Welcome to Vape.to ! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Vape.to community.

Any of you guys get mouth sores from vaping?

Discussion in 'Vape Talk' started by wildma, Oct 7, 2015.

1. Paula

Paula New Member

You actually put the loose snuss in your mouth? That would have to be a strong dose of nic.

2. TwerryNor

TwerryNor New Member

Yep .. apparently its popular in some places .. I have a few tins but am avoiding those dont think it will be for me .. keep thinking of movies like deliverance :p (lol but am sure that its not like that )

Snus in general is stronger and also has more natural additives than pure vaping .. its why I still think it ideal for the hard core smokers even if for a short time while trying to make the switch from smoking .. just wish they wouldnt keep mixing the american snus up with the swedish .. they are different ball games altogeather

As to the mouth sores .. keep in mind all peeps are not the same and the mouth in particular like the gut has its own micro cosom of bacteria .. pg/ vg/ nic etc wether vaping or snusing or NRTing will muck with that system in some people ..

smoking has alot of chemicals in it to keep you smoking cough suppressants etc and the body gets used to those .. when you switch your body begins to repair and old issues that smoking covered up for you may come to the surface ..as well as new one related to quitting smoking

I suppose like anything its a matter of how much you want to take, or managing your own body or wether or not you think its worth persisting in .. I dont get mouth sores but even if I did .. my health is over 9000 better then it was even a year ago

3. olgauhtolzey2642

olgauhtolzey2642 New Member

Yea, the reason for posting about this in the first place was to find a solution to the mouth sores rather than give up vaping. They did get bad at one point there and recently got worse. I found the prob was I made a mistake in my measurements when mixing up my last batch of juice and put in too much nic. This highlighted the sores and now ive halfed my normal nic to about 4mg, im a happy vaper. I find the harshness from the juice has gone and so has the irritation on the roof of my mouth. Your right everyones different but I hope this may also be a solution for some. Jen mentioned she has the same problem so it may be cure for her and others too.

4. Raga

Raga New Member

Still haven't found a solution for dry tongue though lol! :)

5. ashleycoolcat22

ashleycoolcat22 New Member

Steve, I have had a similar problem from one particular source of nic.
    Not so much mouth sores but a furry mouth feel that killed my taste buds and put a foul odour on my breath.
    changed the nic brand, problem solved.
    It was the only common denominator in my sitch.

6. dvperrysnat

dvperrysnat New Member

Ok I will add my two cents worth, I have on the odd occasion had a mouth ulcer on the lower lip. In either the left or right corner.

What I worked out myself from my own personal experience, is that if I had a fluid spill into my mouth from a gurgly hit or tilting the device that residual liquid leaked into my mouth I would often break out into an Ulcer in the next 12-24 hours. This fluid comes from several sources in mods, vapour that has re-condensed inside a atomiser chamber or top cap and has no way to drain back into a tank. Popping liquid off of sub ohm coils using either a dripper or Sub ohm RTA etc.

I have used the same e-liquid, same flavours, brand and strength solid for 18 months, the only variable is the odd occasion I get a mouth full of liquid, also I think its temperature dependant, I associate the times when its a hot liquid shot with the ulcer formation.

I haven't really stayed abreast of the latest and greatest of mods and atomisers I have pretty well got to the point where I can make a kayfun dance to the tune I want between 1-1.5 ohms, horizontal, vertical, 24AWG through 30AWG, cotton, organic cotton, ceramic, SS mesh, SS mesh with silca, siica over ceramic, and plain old silica. Tried the Atlantis Sub Tank, and Kangertech Sub Ohm Mini (which I really like with 1.2ohm coils closest to my kayfun vape of choice) Through all of that would get an odd ulcer and always associate with a hot shot of fluid in the gob.

Yes anecdotal maybe but at least others who read will not feel left out. In summary I think it has to do with the mouth being irritated by probably nicotine. Its a common complaint of people who dip and they change to another pocket of the mouth to place their next pinch.

7. Perfect Solider

Perfect Solider New Member

Hey Steve, thanks for posting this! I have an *IDENTICAL* experience, that still isn't resolved, however as you have mentioned, my LAST option right now was going to be to decrease my nicotine from 6mg to 3mg. I have been vaping a little over 4 years, and only recently have the canker sores been real bad, to the point I quit for 30 days, and what do you know, no canker sores! Just like you, I tried all vg, all pg, 50/50 different flavors, different companys, organic etc. etc. I do vape lower nicotine once in a while, but it isn't satisfying, so I've always went back to 6. Well, I don't want to quit vaping, so I hope 3mg avoids canker sores, and well, I will just crank the power up.

