Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Do you carry spare batteries

Discussion in 'Vape Talk' started by Hedonologist, Mar 5, 2016.

1. Hedonologist

Hedonologist Member

Device:
    PC
    Juice:
    n/a
    There have been at least two instances now of running out of juice (the electronic type) when I have quite a massive craving. I managed to ride it out until I got home, but due to this I always carry around a spare battery in the car or coat, just so this never happens again.

Do you carry spare batteries?

2. missvape

missvape Active Member

Device:
    Pen Type
    Juice:
    Milk Man
    When I was just new to vaping, I used to carry spare batteries just so I won't give in to the cravings of cigarettes, if my batteries do run out. It's easier and safer that way rather than giving in to cigarettes. Right now, my vape's battery lasts on me until I get home, given that I don't stay out too late. I think I do not vape as much to stop the cravings for cigarettes, it's more of for enjoying the different flavours I have. Unlike before that I used to vape more times than now, just because I was new to quitting cigarettes. So for me, I don't carry spare batteries now although if I know I'm staying out late or staying at another person's house, that's when I bring an extra battery.

3. VirtualBusyBee

VirtualBusyBee Member

Device:
    Fuchai
    Juice:
    Finleys 7
    I have color coded my batteries, so I can keep tracked of which batteries are older and which batteries are newer. That way I have a general idea about how long certain batteries will last for. If I am running out to the store and I know that I will not be out very long, I pop a new set of batteries in, therefore not needing to carry extra batteries. If I am going out and I know that I am going to be gone all day, I will put fresh batteries in my e-cigarette and then put two batteries in my battery case.

missvape likes this.
  4. mauricioq

mauricioq New Member

Device:
    Pen Style
    Juice:
    Apple
    This already happened to me, I was really far away from home and my batteries died. It was pretty bad, but I learned, nowadays I always keep a spare batteries with me to make sure I can always keep vaping hahah

5. missvape

missvape Active Member

Device:
    Pen Type
    Juice:
    Milk Man
    That is such a great idea, thank you for posting about it. Personally, I am not away from home much so I don't really carry spare batteries anymore. Plus, like I've said, I don't vape anymore to stop the cigarette cravings. But if we do have some family trips that we're going to, I think colour coding my batteries would work well. We love going to trips and although I carry my charger with me, we still do some long walks sometimes especially if it's a nature trip. It would be beneficial to colour code my batteries during those times.

6. Gemma Rowlands

Gemma Rowlands Member

Device:
    e-cig
    Juice:
    Strawberry
    When you have something that you're addicted to, that you know you're going to need all the time, it is very important to make sure that you have the right equipment to ensure that it is always working properly and as it should be. I always carry spare batteries as I know that, at the moment, my mood is ruined when I am not able to vape, so I always need to make sure that I have access to it when I need it. I always feel the need to vape more when I can't - I think it's more of a comfort thing to know that it's there for me a lot of the time!

7. untitled

untitled Member

Device:
    Evic VTC Mini
    Juice:
    VG
    Luckily I'm never too far from a usb connection, be it in my car, at the office or at a friends house. All I take is one battery and wait until it's charged enough to use. Helps me limit my vaping when out on the street knowing that my battery could die.

8. artyarson

artyarson Member

Device:
    e-cigarette
    Juice:
    cherry
    No, I don't. If my vape runs out of power, I'd be ok with it. However, it's a good precaution.

9. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Device:
    JAC vapour
    Juice:
    Real Tobacco
    While I'm also never too far away from a power source, I never charge it and I don'r carry spare batteries either.

Like I've said before, I'm kind of new to the vaping scene so I still feel a little self conscious when it comes down to it. I've never run out of charge, but if I did I'd just wait till I got home I think.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2016
  10. KelseyH.

KelseyH. Guest

I always keep spare batteries. I don't ever want to have to give in to a craving, so I make sure I always have plenty of juice and plenty of batteries no matter where I'm at. When I was new to vaping, I didn't ever keep any spares and I realized really quick that it was mistake not doing so. That won't ever happen again, and I'm a happy camper.

11. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Device:
    JAC vapour
    Juice:
    Real Tobacco
    When people first start vaping it's like anything new and it takes a bit of time to get set in your own routine. I'm sure that most people at the start will have run out of juice or forgot to charge before they've left the house, but after a while it just becomes second nature.

12. victionicious

victionicious New Member

Device:
    Aerotank Mega with Eleaf iStick 30w
    Juice:
    Hangsen Banana 11mg
    I used to buy extra batteries to keep spare, but in all honesty it's not that necessary. My iStick 30W seems to last more than long enough for me (two days easily), and having the Aerotank Mega means I can carry a pretty good amount of juice without worrying about having to refill throughout the day.

I think if you don't mind the extra bulk, it's seriously worthwhile getting a larger battery. You don't have to go to the extreme lengths that some people do.

13. AboveTheSmoke

AboveTheSmoke Active Member

Device:
    Volcano All Day
    Juice:
    Lock Shock & Barrel
    I have a USB charger that has a solar panel on it that stores a full battery for my phone that works on my rig :D I am basically everyone's god when I go camping. It's super useful, there's a ton of different ways to get it done, and you could even just get the USB cells and a separate personal solar rig and use that, it's super nifty because it doubles for your phone. Highly recommended.

14. Steve Dawson

Steve Dawson Member

Device:
    Diamond Mist
    Juice:
    Blend & Bottle Blackcurrant and liquorice 12mg/ml nicotine
    I have a spare battery that I always keep fully charged and ready to swap over as soon as my vape runs out of power. I've also got a more powerful battery that I have just for those occasions when I feel like generating a bit more vapor. They're all chargable via USB and I spend every working day near or in front of a computer so its easy to make sure I always have a spare when I need it. My biggest fear is that one day I'll get caught out by a problem and suddenly give in to tobacco cravings by scrounging a cigarette.

15. ZXD22

ZXD22 Member

Device:
    Joyetech Ego One
    Juice:
    Atmos watermelon
    I think its a good idea to carry some in your car just in case you run out for whatever reason. Maybe the battery runs through a malfunction while you are using the device (lets hope not!), then you could easily swap it out and use the spare one and vape on without any loss of time and satisfaction.

16. rajesh

rajesh Member

Device:
    MODs
    Juice:
    Gorilla Juice
    The same idea came to my mind when I was new to vaping. I think you are addicted to vaping and you use it so much that the battery gets over! I don't use my vaping device to such extent but I always carry a high power battery with me that can satisfy my craving. I usually carry spare batteries when I go to a remote place or a trip. :)

17. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Device:
    JAC vapour
    Juice:
    Real Tobacco
    Many people won't need to carry spare batteries either though, as the device they use will either be able to last a long time, or if it does run out of charge they won't really be that worried.

A lot will depend on just how addicted to vaping you really are and thinking back to if you used to be a smoker, did you carry a spare packet of cigarettes around with you?

18. ejorman1010

ejorman1010 Member

Device:
    Tesla
    Juice:
    Johnson Creek
    Unless I'm going on vacation or I'm going to be somewhere for a significant amount of time, I usually don't. I do know the feeling of running out of juice or battery and feeling a little helpless at times. I think I'm far along where I'm okay if it goes blank for a bit of time.

19. genevb

genevb Member

Device:
    VaporFI Rebel II
    Juice:
    Apple
    I always carry spare batteries, I'm scared to death about running out of both batteries, as then I might have the need to use once again, real cigarettes, a thing that I would like to avoid at all costs. I find it more efficient to just carry spare batteries, I've found myself in the situation to use them a few times and they proved to come in very handy, however I never ever ran out of both sets of batteries, but I don't want to thing about what would be the consequences of that actually happening. I advise anyone to carry spare batteries, they can be easily stocked in your pocket, and they'll prove to be very handy one day.

20. Stopcigarettes

Stopcigarettes Member

Device:
    eGo-t
    Juice:
    RY4
    Fortunately that has never happened to me. I always make sure a leave the house with the a freshly charged battery so that I don't run that risk. If I do run out I think I can handle it. after all it's no different if you ran out of smokes.