Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

DIY E-liquid ..Very Confused

Discussion in 'Vape DIY Juice / Recipes / Mixing' started by ryorb, Dec 11, 2015.

1. ryorb

ryorb New Member

Hi Guys, I have just made my first e-juice with

70% PG
    30% VG
    5% Winston tobacco flavour

it has no taste at all apart from a slightly bad after taste. It has no tobacco taste at all.

have I done something wrong or do I need to use more than 1 flavour? I have used no nicotine and would rather keep it that way but I don't understand why my mix has no taste.. does the nicotine help the taste? :-(

Any help at all is greatly appreciated thanks.

2. MMOJonson

MMOJonson New Member

Try it at 15-20% winston? Or it could just simply be be.comse the concentrate doesn't have a strong tobacco flavour

3. nusik

nusik New Member

was the Winston a concentrate or just a zero nic juice?

4. Neokenice

Neokenice New Member

Nicotine does change the flavour somewhat, but as bjornzzz says it's most likely the concentrate.

Using 5% might be fine or it might be tasteless, depending on which manufacturer
    your concentrate is from. There's no standard industry potency. You'll have to experiment.

5. antsliiv

antsliiv New Member

What brand is it? Where did you get it from? got a product link to the website?

6. Sgt Remeriz

Sgt Remeriz New Member

WoW thanks so much for all your replies and so fast.

Ok I was using Winston flav from e-cigmodshop.com.com it's e-liquid flavour concentrate.contains PG USP & Alchol base natural flav extracts.

Does anyone know of the best place to buy flavoiurs in canada or if not outside of.comst. Thanks guys :-
    )

7. Frank N. Stein

Frank N. Stein New Member

you've given the percentages, now tell me how many mL's of each in what size bottle you used to get that mix.

8. GinoHerring

GinoHerring New Member

Ok in a 50ml bottle 30ml PG 20ml VG 30 drops of flav

9. hamster

hamster New Member

Nic will not make it taste better.
    I you don't use it currently then "DON'T USE IT"
    We are not here to encourage anyone to use nic that doesn't already have a dependency.

10. aksinyan

aksinyan New Member

LOL Thanks D1git

I did not at anytime think anyone was encouraging me to use it . I have been off cigarettes for 4 months now and still feel like a good nicotine hit and that is only be.comse I can't get my ejuice mix right.

11. God answers all questions

God answers all questions New Member

when ive used the flavours in the bottles from ecigmodshop i found that about 50 drops equals 1ml

so lets say you've used .6ml in 50 ml of juice which is not 5%

12. kinghissingh

kinghissingh New Member

you need to be at 2.5 - 3 mLs of flavor to get close to something you'll taste.
    please forgive my abruptness, I'm an old "cranky"
    cheers
    D1g

13. jhn77

jhn77 New Member

ive just had a look on ejuicemeup and if you want to mix the ecigmodshop winston at 3% (which is strong starting point for these flavours) of 50 ml juice you need 1.5ml of flavouring which is about 75 drops

so i would add 45 more drops of flavouring and then taste it over the next few days as it steeps

14. lutalica

lutalica New Member

remember drops don't always equate to what you're doing.
    bottles differ greatly.
    Syringes and pipettes are what you need for mixing with any accuracy

15. bdizzyctxaxd4289

bdizzyctxaxd4289 New Member

totally - i arrived at 50 drops per ml by dropping into a syringe until it reached the 1 ml point using the flavour bottles from ecigmodshop - this was a while ago so unless he's changed the bottles recently you'll be fine - but if you have a syringe you'll be far better off

16. Pharrell Williams

Pharrell Williams New Member

Can anyone who likes strong tobacco tastes advise me what to get and where please....I just want a good tobacco hit,I am quite prepared to play around with my mixes if I know that eventually I will get it right.. Also a very big thank you to all replies you are very helpful guys...

Also sorry to be such a bother but I have no one else to help me...I have noticed that the juice I buy ready mixed seems to last a lot longer than the juice I make...any ideas as to why this is ?

17. Superdave

Superdave New Member

Primo Verde Concentrate from the T-Juice E-Liquid Shop - Buy Primo Verde Concentrate E-Liquid here

the stuff above is great - mix it at 15%

apart from that for tobacco tastes you are on the right track with ecigmodshop alchohol superconcntrates - bet bware that a few of the cigar ones taste a bit chocolatey

also juice factory has the same superconcentrates flavourings but with different flavours available

Juice Concentrates - JF Super Concentrates (Alcohol Based) - Juice Factory

personally i mix them at 2% - you may wanna go higher - my faves are RY6, tuscan reserve, burley, old captain, golden virginia and black fire.... ps and french pipe

18. miranda

miranda New Member

Is there a reason for the premixed ejuices to last longer in my tanks? .my diy juice seems to go so much faster than the bought ready made ones.

Thanks HEAPS guys you have been more that helpfull..

19. placplacplac

placplacplac New Member

could be the PG to VG ratio.
    I find I burn through higher VG mixes faster, and that's what I normally mix.
    Many premixes have a higher PG content as standard unless you ask for something different

forgot to say PG carries flavor easier, if you up the VG you often need to up the flavor

20. cotjnymoul

cotjnymoul New Member

Ok Thanks Heaps D1git you have been more than helpful,will be making an order with the juice factory monday so once I get it and make up some I will come back and let you know how it goes..one more question... I have done lots of research on steeping and one says to steep the concentrated bottle and others say to steep after I have mixed it up ,what do you think would be the better way to do this please ...