I was constantly picking it up. It's the idea of it never going away that makes you keep grabbing at it. Because it never "ends" like a cigarette does, it makes it easier to pick it up and keep puffing away all day. I would suggest using it for a certain amount of time and putting it down somewhere that you can't access it. Such as, leaving it at your desk when you walk away or leaving it in the car. It certainly helped me when I was doing this. It's certainly not good to take in nicotine this much.

3. Geeka

Geeka New Member

Device:
    eGo ONE
    Juice:
    Apple
    I was like you as well when I first quit cigarettes and moved to vaping. I couldn't really put my finger as to whether it was the change of smell or the smoke or the taste, but I was hogging on it whenever I could and would curse myself when the batteries run out. These were no doubt the hardest time for me as these would be time where I would be most tempted to run out to get a pack of regular smokes. Fortunately, in a way, the cough got to me and that definitely helped to slow things down.

So hang in there, and remember why you've changed to vaping in the first place.

4. AboveTheSmoke

AboveTheSmoke Active Member

Device:
    Volcano All Day
    Juice:
    Lock Shock & Barrel
    I definitely vape less than I smoked now, but I vaped a lot more in the early stages. I think it loses a bit of its magic once you've tried enough flavors, but that's kind of nice considering it is just this fluid transition away from smoking and towards something a little bit less taxing. I'd say I vape maybe 1/50th the total amount that I could have smoked in a day, maybe a bit more or less, but the ratio is definitely significant.

5. roger1003

roger1003 Member

Device:
    mini 60W Box Mod
    Juice:
    Pancake Man
    I actually feel like I vape more than I smoke. Vaping gives you the option to almost do it anywhere, as compared to smoking. Cigarettes also have an end time, probably around 5 minutes. With vaping, it's unlimited. I can conveniently pick it up anywhere and anytime. Also, I'm aware that vaping is healthier so probably, my subconscious mind is telling me that it's okay.

6. missvape

missvape Active Member

Device:
    Pen Type
    Juice:
    Milk Man
    This has also happened to me back when I was new to vaping. I constantly picked up my device and puffed away. In fact, I vaped more than I smoked just because I have that urge and craving for cigarettes still. But right now, I usually vape only a few times a day. I don't even smoke at all. So I guess in time, you'll vape less once you have fought of the cigarette cravings. However, it's okay that you're vaping more now since it's definitely healthier than smoking. Good luck and I wish you the best!

7. knitmehere

knitmehere Member

Device:
    Vaped Nano
    Juice:
    Unicorn Milk
    I think that's normal in the beginning. You're still having those cravings and it's easier to keep puffing and hoping that it will go away. You'll probably slow down after awhile, when you stop having as many cravings.

8. ZXD22

ZXD22 Member

Device:
    Joyetech Ego One
    Juice:
    Atmos watermelon
    Yes I vape way more than I smoked cigarettes. I barely smoked, probably less than a pack a week due to the harsh side effects. I ultimately decided to quit since it just wasn't for me and I was lucky. I now usually vape around like a pack a day lol.

9. Stopcigarettes

Stopcigarettes Member

Device:
    eGo-t
    Juice:
    RY4
    I was really careful when I started, I didn't want to over do it. I did get more cravings then when I smoked cigarettes though. Since I have schedule that I have to keep I can't vape any time that I want to. That really helped me not reaching out for the vape all the time.

10. dblanch

dblanch Member

Device:
    Eiffel T1
    Juice:
    Eros
    Not at all. Actually, I think vaping has helped me eliminate my addictive mentality. I've stopped smoking completely, and only vape occasionally.

11. genevb

genevb Member

Device:
    VaporFI Rebel II
    Juice:
    Apple
    I used to smoke 15 to 20 cigarettes a day, I think that right now I'm vaping less, but definitely more frequently as I take 3-4 puffs once in every 10-15 minutes. When I smoked cigarettes I used to smoke one at a time but once every 40-60 minutes.

12. rajesh

rajesh Member

Device:
    MODs
    Juice:
    Gorilla Juice
    Well, I have left cigars (completely). It was very difficult for me at first but I was habituated to vaping. Well, I have experienced many health benefits since I left cigars. Vaping has changed my life. So, I vape and I don't use cigars at all.

13. Okaviator

Okaviator Member

Device:
    Joyetech
    Juice:
    Lemon
    I've gone through the exact same thing when I quit smoking. It's just natural instinct to keep vaping since it will never burn out like a cigarrete. I would just recommend vaping for certain amounts of time, then stopping for a while.

14. Dilof

Dilof Member

Device:
    Pen
    Juice:
    Tobacco flavoured
    I'd say I smoked more than I vape.. and I don't know why. Vaping just seems to last a lot longer for me and therefore I use it less than I would smoke. I used to smoke a pack a day as well so maybe that's just hard to beat or something. I use a pretty low nicotine juice though, so maybe it just feels as if I'm using it less.

15. genevb

genevb Member

Device:
    VaporFI Rebel II
    Juice:
    Apple
    Probably because a shot of your electronic device is stronger than a shot of those cigarettes, in my case it is so. I would've take about 15-20 puffs before I ended up my cigarette, and also my need of nicotine for that time, but now I can only puffs 4-5 times and satisfy the need of nicotine for another 40 minutes or so.

16. ejorman1010

ejorman1010 Member

Device:
    Tesla
    Juice:
    Johnson Creek
    I would say I vape more than whatever the equivalent is when I was smoking. The one thing that prevented me from constantly smoking was that I would have to get up and go find a spot outside to smoke, where that issue is largely gone with vaping. That said, I don't think it's drastically higher than whatever the equivalent was to smoking.

17. FenWoFon

FenWoFon Member

Device:
    VaporFI Rebel
    Juice:
    Pineapple
    I have noticed that yes, I do vape way more than I used to smoke cigarettes, do notreally know why but I love the taste of my juices.

18. Dilof

Dilof Member

Device:
    Pen
    Juice:
    Tobacco flavoured
    That's probably the reason ye. I'm the exact same as you, although sometimes I'm puffing away on it and I don't even know it, which is kind of a bad habit of mine whenever I'm distracted.

19. puneeth8994

puneeth8994 Member

Device:
    E-cigarettes
    Juice:
    chiku
    Same boat as you there, it's really fun at first especially when you have completely quit cigarettes but I feel it reduces over time.