Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Avoid mixing e-liquid - WHAT A CROCK OF SHIT

Discussion in 'Vape Politics and Media' started by jasper3, Feb 15, 2016.

1. jasper3

jasper3 Guest

Just read on some site this:

Avoid Mixing E-liquids
    While not saying DON’T mix e-liquids, understand the DIY approach often doesn’t go as planned. Your e-liquid can end up tasting horrible and leave a disgusting after taste. Also,it can be dangerouswith mistakes. Mixing e-liquids can often result in very high nicotine content and this can be poisonous. DIY is also messy. Stick with a quality American made e-liquid and spend the extra time enjoying your vape rather than mixing.

Before randomly trying to mix liquids, do your research and make sure you have safety equipment before you start mixing if you choose to make your own.

What a crock of shit if you ask me.

First, mixing juices is actually fun, because you can discover a flavor you actually like, that you might not have if you weren't mixing juices.

Second, no idiot in his right mind would be mixing 6mg and 48mg to make it "dangerous" and even then, all you would get is a slight headache = clear indication to reduce nicotine level.

"American made" e-liquid ??? are you really indicating that foreign made liquid is dangerous.

Anyway, that is my rant for the day.

2. sethky

sethky New Member

Device:
    Pen
    Juice:
    Kryptonite
    Honestly I mixed a few flavors and to be honest I haven't found any good tasting in mixing, I tried twice and both times at different ratios with a few flavors and none came out tasting good.Do you have any recommendations of where to start and what flavors are easy to mix and have.

3. lucy2017

lucy2017 New Member

Device:
    Auxiliary Vaporizer
    Juice:
    Vanilla
    I have never mixed flavors but I definitely think it is something I would like to try. What do you mix?

4. Pablo Diaz

Pablo Diaz Member

Device:
    Vaporfi Platinum Pro
    Juice:
    Vaporfi afternoon delight
    I agree with you - but I have something to add. I recommend not mixing if you're just randomly doing it "to see what happens", because if you create established mixes that have been already tried by other people, you'll most likely have a good result. It's all about doing the proper research and knowing what you're doing.

5. mooray

mooray Member

Device:
    eGo & EVOD.
    Juice:
    VG/PG
    Word mistake you can possible make. The flavor just becomes awful.

6. AboveTheSmoke

AboveTheSmoke Active Member

Device:
    Volcano All Day
    Juice:
    Lock Shock & Barrel
    You can't just limit it by country, gotta limit it by vendor. If you think American-made e-liquid is better, there's still a place where it's produced and that guy could be a grimy old man with warts everywhere that never washes his hands. He might take baths in your e-liquid and eat pizza while snorkling in it and that is what gives it its flavor. You never know, you know? Gotta go through people you trust, who cares about the imaginary lines on the map.

7. Ladyferoz

Ladyferoz Member

Device:
    Vape Master
    Juice:
    Mango Lassi
    My boyfriend mixed cola and vanilla once, I got what he was trying to do, it was not a bad idea per say but it tasted horrible. It had a perfume aftertaste. After that experience, I do not suggest mixing your flavors, as good as you think it will taste do not try it with expensive juice.

AboveTheSmoke likes this.
  8. Geeka

Geeka New Member

Device:
    eGo ONE
    Juice:
    Apple
    I don't think there's a right or wrong to this at all. They're all flavours, after all.

I guess it's just our basic instincts that we want to try and mix all the flavours that we have got together. Kind of like cooking really. I've tried mixing a few myself, and like my cooking, some fair better than others and that's completely okay :)

9. oportosanto

oportosanto Member

Device:
    Vape Pen Endeavor
    Juice:
    Churrios
    I really don't understand all the negative talking about vaping. I am certain that mixing e-liquid is perfectly safe and we might even get a flavor we prefer better...

