Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Charge adapter

Discussion in 'Vape Modding and Technical' started by Gregrz, Nov 10, 2015.

1. Angry Grandma .

Angry Grandma . Member

This little widget might be appreciated by JIB owners who find it a PITA to connect the charge cable. For the peeps that dont know, the unit must be rotated onto the connector. A few people have broken the connector from the charger by trying to just rotate the wire, and the result is snapping the wire off.

This is my answer to the problem. Not earth shattering I agree, but might be worth wasting an hour building one, to save the heartache of a flat JIB and no way to charge it, be.comse if you do leave it uncharged, it will die!!!!

2. Toleaxosota

Toleaxosota New Member

nice thinking that man !

3. hm80

hm80 New Member

oooooooooo! I've got no idea what bits you've got there.... would you be interested in making and selling me one? I'm praying mine aren't goners - I've done exactly that to my charger, and it's above my soldering skill level. Hopefully a friend is going to look at it on Monday.

4. DarkGuardian

DarkGuardian New Member

The bits came out of my never throw dead stuff away box. You would be looking for an old 510 carto, an dead 510 battery connection and a couple of RCA plugs male and female. Just show the person who is coming to look at your charger and maybe he/she cold knock one together.

5. annajnr5100

annajnr5100 New Member

I've got the bits, but unfortunately he's not likely to. It's the boss and he's only up for the day to service the projector before heading back overseas.

heh, saying 'maybe I can bribe him' sounds sooo wrong! Or maybe an electronics shop would do it. hmmm

Cheers :)

6. You are making me feel guilty!! Give me a few days and I will see what I can come up with?? Need to get to Jaycar for the RCA bits. What do you want to pay so I can look out the correct quality plugs and sockets. From memory the metal bits cost around eight dollars each. They need to be metal and not plastic for them to work.

7. shebang

shebang New Member

8. jgrxxpb58e

jgrxxpb58e New Member

Thats correct Stoney.

The downside is that I need two males as the female is mounted in the other metal sleave? Make sense?

9. Sofia. <3

Sofia. <3 New Member

Ohh, no no no no no! I'm so sorry, didn't mean to do anything like that at all! Please forget it.

Though I am .comghing now, and blushing.... '.comse now I feel really bad! :$

Too funny. darn written word only!

10. alexstro

alexstro New Member

Yes I guess I am old school and hate to see a lady in distress. Long time since I saw a lady blush!!! How Sweet!!