Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Any of you guys get mouth sores from vaping?

Discussion in 'Vape Talk' started by wildma, Oct 7, 2015.

1. AboveTheSmoke

AboveTheSmoke Active Member

Device:
    Volcano All Day
    Juice:
    Lock Shock & Barrel
    I stay pretty well hydrated, eat healthy and never get cold sores or mouth sores or anything like that. I know a few people that have had the issue, one of them uses coconut oil on their lips and that seems to help

2. Hedonologist

Hedonologist Member

Device:
    PC
    Juice:
    n/a
    I agree with the Above poster(pun intended), hydrated membranes are far less prone to irritation, so keeping hydrated will make sores and ulcers less common, although it won't eradicate them completely. Often they may be caused by bacteria and you wrongly assume the vape has caused it.

3. SapnaTheBaller3

SapnaTheBaller3 Member

Device:
    ELeaf
    Juice:
    O.C
    Yes I found it worse when I had just started vaping. My mouth was very dry and it sort of had me worried. Though now I just got used to it and always have a water bottle near me.

4. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Device:
    JAC vapour
    Juice:
    Real Tobacco
    While like I said in a previous post, while I haven't experienced the mouth sores, when I first started vaping I did find that I had a drier mouth than usual and have to make sure that I drank more.

Looking at other comments it looks like this is a regular thing and could contribute to mouth sores if people aren't careful.

5. missvape

missvape Active Member

Device:
    Pen Type
    Juice:
    Milk Man
    Apparently, quitting smoking in itself can lead to mouth sores. But since you've been vaping for two years now, maybe it could be the PG. Try switching to a hundred percent VG. Or maybe try those organic e-juices that some stores sell. Also, stay hydrated as vaping can certainly make you lose some fluids which can lead to sores as well. If all these fail, try consulting a doctor for a remedy or medication. I've read gargling salt-water can be helpful as well as lysine. But you would need a diagnosis from a professional still.

6. rz3300

rz3300 Member

Device:
    Laptop
    Juice:
    Apple
    I have yet to experience anything really negative when it comes to health issues since I started vaping, but then again I am coming from the worst as I used to smoke a lot, so anything I get I just tend to attribute to years of smoking. I would say that the best idea is to keep an eye on anything and go see a professional if you need to. You can never be too safe when it comes to these things, and catching anything early is certainly better.

7. untitled

untitled Member

Device:
    Evic VTC Mini
    Juice:
    VG
    Threads like these scare me! Although I've snused for two years prior with no cuts on my mouth and been vaping for around 2 years now with no lesions whatsoever. Dip tobacco is the only thing that cut my mouth up.

I wonder why some of you get lesions while others like me don't?

8. Acheno84

Acheno84 Member

Device:
    Ego pen
    Juice:
    Blueberry

I personally haven't experienced this, but I have seen an increase in mouth dryness and baaaaad breath. I find myself brushing 4 times a day or more, and I carry mouth wash. Maybe invest in some sea salt mouth wash to help keep the sores clean.

Sorry to hear this is happening. I hope you find some sort of resolution!

missvape likes this.
  9. missvape

missvape Active Member

Device:
    Pen Type
    Juice:
    Milk Man
    I have also experienced some increased dryness in the mouth when I started vaping. That's why I try to stay more hydrated and drink more water than before. I even carry my own bottle just so I can refill it whenever I get thirsty.

As far as bad breath, I'm quite thankful that I haven't gotten this one! But it helps that I also brush my teeth quite often and so long. Lol. My husband teases me that he has finished his whole bathroom ritual and I'm still brushing my teeth. Haha!

I do hope that OP can find a resolution. And keeps us updated on whatever the diagnosis is!

10. ZXD22

ZXD22 Member

Device:
    Joyetech Ego One
    Juice:
    Atmos watermelon
    I used to get a lot of mouth sores, but the more I vaped, I got used to the sores. I guess its just your mouth not used to that amount of vapor all at the same time, for me at least.

11. genevb

genevb Member

Device:
    VaporFI Rebel II
    Juice:
    Apple
    Think about other daily habits you have that are related to vaping as I'm sure that one of those might be the actual cause. However try adding no flavor or changing it, if that doesn't work try another device, another resistance as I haven't got mouth sores ever in my life from vaping and also don't know anyone else besides you that did.

12. ejorman1010

ejorman1010 Member

Device:
    Tesla
    Juice:
    Johnson Creek
    I've never had an issue with mouth ulcers from vaping. I don't think I've ever had a mouth ulcer even before vaping. I think some people are just more susceptible to it and vaping can dry out your mouth.

13. Okaviator

Okaviator Member

Device:
    Joyetech
    Juice:
    Lemon
    Mouth sores have made me quit vaping. I just realized that it's not worth vaping if it's harming my body in any way.

14. OursIsTheFury

OursIsTheFury New Member

Device:
    None
    Juice:
    None
    It is common to get mouth sores or ulcers while smoking/vaping because it dries out the mouth. Make sure to hydrate yourself to avoid these side effects. Put things into moderation, and take breaks when necessary. It's really nothing to worry about though, your body just need water to repair itself.

15. JCBarnett

JCBarnett Guest

Seeing as you've never had a problem with cigarettes, I recommend switching to a higher quality liquid (I recommend LOADED!, they do a Smores and a doughnut flavor) and see if that alleviates your issue. Then I would check to see what temperature or wattage you're using and maybe try turning it down a little bit. If you're still having issues, it may be a geniune medical issue and you may need to consult a doctor.

16. mauricioq

mauricioq New Member

Device:
    Pen Style
    Juice:
    Apple
    Fortunately for me, it never happened, but a friend of mine says the exact same thing. I'll take a guess and say it varies from person to person. Try to smoke less and see if it gets better.