10. Lynk

Lynk Member

Device:
    Aspire Nautilis
    Juice:
    Mt. Baker Vapor Pineapple Peach
    The only real danger I think is spilling the nicotine in a location where a child or pet could ingest it. A lot of people have found they can make flavors they prefer and they enjoy the process. Some say they save money this way. Personally I'm not a chef and I'd rather just buy pre-mixed flavors especially since there are so many vendors now. However, I really don't understand this negative talk about mixing.

11. lexinonomous

lexinonomous New Member

Device:
    box mod
    Juice:
    anything with fruit
    I have never had any issues with mixing my e-liquids. I have always enjoyed buying e-liquids at the same nicotine level and mixing them together when loading up my mod. I don't see an issue with it. I don't think you would have any issues when dealing with two liquids with the same nicotine level content. I can imagine you might run into some issues when mixing different levels, but nothing too drastic.

12. oportosanto

oportosanto Member

Device:
    Vape Pen Endeavor
    Juice:
    Churrios
    That's pretty much my case too @lexinonomous. I mean, what could possibly be the issue? Those saying otherwise are just making conspiracy theories.

13. cig93

cig93 Member

Device:
    various
    Juice:
    apollo
    Avoiding mixing is a little bit too big word, I mean of course it can be awful taste in the end and all the mistakes. But of course it is not dangerous at all, otherwise encouraged to mix yourself some unique tastes I guess.

Of course you have to pay attention to a few things, but if you research a little bit, It shouldn't be a problem.

14. oportosanto

oportosanto Member

Device:
    Vape Pen Endeavor
    Juice:
    Churrios
    I think the same thing, I don't see it as dangerous, just the flavors might not exactly be what we desire, at the same time we will never know that if we don't try.

15. Jack Benoit

Jack Benoit Member

Device:
    iTaste MVP 2.0 iClear 30
    Juice:
    Snake oil from Seduce Juice, pear/coconut/cream
    .I'vе hаd оnе tоо mаny "3mg" juiсеs thаt еndеd up fееling likе 6+ fоr mе tо trust prеmаdе juiсе. Plus, if I dесidе I wаnt tо mix а bоttlе оf 2mg оr 4mg, it's а hеll оf а lоt еаsiеr thаn trying tо mix twо prеmаdе bоttlеs оf diffеrеnt strеngths tо gеt thе right

16. artyarson

artyarson Member

Device:
    e-cigarette
    Juice:
    cherry
    Well, I don't usually mix anything. I just don't think it's a right thing to do. I'm also decreasing the amount of nicotine every month. So, I probably won't try to pull this off ever.

17. oportosanto

oportosanto Member

Device:
    Vape Pen Endeavor
    Juice:
    Churrios
    Yep, not mixing is the standard procedure to be honest as I believe the juices available for sale are pretty much optimized. Either cases mixing them is perfectly ok too.

18. ejorman1010

ejorman1010 Member

Device:
    Tesla
    Juice:
    Johnson Creek
    I feel like that is pretty normal thing that I've avoided. I just don't like mixing flavors in general. You get different nicotine content, which is important for those trying to wean off nicotine.

19. AboveTheSmoke

AboveTheSmoke Active Member

Device:
    Volcano All Day
    Juice:
    Lock Shock & Barrel

I wish you could see my buddy's little mix set up: he has his own shed from Home Depot that is just for his little start up. He has a small box under one of the tables that is full of all of his worst concoctions and stored with written notes about what it was, the ratios and what he describes the flavor to taste like. It's awesome. He's always been a nerd, but we never expected him to be this beautiful of a nerd.

He also doesn't like letting people try the better ones unless they taste some of the bad ones and try to describe the flavor to him. He's going places.

Ladyferoz likes this.
  20. Stopcigarettes

Stopcigarettes Member

Device:
    eGo-t
    Juice:
    RY4
    I normally what for the one juice to finish before I start another. Looks like I was doing the right thing all a long. There might be certain juices that might combine well but while I don't have enough experience with them I will not run that risk.