Anyway, anybody who does suffer from canker sores.. get your self a prescription for Triamcinolone Dental Paste. (I get it from my PCP) Canker sores used to last 7 -10 days and sometimes with multiple deep in my mouth.. i put some paste on and theyre gone in 24 hours. (note: sometimes its hard to get it on when they are in odd spots like they way back of your throat) but this stuff works wonders.

Anyways, This weekend I am purchasing some 3mg and I pray this is the solution. Thanks for the post steve, and I will report back with my findings to help others who have this problem.

-jon

8. lAgustinaFergusonq

lAgustinaFergusonq New Member

Hey jon,
    Thanks for posting. As an update id like to add that i turned to cartos, and problem solved. If your experiencing the same problem as me that should fix it. Since I turned to cartos the problem never returned.

9. wxdpsbkgek

wxdpsbkgek New Member

As far as I know vaping isn't related to mouth ulcers. It's usually associated with lack of vitamins nutrients vegetables etc, like when a sailor gets scurvy from eating too much salted meat hehe

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

10. Logik

Logik New Member

I do get them every so often on tip of my tongue
    I put i down to vaping on one side of my mouth and lack of water
    I now drink more water beer and try alternating placement on mouth left right left left left right left

11. Standyourground

Standyourground New Member

I just started vaping again and same thing. Mouth sores inside my mouth despite drinking a heap of water.

get a sore tongue for a few days too like it's burnt, could just be the PG or VG in it.. who knows... its going away though

12. RalphKramden

RalphKramden New Member

I can't imagine that being caused by simply vaping on one side your mouth, I have never experienced anything like that. What nicotine strength are you vaping? Does this happen with multiple flavours or are vaping one in particular? Some people can have reactions to certain flavourings I believe, plus PG doesn't agree with some people. Either that or your getting a lot of spit back, which would definitely cause aggravation from the nicotine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. karmelyn

karmelyn New Member

Device:
    hp 17 touchscreen laptop
    Juice:
    don't have one yet
    That may be an allergic reaction I'm not a doctor but id definitely seek medical advise for that one buddy. Good luck and feel better!!!

14. Hedonologist

Hedonologist Member

Device:
    PC
    Juice:
    n/a
    I don't get mouth sores from vaping themselves, but when I occasionally do get them, the vaping irritates them further. During that time I cut down on vaping a bit, but it never really lasts longer. I don't see why it would give you mouth sores, but perhaps you have a particularly sensitive membrane.

15. Mike Hannigan

Mike Hannigan Member

Device:
    T3S
    Juice:
    ViPS Mint Ice Tea
    I started getting mouth sores for a while before drinking water after every session of vaping. I have to say, it really helped out.

Turns out, water is a thing you can't live without!

16. Hedonologist

Hedonologist Member

Device:
    PC
    Juice:
    n/a
    I can second this, and actually it's something I did with smoking too. I always found that I never got a sore throat if I gargled post cigar (probably less practical for cigarette smokers) so I can assume the same is true for vaping, the residue get's removed when you wash your mouth out, so no irritation!

17. artyarson

artyarson Member

Device:
    e-cigarette
    Juice:
    cherry
    Mouth sores are annoying. Used to deal with them back in the day. Don't remember/know what they were caused by. However, I haven't had any single one within these 2 years. I've actually been vaping for like 2 years, too. Maybe I'm kind of lucky, I dunno.

18. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Device:
    JAC vapour
    Juice:
    Real Tobacco
    I have to admit that I've never suffered from mouth sores from vaping, although I have only been vaping for a couple of months.

As with anything I guess there can be some side effects but I'm not sure if mouth sores are a common problem, if it is, I've not heard of it before to be honest.

19. Ladyferoz

Ladyferoz Member

Device:
    Vape Master
    Juice:
    Mango Lassi
    You could have a pg allergy. Vaping can also dehydrate you so make sure that you are drinking enough water. Wow, that sounds painful, I hope you find the source of the problem.

20. VirtualBusyBee

VirtualBusyBee Member

Device:
    Fuchai
    Juice:
    Finleys 7
    I can't say that I have ever had any issues with mouth sores since I started vaping. I also don't ever recall hearing from anyone else that vapes that they have gotten reoccurring mouth sores either. I'm going to research this because now I'm interested in seeing what could be possibly causing this.